Homebrew [Release] PicoDrive for 3DS

kathy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thing is excellent. I did a full playthrough of Sonic 3 & Knuckles with almost no troubles. Thanks!
There's one small problem though: when trying to bootup the latest version of Sonic Megamix (v5.0), I just get sent to the music player instead of getting in-game.

Sir BLaDE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine is the BIN/CUE version. Is your ISO version the one with the WAV files? I can't find such dumps online.

I noticed the graphic problem with SF2. Not sure why... I'll see if anything can be done with that.

As for music, do you happen to be using an Old 3DS? If so, that might explain the difference. The music is generated at a lower sampling rate which gives a noisier feel, and the high frequency tones won't sound as good. Because I wanted to offload the FM music to the 2nd core to keep things running at 60 FPS, the FM music takes a hit in quality. Unfortunately, but nothing much I can do. The Ne
The problem with SSF2 it's from picodrive core, im trying with the windows version and have the same problem.
Btw a version of FBA will be welcome.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thing is excellent. I did a full playthrough of Sonic 3 & Knuckles with almost no troubles. Thanks!
There's one small problem though: when trying to bootup the latest version of Sonic Megamix (v5.0), I just get sent to the music player instead of getting in-game.
Yeah, same here. It's a known bug. The dev hopefully should look into it.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I made it last night from sonic retro, it called for the original sound files from sonic cd, I had the disc, so i ripped the audio files and made a cue with sega cue maker, burned it to disc, and made a copy of the disc as a bin.

Also, on a side note, @Robz8 where did you find the sonic megamix 5.0b, all i could find was 4.0b on there website
It's on the official website for Megamix.

Reactions: wicksand420

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that the massively unstable beta that got leaked?
Its not beta, they said not to call it beta as it isn't playable throughout. Im making a bin of it now.

Confirmed working as a bin file on the latest build of Bubble2k16's picodrive, just open the cue with imgburn, burn it to disc, and use imgburn to rip the disc to bin

Played the first special stage, fell of, froze the game

Last edited by wicksand420,

Swampat

The swamp monster that pats the ground
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what file type is supported here sorry never seen the genesis file type before.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey @bubble2k16 I have one question.
I want to make custom builds for myself of your emulator that basically handles only one global configuration file for each emu, while avoiding all of the individual per-game/ROM configuration files.
I wanted to ask you if I only need to make the following change:

Code:
bool impl3dsReadWriteSettingsByGame(bool writeMode)
{
bool success = config3dsOpenFile(file3dsReplaceFilenameExtension(romFileNameFullPath, ".cfg"), writeMode);
if (!success)
return false;

config3dsReadWriteInt32("#v1\n", NULL, 0, 0);
config3dsReadWriteInt32("# Do not modify this file or risk losing your settings.\n", NULL, 0, 0);

// set default values first.
if (!writeMode)
{
settings3DS.PaletteFix = 0;
settings3DS.SRAMSaveInterval = 0;
}

Change the line
bool success = config3dsOpenFile(file3dsReplaceFilenameExtension(romFileNameFullPath, ".cfg"), writeMode);
to basically this:
bool success = config3dsOpenFile("./picodrive_3ds.cfg", writeMode);
(same thing for ./virtuanes, etc)

I know I might have to change all the %s.cfg mentions and perhaps the carthw.cfg as well, but I wanted to make sure first which instances are the ones which create/read from the .cfg with the ROM name in it specifically.

Oh also, I am still not sure what line of code is the one which reads from the ROM.cfg files to change those as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: wicksand420

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1