Homebrew [Release] PicoDrive for 3DS

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding Sega CD games, what formats will work? I tried Wonder Dog as a BIN/CUE, and that was fine, but how about ISOs? Can it handle WAV and MP3 files for the soundtracks?

Kind of odd how some Sega CD games online have the data and music all in one file, while others don't.

D

Deleted User

@bubble2k16 Hey! Love your work on all of your emulators! I have a few questions!

Does this support .32x files?

Will it in the future?

Is it possible that game gear emulation could be added?

Any chance of you reworking any other emulators from retroarch like neo geo , csp1 + 2, etc.?

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there are converters which change Game Gear ROMs into Master System ROMs. Might be something to look into if you're desperate to play those games.

Reactions: wicksand420

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@bubble2k16 Hey! Love your work on all of your emulators! I have a few questions!

Does this support .32x files?

Will it in the future?

Is it possible that game gear emulation could be added?

Yes 32x will be supported because it's already available in PicoDrive. By the dynarec is not yet tested thoroughly for this build.

The lastest r164 and r165 build crash on my new3ds (b9s 1.2 and luma 8.1.1). :O

The complete set of codes weren't committed to Github previously. I've just pushed the latest complete codes, so you can compile and try again. :)

Regarding Sega CD games, what formats will work? I tried Wonder Dog as a BIN/CUE, and that was fine, but how about ISOs? Can it handle WAV and MP3 files for the soundtracks?

Kind of odd how some Sega CD games online have the data and music all in one file, while others don't.

Hmm... Separate MP3/ISO seems supported in PicoDrive. But I haven't tried it in this port... and even if it does, I expect it to only work smoothly for the New 3DS. I think that the Old 3DS may not have enough juice to decode MP3.

Reactions: MKKhanzo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested it with Thunder Force IV and it actually sounds really, really fucking good. I like that low pass filtering is present, and an option for the games that are dependent on it, and the games that were made without it. Speed is pretty good too. Thunder Force IV tends to cause a bit of slowdown on emulators for less powerful consoles, but it was pretty damn smooth here.

I really, really like this emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT