Hacking [RELEASE] PFBA: Portable Final Burn Alpha - official thread

pharredd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It should have disabled it. I think 254 and 255 don't point to anything in particular... they should be null inputs. Like I said, I have to do this to run FPBA; otherwise I get constant unwanted input. You might want to ask the developers if this is going to be a permanent fix for you.

I figured it out....so I had to change every single game's config individually in ux0:data/pfba/configs...I only disable the right analog stick in the main menu using your method. Thanks again for your help!

zewindsor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

When I launch a Coleco game, Carnival for example, I'm stuck on the blue screen where we choose the number of players and difficulty. On original Coleco, we have to press the number on the pad, regarding our choice. I tried several buttons and combinaisons of buttons on the Vita but nothing worked. I looked for the right buttons but couldn't find it.

If someone can help me, thanks :)

Anyone can help ? Thanks !

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cpasjuste : Would it be possible for you to change the TitleID of the Emu so it starts with PCxx#####? The Dev of VitaCheat informed me that he will not be supporting Homebrew, and that it only works with TitleIDs that start with PCxx##### . I do have a few suggestions though, since a lot of Homebrew have Letters in Number locations
PCVITAFBA
PCFBAVITA
PCPFBAVIT
PCSEPFBAV

At least this way, Users can have a Arcade/System Emulator with Cheats for CPS1 and CPS2, along with any others they wish. The only problem is, if I am correct, with each Update, Users might have to Search for Codes again, since the Addresses might be changed. I noticed that on my 3DS using Gateway to find Cheats in RetroArch. Not a Problem for Users who rarely Update though.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@cpasjuste : Would it be possible for you to change the TitleID of the Emu so it starts with PCxx#####? The Dev of VitaCheat informed me that he will not be supporting Homebrew, and that it only works with TitleIDs that start with PCxx##### . I do have a few suggestions though, since a lot of Homebrew have Letters in Number locations
PCVITAFBA
PCFBAVITA
PCPFBAVIT
PCSEPFBAV

At least this way, Users can have a Arcade/System Emulator with Cheats for CPS1 and CPS2, along with any others they wish. The only problem is, if I am correct, with each Update, Users might have to Search for Codes again, since the Addresses might be changed. I noticed that on my 3DS using Gateway to find Cheats in RetroArch. Not a Problem for Users who rarely Update though.
Well, there will be some problems with homebrew that are not updated anymore. That's a strange move.

pharredd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
still blown away that I'm able to play 3rd strike on my vita. Will it be possible for this emulator to be optimized to play third strike perfectly (or near perfectly) without having to use frameskipping or is this the best the vita can do in emulating 3rd strike?

pharredd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don’t think so because the Vita CPU is not powerful enough.

However the Switch version of PFBA runs SF3 in perfect 60 fps.

man, I need to pick up a switch...at this rate it'll be the greatest portable emulation device ever. Sucks for game developers though, piracy might just scare away all those third party developers from releasing exclusives on the switch and the switch will just become a port system and eventually end up with a similar fate to the vita (which is good news for all us emulation fans)

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
man, I need to pick up a switch...at this rate it'll be the greatest portable emulation device ever. Sucks for game developers though, piracy might just scare away all those third party developers from releasing exclusives on the switch and the switch will just become a port system and eventually end up with a similar fate to the vita (which is good news for all us emulation fans)

I also thought the Switch would be best for portable retro gaming until I realized it has no dpad.

Luckily, Hori is scheduled to release a Joycon with a dpad sometime soon.

codygs83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may be a party foul, but can anyone share a link to a working Sega rom for any of the sonic games?
I've tried and tried but can't get any mega drive etc. roms working on switch. Even placed in the pfba/megadriv directory and renamed the zip files to the correct names. I've tried bin and md files. But can't get anything working! Any help would be awesome

pharredd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also thought the Switch would be best for portable retro gaming until I realized it has no dpad.

Luckily, Hori is scheduled to release a Joycon with a dpad sometime soon.

Nintendo should make a gamecube joycon (not just the colour scheme but the actual button layout and feel of the buttons) and maybe old school ones (SNES, NES, N64) for nostalgic gamers that want the feel of all those classics when these games are released on Virtual Console

I know there's companies out there that do custom skins for joycons but Nintendo could make a lot of money if they take it a step further and not just come out with these colour schemes but replicate those old controllers in joycon form (although the N64 one would be kind of awkward)

Last edited by pharredd,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may be a party foul, but can anyone share a link to a working Sega rom for any of the sonic games?
I've tried and tried but can't get any mega drive etc. roms working on switch. Even placed in the pfba/megadriv directory and renamed the zip files to the correct names. I've tried bin and md files. But can't get anything working! Any help would be awesome
No rom sharing allowed bro, use ClrMamePro to clean your games.

Reactions: codygs83

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello @cpasjuste and @rsn8887, latest version 1.57 does not create the pfba folder in ux0:/data, so I do not know where the config is and I can not edit the rom directory.

Tested in 3.65 enso, someone else has this problem or it's just me, previous versions create the pfba folder, my data folder is not protected, others homebrew Games works perfect.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello @cpasjuste and @rsn8887, latest version 1.57 does not create the pfba folder in ux0:/data, so I do not know where the config is and I can not edit the rom directory.

Tested in 3.65 enso, someone else has this problem or it's just me, previous versions create the pfba folder, my data folder is not protected, others homebrew Games works perfect.
It's possible (lot of change). I'll take a look soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated