ROM Hack [Release] Pokémon Sigma Ruby (Pokémon Omega Ruby Romhack)

Favna

#PCMasterRace
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Update on strawpoll:

While 'yes' was the clear winner I have been trying and trying to mod the model properly with Blender but I can't find the features to do it with :\ If anyone has experience with editing wavefront objects (.obj files) please do let me know but otherwise my own 'bust may mod' idea is not going to happen.

lE0UYGK.png

ruka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[Quote = "Favna, de la publicación: 6387597, miembro de: 198047"] Conozco las reglas y no, no es - si usted lee las instrucciones de post que se indica claramente que el usuario todavía tiene su propia copia del juego para ganar la exheader en para poder compilar el juego en una copia de trabajo. [/ quote]

I cannot share the .cia. That is piracy.
Same. Also you can't run this on Gateway/Sky3DS anyway.

how extracted the ex header?

Favna

#PCMasterRace
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
[Quote = "Favna, de la publicación: 6387597, miembro de: 198047"] Conozco las reglas y no, no es - si usted lee las instrucciones de post que se indica claramente que el usuario todavía tiene su propia copia del juego para ganar la exheader en para poder compilar el juego en una copia de trabajo. [/ quote]
how extracted the ex header?
Instructions are on the post.........

ruka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EZOW7DE.png

Hello all,

Over the past two weeks I have been working on my romhack of Pokémon Omega Ruby titled Pokémon Sigma Ruby. I have chosen Sigma as this is like Omega and Alpha another letter in the Greek Alphabet as well as that it feels suiting for an improved Pokémon Ruby game.

The most important change in Pokémon Sigma Ruby is that not just the Inverse Battle trainer battles you with the types inversed, no, ALL battles are now following the Inverse type effectiveness. This is a feature that requires patching CRO0 files and it is there mandatory to use the latest Luma3DS or Reinand versions as only they patch the RO

This romhack will crash unless you have the latest Luma3DS or Reinand commit versions

I have little to no knowledge on how well Reinand is supported but for updating Luma3DS please use Astronautlevel2's StarUpdater on 3DS ( cia or QR Code or his Luma3DS Nightlies website

~Screenshots~

ZMCQQ1x.png
8dXmiTp.png

BOaVMwW.png

8ApOkqV.png

~List of features~

A full list of changes such as those made to Pokémon, moves and evolutions can be found in the .pdf file included in the download!
  • The game has a new icon and banner!
  • The game has a new title screen!
  • Many Pokémon have had their base stats slightly updated to make them more viable.
  • Difficult or impossible evolutions (i.e. trade evolutions) have been taken out
  • Some Pokémon have had their typing updated
  • There have been updates on move stats
  • Various Slateport City Market stores have had their items swapped
  • To improve the viability of the above various purchase prices have been swapped
  • Various signs have had their content changed. Try to find them all ;)!
  • Various gift Pokémon have been changed.
  • Various static Pokémon have been changed.
~Download~

Probably the most important section of the post right ;)!?

Click here to download

I have also included the required tools to build the game!

If you have a Mac or Linux machine please get ctrtool from the github repo instead

~Building a .3ds~
  1. Decrypt your own rom
  2. Extract your exheader
    1. Open a Command Prompt
    2. Navigate to the folder that has the files you downloaded. You can do this with `cd C:\Path_to_folder`. If the files are on another drive then first switch to that drive, for example for D it is `D:`
    3. Make sure the decrypted game is named "original_game.cia" (without quotes)
    4. Copy the following command:
    5. Code:
      ctrtool -n 0 --exheader=exheader.bin original_game.cia
  3. Open 3dsbuilder
  4. tick the boxes Use a RomFS binary and Use an ExeFS binary (also keep Media CARD2 ticked)
  5. Select the RomFS.bin and ExeFS.bin respectively
  6. Select your extracted exheader.bin
  7. Select your save location (make sure you end it with .3ds)
  8. Hit GO

~Building as cia~

This is very simple once you have the .3ds
  1. Make sure the .3ds is in a folder on it's own (preferebly called roms in the same directory as the converter)
  2. Open Simple 3DS to CIA converter and click "Convert 3DS ROM to CIA" (no need to do NCCHpadgen!)
  3. Wait a bit. The converter can take quite a bit!
An alternative method is using ihaveamac's 3dsconv which is a Python2 script, therefore it works regardless of OS. Instructions for using the python script are:

1. Make sure the .3ds is in an accessible folder (preferably name it game.3ds)
  2. Make sure the 3dsconv.py script is in the same folder as the .3ds
  3. Make sure make_cia.exe is also in the same folder (find it here)
  4. Navigate to the folder in a command prompt - see the steps on how to do that above
  5. Paste the following command in the prompt:
      1. Code:
        python 3dsconv.py --gen-ncchinfo --noconvert --verbose game.3ds
    1. Note: If you (like me) have both Python2 and Python3 installed you will need to use this instead:
      1. Code:
        py -2 3dsconv.py --gen-ncchinfo --noconvert --verbose game.3ds
  6. Place ncchinfo.bin at the root or /Decrypt9 on your 3DS SD card.
  7. Run Decrypt9, and go to "XORpad Generator Options" and "NCCH Padgen".
  8. Place all generated xorpads in the same directory as the .3ds file (ideally along with the python script and make_cia)
  9. Paste the following command in command prompt:
      1. Code:
        python 3dsconv.py --verbose game.3ds
    1. Note: If you (like me) have both Python2 and Python3 installed you will need to use this instead:
      1. Code:
        py -2 3dsconv.py --verbose game.3ds
  10. This should build the cia

