[Release] The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 2 English Patch

frontonly.jpg

The latest patch for The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1+2) is out! You can grab it at the Github link below.

ENG 2.1.0

Download: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/releases
Typos and errors can be reported here: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/issues

Notes:

• This includes many fixes for Episode 1
  • Manual incomplete (but notes for Episode 2 added)
  • Home menu banner untranslated (cannot be translated with a game update)
  • Uses the (mostly) same patcher from the demo
  • Since the question pops up a lot: there are five Episodes in total and a sequel of the same length we will also translate.
Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Demo or full copy of Dual Destinies
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban
  • Patch

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

andPS2018

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello,
thanks again for the great work with the translation so far!
can anyone post a save after end of episode 2 so i'm ready for when the next episode will come out?
had trouble with my sd card and lost my saves
thanks in advance!

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello,
thanks again for the great work with the translation so far!
can anyone post a save after end of episode 2 so i'm ready for when the next episode will come out?
had trouble with my sd card and lost my saves
thanks in advance!
We'll add one to our next release (hope I don't forget ;))

This is now, and has been, the most anticipated ongoing fan-translation bar none. Everyone's watching ;D tytyty
It is? :blush:

Blobbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can’t express how thankful I am for this fan-translation existing. Thank you so much for your hard work. Enjoying case 2 immensely at the moment (although I’m stuck right now, it’s probably more due to my stupidity than anything else...)
What is the proof that suggests the door was locked from outside? I’m guessing something pushed against it...? Or... wow, how am I not getting this, it’s obviously meant to be something super simple... :rofl:

Okay never mind, I got it now (and WOW, that made me enjoy the case even more). Really appreciate the sneak peak of case 3 too - the hype is real.

Last edited by Blobbio,
Reactions: Uwabami

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please excuse my newbish questions, I'm not super in tune with the 3DS scene.

I just found out that this exists and now I need to buy the game. All else being equal, I'd prefer to buy a digital copy, but I could also order the gamecard. However, I have a NA 3DS.

The OP states that this patch works with an eShop copy. Does that mean specifically for people with JP 3DS's, or is there a way to make purchases from out-of-region eShops now?

Thanks!

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please excuse my newbish questions, I'm not super in tune with the 3DS scene.

I just found out that this exists and now I need to buy the game. All else being equal, I'd prefer to buy a digital copy, but I could also order the gamecard. However, I have a NA 3DS.

The OP states that this patch works with an eShop copy. Does that mean specifically for people with JP 3DS's, or is there a way to make purchases from out-of-region eShops now?

Thanks!
No worries, ask as many questions as you need, that's what we're here for :)

It's possible but not recommended to get the Japanese eShop to work on non-Japanese Original 3DS. It does not work on any newer 3DS model. The steps involved are not for the faint of heart, so I really can't in good conscience recommend this method.

Your best bet is to buy the game card, there's offers on eBay usually, but people have also ordered it from play asia and amazon.co.jp - if you can wait a little there may be a different option soon with Episode 3.

Reactions: wakabayashy

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries, ask as many questions as you need, that's what we're here for :)

It's possible but not recommended to get the Japanese eShop to work on non-Japanese Original 3DS. It does not work on any newer 3DS model. The steps involved are not for the faint of heart, so I really can't in good conscience recommend this method.

Your best bet is to buy the game card, there's offers on eBay usually, but people have also ordered it from play asia and amazon.co.jp - if you can wait a little there may be a different option soon with Episode 3.

Thanks, went ahead and just ordered the Gamecard from Amazon! I have an account with Tenso that I've used many times, so easy enough to do. :)

Blazemaster15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to say how big of a fab i am of ur groups translation on this game its like a official job so thanks guys. ( i fanboyed out at episode two by the way lol)

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the team keeping the discrimination dialogue towards Japanese people in the game still. Or are they rewriting the script to be less offensive when it comes to that?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is the team keeping the discrimination dialogue towards Japanese people in the game still. Or are they rewriting the script to be less offensive when it comes to that?

As stated before, we will neither hide nor diminish the racism in any way. It's realistic for it to exist at the time DGS is set in and hiding or diminishing the impact of racism is not helping anyone - I would argue that the contrary is the case. Furthermore, we are not rewriteing the script in any way - we do rephrase things of course so they flow well in English or replace some sayings or phrases to an English equivalent if necessary - but we are working hard to preserve the "spirit" of the original as much as we can.

Argedco

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't express enough how great this is- Truly, thank you for taking the time to do this. I played the first episode months ago, and was only able to play episode two recently. Having had to replay the first episode, its as great as I remember it being.

I was curious about something, however. On the main thread, you state that there's a possibility of a dub. Well in short, I was curious — assuming that you eventually do it, and that it is possible to do at all — as to whether the short "Objection!", "Hold it!", etc lines would be kept in Japanese for the first case? It simply feels as if it would be more immersive, and it would make a ton of sense, given that they're all actually speaking in Japanese at the time, unlike in England, where, obviously, they would have to speak English. (Really, a little nitpicky, but it would be nice.)

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't express enough how great this is- Truly, thank you for taking the time to do this. I played the first episode months ago, and was only able to play episode two recently. Having had to replay the first episode, its as great as I remember it being.

I was curious about something, however. On the main thread, you state that there's a possibility of a dub. Well in short, I was curious — assuming that you eventually do it, and that it is possible to do at all — as to whether the short "Objection!", "Hold it!", etc lines would be kept in Japanese for the first case? It simply feels as if it would be more immersive, and it would make a ton of sense, given that they're all actually speaking in Japanese at the time, unlike in England, where, obviously, they would have to speak English. (Really, a little nitpicky, but it would be nice.)
We've thought about that and it's certainly possible for characters that only appear in Episode 1. The issue is that the shouts for Naruhodou are the same for every Episode.

Argedco

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We've thought about that and it's certainly possible for characters that only appear in Episode 1. The issue is that the shouts for Naruhodou are the same for every Episode.

Ah, well, I figured it was easier said than done. I just thought it'd be a super neat detail to have, assuming it was within the realm of possibility. Either way, keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to future episodes!

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
It's too bad you can't play the game with an NA 3DS and no actual JP gamecard. Even if I find an CIA from such sources, it will still crash..

Well, here's hoping to wait for the 3rd Episode with an options for players who want to play this game! Great works as usual guys.

On a second thought, I made it worked.. woot

++ I must say the 1st case is tooo looong.. 6 hours and counting.. zzz

Last edited by Rayster, , Reason: Update

Damage42X

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Honestly you guys are killing me here. I'm aching to play the episodes so badly, but I gotta wait till the whole thing's done.

You're one of the reasons people should have faith in humanity. Thank you so much for your hard work and I can't wait till it's ready!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0