Hacking [RELEASE] PFBA: Portable Final Burn Alpha - official thread

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything still going on with the vita version of this project or has this been abandoned?
Last activity was Sept 26th. Recent and more up-to-date would be RetroArch. The main FBA Core (not the 2012) has Cheats that can be used.
Have to find them yourself though. Addresses will NOT match FBA, MAME Cheats or any other. Results will be -/+ 1-3, but will mostly be -1 when looking for the Address. Just find what it should be, then Test +/- 1 Digit. Values will be the same.

Reactions: cvskid

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last activity was Sept 26th. Recent and more up-to-date would be RetroArch. The main FBA Core (not the 2012) has Cheats that can be used.
Have to find them yourself though. Addresses will NOT match FBA, MAME Cheats or any other. Results will be -/+ 1-3, but will mostly be -1 when looking for the Address. Just find what it should be, then Test +/- 1 Digit. Values will be the same.[/QUOTE
Well, pFBA is still up-to-date on the vita.

Reactions: cvskid and Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah your Work is good. Yours actually List all the Games in Order so Users know which Version of the Game they are going for. Also, if a Rom is not for it, it wont show up in the List. RetroArch, you have to go by Rom Name and hope it is Correct.
Would you be able to add into PFBA from RetroArch?

Reactions: Juniorpsvita

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Genesis driver seems to be broken on the last release, i miss playing Mega Drive games (they run full speed as opposed to current Retroarch). I hope this project continues, thx @cpasjuste !

RaniaAl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for this emulator.The menu is so great,so much better than loading the .zip files from the Retroarch FBA.
Unfortunatly no Capcom game will work unlike in Retroarch FBA(All games work fine).It shows at the end of the loading bar the " initial driver" problem.Do I miss something?Or could it be my romset?

Reactions: Garcimak

kerrzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This emulator is bloody brilliant well done on all the work.. i esp love how u can hide non working and cloned roms :-)
what would be quite amazing in any future release is if there was an option to permanently delete the non working and/or cloned roms not even sure if that would be possible.

failing that what do people think the easiest way for me to achieve the above would be as noting down all the clones and non working roms out of 10000 odd would take forever.

thanks Kerrzo!

oli4

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi and first thanks for all the good work.
I have 2 questions wich i cant google my way out of and i read most of this thread.
I have downloaded the last version fba 1.57 from VHBB and i am using the 0.2.97.43 rom pack.
I am on Vita.

it seems that the home systems like pc engine run very slow, mega drive crashes pfba. the neo geo however works like a charm as does the cps2 but with sound issues.

All games are in green and work but the audio sounds choppy as in almost overdriven like there is too much sound being pushed out. The game red earth is also very slow but i recall reading somewhere that is a demanding title.

Secondly i cannot seem to get to the default roms options or the individual rom options like in thre attached picture. i Just see the first section and not the rest. A lot of my options just say "go" and i cant change them.

pfba3.jpg

Any ideas any one how to solve this, or maybe the right google terms so i can find answers ?
Beer money is on the way, 2 beers actually.

-update- found the menu items, was pressing left and right not x.
-update2- mucking around with vsh menu gives better results, going to try the 500 mhz overclock.

Last edited by oli4,

Winklepicker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I know how you feel wanting an update for this emulator, and to the "Vita homebrew" emulator scene in general. But in the end I ended up selling my Vita, and getting a "Nintendo switch" instead. It was the best decision I made tbh, the deifference is night and day in regards to performance. I know that sounds harsh, but its the only way really as I refused to use "Retroarch". I prefer, and always will prefer the standalone emulators for systems.

Also I was getting fed up of lack of games on vita, and support from Sony themselves. All I saw was an endless supply of Japanese RPG's being released for the Vita, starring men with feminine haircuts.
Couldn't take it any longer.

Last edited by Winklepicker,
Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I know how you feel wanting an update for this emulator, and to the "Vita homebrew" emulator scene in general. But in the end I ended up selling my Vita, and getting a "Nintendo switch" instead. It was the best decision I made tbh, the deifference is night and day in regards to performance. I know that sounds harsh, but its the only way really as I refused to use "Retroarch". I prefer, and always will prefer the standalone emulators for systems.

Also I was getting fed up of lack of games on vita, and support from Sony themselves. All I saw was an endless supply of Japanese RPG's being released for the Vita, starring men with feminine haircuts.
Couldn't take it any longer.
Yeah, I only have a small amount of Games. Most Games are PSP Bubble Shortcuts. I only have 2 Pages of Bubbles.

Garcimak

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Last edited by Garcimak,

rez78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy