Homebrew [Release] TemperPCE for 3DS

D

Deleted User

I think most of the games that has an error screen after the BIOS has that problem.

Also, I was wondering for some of those games that lock up... does using the original core resolve the problem?

Thank you for the effort! :D
Some off those error Messages got resolved with the Super CD-Rom2 System 3.00.:)
Fire Pro Jyoshi - Shoumu Choujyo Taisen - Zeno vs JWP has another Error Message in japanese with a PC Engine PRO Card. Do you know if I need another BIOS?

senkunmusashi

@!#?@!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
@bubble2k16 This emulator runs buttery smooth with rondo of blood and other pce games on my 2ds. Thanks man
Can't say it enough, thanks @bubble2k16 for a new lease of life on my old 2/3ds having a blast discovering and rediscovering so many games hardly have time just juggling between all your 4 emulator ports!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For now, I'm just thinking about leaving the Old 3DS behind and maybe try something for the New 3DS.

I know you're busy buuuiuuuuut would it ever be possible if you could somehow, miraculously, resuscitate this little port for the Neogeo Pocket that had held such promise...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-neopop-3ds-neo-geo-pocket-color-emulator.407549/

Gals Fighters on the ngpc was such a blast!

Reactions: MKKhanzo
D

Deleted User

About Bios:

syscard1.pce (version 1),
syscard2.pce (version 2),
syscard3.pce (version 3),
syscard3.pce (arcade card),
games_express.pce (for Games Express).

version 1 - 2 and 3 is same Bios? or I need dowmload bios from usa and japanese region and rename to syscard1.pce (version 1),syscard1.pce (version 2)...
Version 3 is more modern than 1 and 2.

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
About Bios:

syscard1.pce (version 1),
syscard2.pce (version 2),
syscard3.pce (version 3),
syscard3.pce (arcade card),
games_express.pce (for Games Express).

version 1 - 2 and 3 is same Bios? or I need dowmload bios from usa and japanese region and rename to syscard1.pce (version 1),syscard1.pce (version 2)...

I usually just use version 3 for most CD games. Some other games will require Arcade Card or Game Express to boot properly.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a small technical problem with the way this emulator reads the CD BIOS. Currently, you need both the Japanese and the American BIOS cards to be able to play both Japanese and American Super CDs. The problem is, both of these have to be named syscard3.pce, and be placed in the same folder. This is impossible, as the file system will demand that the two files have different names.

Edit: Nevermind, I was being stupid. Initially this post was a reaction to seeing Star Parodia and Sapphire not loading properly. I had thought it was the issue I mentioned above, but actually you just need to switch the BIOS from System Card 3 to Arcade Card. In fact, you should do that if you get an in-game error on bootup from either Star Parodia or Sapphire. The error screen in Sapphire will have a green background and have one of the characters in a bikini posing. Star Parodia will also show an in-game error after etting past the Super CD Rom screen.

To clarify, syscard3.pce is both the Japanese and American Arcade cards. You just have to activate the Arcade card by switching the BIOS in the emulator.

Last edited by Wolvenreign,
Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but this issue is separate, so I feel that it's justified. Mods, feel free to tell me if this is a bad reason to double post and I'll edit my last one instead.

For some reason, the only games that show up under the emulator are the Turbo CD games. None of the HuCard .pce roms show up at all.

Edit: Once again, a silly flub on my part. You have to extract them from their .zip files, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh. I guess this one caught me off guard because I'd been using an emulator that played from .zip.

Anyway, I hope you guys get Lords of Thunder working soon. That one seems like it won't load. It says "Hmm....unable to load ROM."

Edit: Geez, how many mistakes can I make in a single day? If you guys come across the error I did, make sure that you get a new rip of Lords of Thunder and make sure all of the files are there, not just the .cue.

Last edited by Wolvenreign,
Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nice emulator for 3ds, the .pce games run and work fine, but how can Turbo CD games work?
im trying to get Castlevania Rondo of Blood working, but only the .cue file shows up in the ROM section of the emulator?
the .iso file is there, but doesn't appear in the rom section?

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice emulator for 3ds, the .pce games run and work fine, but how can Turbo CD games work?
im trying to get Castlevania Rondo of Blood working, but only the .cue file shows up in the ROM section of the emulator?
the .iso file is there, but doesn't appear in the rom section?
Choose the .cue file, it should run then.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure SuperGrafx games was working on my last version ? since i've updated SuperGrafx games no longer working :(

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Can you also provide a very small release to add 6 buttons support?:)

Will have a look at it when I get the time. I'm pretty stuck with work again. :)

I'm pretty sure SuperGrafx games was working on my last version ? since i've updated SuperGrafx games no longer working :(

My SGX games are still working. Gentle reminder that the SGX games must have "(SGX)" in its filename.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Will have a look at it when I get the time. I'm pretty stuck with work again. :)

My SGX games are still working. Gentle reminder that the SGX games must have "(SGX)" in its filename.

Okay I will check, was it the same before with needing SGX in the file name ? I cant remember all I know is last time I tried SGX games they were working and updated yesterday and not working anymore. Thanks though great emu ;)

My bad I think I updated from FBI an older version, It's come to my attention that git hup no longer is supporting fbi and luma updater so I actually have temper 0.91v, I will update manually and get back to you thanks again.

Yep my BAD its all working as expected sorry for the trouble ;) and thanks again

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Choose the .cue file, it should run then.

thanx for the tip, Palom! the.cue file of Rondo of blood wouldn't load for me because the .iso file was not named correctly in the track 01 of the cue file.
after correctly editing the name of the .siso file in track01 of the .cue file using textedit (Mac) I got the .cue file to load up properly :)

game works as normal now :)

also, if you load rondo of blood with CD-bios 1 / 2 instead of cd-bios 3 or games express bios (3),
you get the game "Rondo of blood: PEKE"

a joke stage i assume, "stage 0" ahhaha, but it's funny regardless!

Parallax2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone managed to get the 100% translated version (v1.01) of Rondo of Blood working with the emulator in any shape or form?

Eleven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i'm trying to use temperPCE and it won't load a .cue ROM? is that the right file type?

It is Ys Book 1 and 2 if that helps.

I've already tried changing "BIN" to "bin" and "ISO" to "iso" and nothing.

UPDATE: SOLVED!
I figured it out. Sorry guys I'm a total noob. But for any future noobs reading this, I inserted the bios and the game loads now.

When he said:
" If you have the CD ROM BIOS, place them in the /3ds/temperpce_3ds/syscards folder. "

I thought the "If" part meant that this was an optional step, but this step is required to play games! You have to create temperpce_3ds/syscards folders and place the bios in the syscards folder.

Last edited by Eleven,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids