Hacking [Release] NTRBoot for R4igoldcc,ARDS(EZ),ARDSI

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this ARDSi supported?

jiOSdBY.jpg
I'm wondering the same thing. I bricked my other AR DSi to the point that it isn't even recognized by the program...

D

Deleted User

Okay fellas, I have a guide for you to flash ntrboot to the Action Replay DSi Cards that were still the same after flashing, basically the incompatible revisions.
First of all: I DID NOTHING TO MAKE THIS WORK! All credits go to @al3x_10m for fixing the bin files to flash and to derrek and profi200 for ardsiflasher! I have the permisson to post this Guide because al3x_10m can't since he has under 10 posts so he is unable to do so.
Also, I'm not responsible for any damage. @al3x_10m isn't either. Proceed all steps correctly, then you should be fine :)

I had an unflashable Action Replay DSi that some other people here also reported. After I flashed it "sucessfully", it still was like before, without ntrboot. Nothing changed. So, I contacted him, we tried different things. The thing he was most suprised of is that the ardsi-firmware-updater said my card is no Action Replay DSi. So, after a few days he told me he fixed it, saying that CodeManager failed to write it. He brought an alternative method including the needed files that I'll attach below.
Heres the Guide:
0) You'll need a 64bit Linux System. If you don't have Linux installed, simply use a Live DVD session of Ubuntu.
1) Download the ARDSiNTRBoot.zip and extract it.
2) Open Terminal in the folder you extracted it to (SHIFT+Right click in the Folder -> Open In Terminal; For Ubuntu at least)
3) type the following commands:
Code:
sudo apt install libusb-1.0-0-dev
and Install the package.
4) Plug in your Action Replay DSi into your powered on 3DS and plug in the cable to your PC. The ARDSi doesn't have a header but you'll notice that it was inserted correctly when the pointer around the game card icon jumps to it.For this to check, you first have to choose another app, but don't start it of course. After you push it in, it'll jump to the card icon. If you have luma, it'll have a white header
5) In the Terminal, type
Code:
sudo chmod +x ardsiflash
to make the program executable.
6) Time to flash :)
Type the following into Terminal
Code:
sudo ./ardsiflash -w ardsidumpntr.bin
And Press Enter. It'll take around 30-45 seconds to complete. Don't touch your card or you'll likely brick your card!
I had problems with my usb 3 port, causing errors like

Just try it with an usb 2 port, that worked for me
7) When Terminal tells you the flashing was sucessful, power off your 3DS. Remove the cable.

And done, you have a working ARDSi with ntrboot!! :)
It'll load your ntrboot.firm file from SD with the standard key combo during startup.

If you want to flash it back to orginal condition, you first have to download and extract ARDSibacktostock.zip. copy the bin to the folder where your ardsiflash executable is. Follow step 2 and 4, but use the following command this time:
Code:
sudo ./ardsiflash -w ardsidumporig.bin
Can you create a simple cmd prompt program to work without Linux please?

delgaucho

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys.When i try to install the update for the r4igold.cc it doesn't do the "erasing step",it only programs and the firmware versione remains unchanged

BeepBoop69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a black label ardsi and tried to follow al3x_10m and einhuman197's guide, however I'm having some difficulties. The 3DS will not recognize and move the cursor to the game card slot when I insert the ardsi, either with or without a game inserted into the ardsi. Subsequently, when flashing (sudo ./ardsiflash -w ardsidumpntr.bin) I get an error: "action replay dsi not found". I assume the same problem is causing these issues but not sure where to go from here, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1