Hacking [RELEASE] Pasta CFW without Cubic Ninja - MSET (4.x old3ds)

Lawa Ye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have questions :
1:If you use the MSET method to install PastaCFW then use THIS GUIDE while in PASTACFW to update to 9.2 .
2: If I have a Japanese CIA with region free and firmware spoof will the game work ?

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I have questions :
1:If you use the MSET method to install PastaCFW then use THIS GUIDE while in PASTACFW to update to 9.2 .
2: If I have a Japanese CIA with region free and firmware spoof will the game work ?
1. That's not a question.
2. Yes, make sure it is spoofed and working on 4.x, ___iso.com has Japanese Region Free roms.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
Wondering if this setup will work to play CIA's up to 9.2 without buying anything. If not can anyone help me correct the problem?

-Downgrade to 4.5 using this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/
-Install Cubic Ninja CIA to use NinjaHax.
-Run Ninjahax and Use RXtools to make Emunand.
-Run Emunand and update to 9.2
-Use sysnand for games upto 4.5 and emunand with Ninjahax that was previously installed for games up to 9.2

Will it work? or is there anything better?

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if this setup will work to play CIA's up to 9.2 without buying anything. If not can anyone help me correct the problem?

-Downgrade to 4.5 using this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/
-Install Cubic Ninja CIA to use NinjaHax.
-Run Ninjahax and Use RXtools to make Emunand.
-Run Emunand and update to 9.2
-Use sysnand for games upto 4.5 and emunand with Ninjahax that was previously installed for games up to 9.2

Will it work? or is there anything better?

No, because you need to launch the Cubic Ninja CIA, which you can't do outside of PASTA.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
No, because you need to launch the Cubic Ninja CIA, which you can't do outside of PASTA.

I see, so scrap that. So I follow the original guide in the beginning of this topic and have Pasta CFW loading on 4.5 without Cubic Ninja. Is it possible to use RXtools to make an emunand and use some other launcher in a newer emunand firmware?

Emunand can only emulate nands from your own console correct? or can RXtools also emulate emunands from other consoles? If so it would be sweet to get a japanese emunand at 9.2 with cubic ninja officially installed from the japanese store.

Lawa Ye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. That's not a question.
2. Yes, make sure it is spoofed and working on 4.x, ___iso.com has Japanese Region Free roms.
Haha I am sorry, what I meant to say was: :If you use the MSET method to install PastaCFW without CubicNinja then use THIS GUIDE while in PASTACFW to update to 9.2 could you play your japanese .CIAs with region free and firmware spoof ?

Reactions: OctopusRift

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Haha I am sorry, what I meant to say was: :If you use the MSET method to install PastaCFW without CubicNinja then use THIS GUIDE while in PASTACFW to update to 9.2 could you play your japanese .CIAs with region free and firmware spoof ?
NO. 4.6 and up REMOVES MSET, so unless you use palantine, aka emunand, you're screwed. :P DONT UPDATE YOUR MAIN, UPDATE EMUNAND.

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
how do i update only my emunand ?
Use the Gateway installer, install emunand, BACK UP SYSNAND, boot palantine, use the same MSET method, (hold L) install bigblue or something, use 3DNUS, install 9.2 update via CIA. I think that's it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry about my assholeish nature! I was tired.

Reactions: Lawa Ye

spadesmagnes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
(sorry, didn't really search the thread)
Hello people, I read the tutorial and I'm a bit confused as I already have a Gateway card and a FW of 4.2, does anyone of you know what would be the process to install Pasta CFW into my 3DS without losing my emuNAND
I'm looking into Pasta mostly for the recently injected GBA games and I want a bite of that cake as well

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Question : since Cubic Ninja is not required, does this mean that Ninjhax is also unecessary?
Kinda sorta. If you can go to 4.5 and get the mset exploit running, you can also use PBT to install a decent CIA manager, you can avoid CN entirely but will have to live without 7.x+ crypto stuff. When spiderpasta arrives, you can upgrade to 9.2 with sysUpdater and avoid CN entirely.

If you can't go to 4.5, you need ninjhax to install CIAs in the first place, so you won't get around it.

Last_Word

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Another question: I have a 3ds which has v4.5 FW. And apparently I am stuck on step 8...instead of having the bottom screen flash, the 3ds freezes and afterwards it kicks me out saying that the system has encountered an error and needs to restart. I heard some people say that this happens frequently, and I should just try until the CFW finally loads.
Should I do as they say, or could it be another thing that causes the problem?
Oh, I actually downgraded my system from 8.x to 4.5 using gateway btw.

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
Another question: I have a 3ds which has v4.5 FW. And apparently I am stuck on step 8...instead of having the bottom screen flash, the 3ds freezes and afterwards it kicks me out saying that the system has encountered an error and needs to restart. I heard some people say that this happens frequently, and I should just try until the CFW finally loads.
Should I do as they say, or could it be another thing that causes the problem?
Oh, I actually downgraded my system from 8.x to 4.5 using gateway btw.
Use the files from the video tutorial in spanish or whatever, it doesnt boot because something is missing somehow, the video thingy works great 100% boot rate

D

Deleted User

Thank you so much for this! PBT didn't work at all for me, but this worked first try! Now i can finally play Sonic Advanced on my 3DS!

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard somewhere that it's 99% to get success in boot rate, for me it's 100%.

I installed pasta cfw 3 times, one of them was on Old3DS and two in 3DS XL.

Hahah, but have you booted it 100 times to test that? I've had it fail on me... once. But ~1/100 failure-rate is a whole lot better than the 50/50 shot you've got with PBT, so as far as I can tell this is a straight upgrade.

On an unrelated note, I'm really curious as to why the Pasta launcher.dat is only like 3 KB whereas others are >1 MB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok