[RELEASE] Shockolate (System Shock) PS Vita port

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Northfear -
I GOT it after million trys to work ! Finally FIX the problem for Left analog stick (Movement) + Right analog stick (Aiming/Cursor) do not work on PSTV after select 'new game'.

NEW TEST - Full FIX for PSTV with PS3 or PS4 Controller =

- start a new game
- now you enter a name, after that the left and right analog stick stop working (!)
- use the touch pointer and start a new game
(Touch Pointer - press and hold the PS button on Vita main menu and activate Touch Pointer with L3 or R3)
- close touch pointer
- when the game start, press SELECT
- now use touch pointer again and go on Save Game and save your game and wait
- close the game
- start the game again and load your save file
- Left analog stick (Movement) + Right analog stick (Aiming/Cursor), press DOWN on D-Pad to switch between Aiming/Cursor

RESULT = FULL WORKING / problem closed

Northfear put this on your setup information site on github.
And MILLION THANKS, finally System Shock is working on PSTV. LOVE YOU YEAH

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Final Test :

This port is complete playable from start to end on PSTV !

Final Test :

- PSTV 3.65 + 32GB Sony Memory Card (8GB free) + PS3 Controller = Working, need Touch Pointer for FIX
- Data Source = GOG Classic Edition / compile myself = YES
- Port Version = Shockolate v.0.8.2-vita.1 from 'Northfear'
- First test on easy difficulty from start to end (~2hour) = WORKING !
- Video Detail MAX / Resolution 640x400 = framerate and performance are good
- Multilanguage = German Working (warning read problems) / France (?) not tested
- Videos = Working (intro and ending video) / Music and Sound = Working / Credits = Working
- inactive test = Working (~4 hour)

Problems :

- every time when the Keyboard will show up on new game or save file, the PS3 or PS4 controller do not work anymore.
just simple FIX with Touch Pointer and restart the game. same problem has Shadow Warrior Port on PSTV where the Analog sticks do not react anymore after save file Keyboard.
- the Intro Video only works at start, so long not a new game was start. otherwise use the Play Intro option and wait some seconds. so all fine.
- I have found 3 wall switches that crash the game every time ! this is a problem from the Shockolate source, not a mistake from Northfear. one of them is directly in the beginning near the secret room.
- the elevator from 6 to 7 has a bug where the game freeze ! I had FIX it with NOT fullscreen mode and setup the german language back to english. after that it was working. highly possible a Shockolate source problem, not a mistake from Northfear.
- its highly possible that German language maybe more often crash the game, so stay on English language. german not fully tested and france not tested.
- enter names for save files are not correct show up, no big deal I am fine with it.
- the time in the end result screen is also not correct and was show up 400000 hours, no big deal, but not good for speedrun.
- since there is a keyboard bug on the PSTV, there are some speedrun wall glitches that maybe do not work, because it need save and load and this very fast. I do not think this will work. the current speedrun record is under 4 minutes long, but with wall glitches. I think we can get on the Vita without wall glitches maybe ~15 minutes speedrun possible.

Extra :

GOG Enhanced version = not tested, NFO say only classic version was tested so far

Result :

Its mostly polish working on easy difficulty, with some small mistakes here and there.
The final test is hardest difficulty and or any% speedrun (~15 minutes), not tested so far.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is sort of off subject, but at the same time, sort of on subject. But dear god, the System Shock remake is so good! I thought that remake was going to become vaporware, because of feature creep, but NOPE!

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got it speedrun 10 minutes ! Its very easy to do.

Test Speedrun any% on easy difficulty = Working
Single Segment (no save) ~10 minutes from start to end / no crash

Note : was try again german language and fullscreen mode, this time there was no freeze bug on elevator 6 to 7 !

Speedrun tactic easy difficulty =
- just find and pick up on elevator 1 the booster mode
- run up to the last elevator 9
- elevator 8, you can try jump over bridge, otherwise activate the switch for the bridge
- on elevator 9, activate 3 switches to open the final door for the boss fight
- last fight, find the red line and kill the boss
(no luck with the wall glitch save and load on level 9, thats why the 3 switches, would save 2 minutes more)
*this tactic do NOT work on any higher difficulty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...