Homebrew [Release] ScummVM 3DS

Lordbarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha that was easy thanks! All working - awesome.
Anyway you can make it run on one screen or does it always display on both? I haven't messed with the config yet, but thought I'd ask. Cheers :D

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I changed the Select key. Instead of exiting the game it opens up a menu of 3DS-specific options:

FCySiIw.png

It's not uploaded yet.

The c-pad and snapping to edges works great. All I have left now is to test and fix the screen options (the cursor scaling is off and the positioning is based on touchscreen which is messed up for the top-only configuration). Might add another option for screen scaling/stretching.

I fixed sleeping/suspending so that it's more smooth and doesn't open the pause menu. I'll probably be done later tonight to upload it.

Then next thing to implement is a keymapper. :)

Last edited by TheCruel,

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Yes! This release will be fantastic! Looking forward to play through the Monkey Island games, Simon the sorcerer, the Dig, Day of the tentacle etc. :)

infernogott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Toonstruck did not start. Simon the sorcerer 1 is running but very slow.

Playing on old 3ds.

Otherwise very nice! Was waiting for this :) MI1+2 are running nicely!

Last edited by infernogott,

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is anyone able to play through COMI?

At the beginning of Part III (Disk2) the game becomes unplayable slow. If i skip to the pirate song, speed kicks up again but still quite unresponsive.
After the pirates have sung their first couplet the game seems to be waiting for my next input but no dialog shows up. The pirates keep on dancing just as they would when no input is given. Can't seem to make any progress from here.

Using the v0.2 .CIA on a N3DS with A9LH.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Toonstruck did not start. Simon the sorcerer 1 is running but very slow.

Playing on old 3ds.

Otherwise very nice! Was waiting for this :) MI1+2 are running nicely!

I managed to get Toonstruck working, you need to download the toon.dat file directly from the ScummVM website, and place it in the directory that has the Toonstruck game files. I found videos to be slow/laggy, but speed in-game worked fine.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, released 0.3: https://github.com/Cruel/scummvm/releases/tag/3ds/0.3

If you're updating from older version, you just need to copy/install the 3dsx/CIA, the bundled files have not changed.

Added:
- C-pad can control the cursor
- Options dialog when you press SELECT
- Option to turn off one of the screens
- Option to stretch game to fit screen(s)
- Snapping to edges for touchscreen

Fixed:
- Sleeping/resuming is now smoother and won't open the main menu

Note:
There are some occasions (using CIA usually) where an error is encountered and it closes ScummVM and puts you back into the home menu suddenly. If you disabled one of the screen in the config, then it won't properly be turned back on in this case. This can usually be resolved by simply closing/opening the 3ds to get it to sleep and reset the screens.

I managed to get Toonstruck working, you need to download the toon.dat file directly from the ScummVM website, and place it in the directory that has the Toonstruck game files. I found videos to be slow/laggy, but speed in-game worked fine.
Yeah, there are several games actually that need some dat files. I have not properly bundled everything in these release. I'm in the process of getting this port merged so that it can be integrated into ScummVM's official builds with all proper files bundled on their website.

Last edited by TheCruel,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ya, and the new menu doesn't have complete translations. So until it's complete, non-English users will notice English mixed in the menu with their system language.

And anyone who previously had problems with the touchscreen not reaching the edge of the screen, if you could test it now with the snapping to the edge, let me know if it works now.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it just me or on O3DS after using the Analog stick it tend sto "Drift" Alot
I assume you mean that it moves when you're not touching it? I probably need to add an adjustable deadzone value in options along with the sensitivity. Analog sticks always have that problem especially if the stick is well worn. It works fine for me on o3ds. You'll just have to put up with it until I add the deadzone adjustment in config.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1