Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that is a little bit different than what was described and what happens with Tiramisu. Genuinely have no idea what's going on with your Wii U, never seen anything like that.
Does your wii u have a message pop up about having unplugged the usb drive at boot up if you enable quick menu? It does to me, and only if quick menu is enabled

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your wii u have a message pop up about having unplugged the usb drive at boot up if you enable quick menu? It does to me, and only if quick menu is enabled
No. Though, again at this time, the quick menu isn't fully functioning, it only pops up to say it's not ready yet, and to hit OK to go to the Wii U menu. Buy my USB drive doesn't yield any issues, and all games on it load up without issue.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Though, again at this time, the quick menu isn't fully functioning, it only pops up to say it's not ready yet, and to hit OK to go to the Wii U menu. Buy my USB drive doesn't yield any issues, and all games on it load up without issue.
What are your settings in power saving?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are your settings in power saving?
Auto-Power Down: Disabled
Standby Functions: Enabled
Quick Start Menu: Enabled
Wii U GamePad Alerts: Received
Automatic Display of Alerts: Enabled
TimeFrame for Alert Display: 9am-9pm
Alert Notifications via HOME Button LED: Enabled

Also, the hard drive is connected with a Y-Cable.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Quickboot menu now loads up properly for me, and when I return to the Wii U menu, I still don't get a message about having unplugged the USB drive.

Have you had that issue after exiting the settings menu? Because that is what is happening to me.
Nah, going to the settings and then the home menu yields no issue for me either.

However, now that I think about my ridiculous setup, I might know the reason. If you've ever read about my 3D print for my Wii U and all it's accessories here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-wii...-and-its-accessories-neatly-organized.575836/ you'd learn that the way my hard drive is connected to my Wii U is indeed with a Y cable, but while one port connects directly to the Wii U, the other actually connects to a USB splitter in the back of my Wii U. And it occurs to me that the USB splitter does receive it's own power with a cord of it's own. I forgot about it as it's not needed but I plugged it in anyway. I bet that extra power is making all the difference.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Based on my own testing, whenever the loader is unable to find the necessary files on the sd, a message should appear on the gamepad screen before proceeding with the autoboot. if everything is set up correctly you shouldn't see that message.

Only file I removed was the HBL installer, since I have my own HBL installed over a DS game with Haxchi.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, did it made any difference for you after deleting HBL rpx from the modules folder? (If you did that)
no, I'm not sure if it has to do with the wii u drive using a y cable and the vwii drive being self-powered. I powered on the vwii drive to test what would happen, and somehow both drives were detected, when the vwii drive is using ustealth. this is only with quick menu enabled. if it's disabled, no errors or issues with anything other than those games that didn't work without hbl being deleted.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, I'm not sure if it has to do with the wii u drive using a y cable and the vwii drive being self-powered. I powered on the vwii drive to test what would happen, and somehow both drives were detected, when the vwii drive is using ustealth. this is only with quick menu enabled. if it's disabled, no errors or issues with anything other than those games that didn't work without hbl being deleted.
Well something definitely is happening with USB drives. Messing around with quickstart, I'm finding that games on my NAND will quickboot, while quickboot launching games on my USB only brings me back to the Wii U menu. I'm moving a games from the USB drive to the NAND to make sure, this is consistent. Even though I'm not registering as unplugged with the quickstart menu like yours seems to, it is still briefly disconnecting or something with quickstart enabled, hence you getting that error, and me not being able to actually quickstart into USB games.

Reactions: godreborn

brunorosafox

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Eu fiz um procedimento de instalar o tiramisu, e deu tudo certo, ai fui seguir um outro tutorial, aonde trocava uns arquivos via FIlezilla, após isso, o console liga passa da tela de wii U, e fica tudo preto com a musica tocando, apos isso so da pra desliga o console tirando da tomada

preciso de ajuda 😭😭😭

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, previously, when I quickstart launched Mario Kart 8 from my USB, it would only bring me to my Wii U menu. I've now moved Mario Kart 8 to the NAND. And upon quickstart launching it now, it does indeed launch.

It would appear that quickstart in Tiramisu wont be able launch games on your USB drive. But NAND games are not a problem.

I can cope with that, I'll just make sure to put only my favorite games on my NAND. I had been putting all my games on the USB drive anyways, so I have the space to spare.

Reactions: trogdon

trogdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, previously, when I quickstart launched Mario Kart 8 from my USB, it would only bring me to my Wii U menu. I've now moved Mario Kart 8 to the NAND. And upon quickstart launching it now, it does indeed launch.

It would appear that quickstart in Tiramisu wont be able launch games on your USB drive. But NAND games are not a problem.

I can cope with that, I'll just make sure to put only my favorite games on my NAND. I had been putting all my games on the USB drive anyways, so I have the space to spare.

Thank you for doing the testing and confirmation on this! Definitely a bummer to read though, I tend to bounce around so moving stuff to NAND is probably more headache than it would be worth to me. Definitely sticking to CBHC for now after reading this

Reactions: Alexander1970

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Eu fiz um procedimento de instalar o tiramisu, e deu tudo certo, ai fui seguir um outro tutorial, aonde trocava uns arquivos via FIlezilla, após isso, o console liga passa da tela de wii U, e fica tudo preto com a musica tocando, apos isso so da pra desliga o console tirando da tomada

preciso de ajuda 😭😭😭
English pls.

Which tutorial did you follow?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know bout sets, I downloaded all the roms for mine separately.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?