~Notes~

• This game cannot be installed alongside an already existing omega ruby as the romhack won't have a custom TitleID. Please remove any existing Omega Ruby first. Trust me when I say I really wanted this to be the case but using a rsf file with makerom continuesly resulted in black screens after the "Nintendo 3DS" animation. you can first back up the save with [JKSV](https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/) if you want to.
  • If you're already playing a copy of Omega Ruby you will have to remove all updates from that (CTR-U-ECRA/P/E/J is the ProductID for DevMenu/BigBlueMenu) or the romhack will not work. As much as I want to incorperate the 1.4 update in the romhack this is not only very tedious but it is also dangerous because Nintendo can and will ban your Battle Spot and GTS if not online entirely access if they detect you are online with a hacked game (they announced this a while back and since I've actually seen various reports of it) (as opposed to "popular" belief that does not include pkhex'ed / powersaved mons)
  • Text has been edited for the English version only!
  • Since this hack makes no changes to the save file structure you can inject or extract the save file perfectly normal
~Special Thanks~
  • Kaphotics: For creating the amazing pk3ds as well as GARCTool
  • SciresM: For making various tools that are now integrated in pk3ds
  • Asia81: For the tutorial on how to decrypt, extract and repack a 3DS rom
  • Rei: For Ohana3DS which has allowed me to make various texture edits
  • Whoever the heck made Adobe Photoshop: For editing the above mentioned textures
  • ihaveamac (aka ihaveahax) for his continued support while using 3dstool, ctrtool and makerom as well as his amazing work on 3dsconv.py
  • squee666 (aka corrupt mod target) for his support on making the custom icon and banner (requested "aka" name)
  • Astronautlevel for his awesome work on StarUpdater and Luma3DS Nightlies. Also for informing me `py -2` is required when having both Python2 and 3 installed because not even Google gave this one.
  • Everyone else involved in the 3DS hacking community to make CFW possible. Tuxsh, AuroraWright, Smealum, Yellows8, Plailect, derrek, plutoo, d0k3, delebile and everyone else!

~Changelogs~

y'know.. ideally I won't need anything here B-)

And, how to decrypt the rom? D:

ruka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
:(
please someone could make me ? I tried and nothing , nose do : c . well, nothing happens if you can not , I feel discomfort

Favna

#PCMasterRace
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Release update:

I'm currently uploading v1.2. (Though I'm still doubting if it shouldn't be 1.1.1). This update will be a small update on the 3D banner made by Izy again but now improved to scale better. It will also have an optional extra version which includes a busty may mod for those who want that ;)

I am also currently working on the next update which will have even more story text based updates such as the fat guys at the start of the gym telling you what type to use as I never changed such texts to reflect the inversion of type effectiveness.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: RustInPeace

Favna

#PCMasterRace
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
VERSION 1.3 UPDATE

- Updated various parts of the story text to reflect changes made in the game elsewhere such as type effectiveness references
- Various Grass type Pokémon had water immunity abilities which is a bother as Water is super effective on Grass. These have been changed
- Maractus no longer has Water Absorb nor Storm Drain. They are replaced with Rough Skin and Grass Pelt respectively.
- Lileep and Cradily no longer get Storm Drain. It is replaced with Stench.
- Cacnea and Cacturne had Water Absorb removed, their set of 3 abilities is now Sand Veil, Rough Skin or Sand Stream (Hidden).​
- I have added various extra references by NPC's. To give hints on where to find them:
- A scientist in a building in Rustburo City.
- A backpacker in Lilycove City.
- A PokeManiac in the Lilycove PokeCenter.
- An evil team couple on Battle Resort.
- Various brown signs across the region.​
- Updated wild and static encounter tables to reflect other changes made throughout the game

Click here to download the regular version!
Click here to download the Busty May version!

Last edited by Favna,

Izaya-Orihara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, "Favna" can I ask how you edited the Cro files? I would like to edit "DllBattle" so I can change the number of mega evolutions from 1 to 2 per battle?
Thanks in advance.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, "Favna" can I ask how you edited the Cro files? I would like to edit "DllBattle" so I can change the number of mega evolutions from 1 to 2 per battle?
Thanks in advance.
Leave CRO reverse engineering up to Kaphotics and the crew.

why was this featured lmao thanks I guess

Last edited by Thelostrune,
Reactions: Favna

Job Moody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I play the latest version as an installed CIA and get install the update? Does it still work the same? I can delete the update, but I just want to know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1