Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense but I think this is a horrible system, mostly because the Wii U has a Limit of 300 maximum titles on the home screen.

I mean you can test it out, and if it doesn't convince you just go back to whatever you were previously using. Personally I find it very convenient and much faster, as it stands right now I can get everything I had with CBHC and some extra stuff.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I mean you can test it out, and if it doesn't convince you just go back to whatever you were previously using. Personally I find it very convenient and much faster, as it stands right now I can get everything I had with CBHC and some extra stuff.
I mean it'll probably work great at first, until people start getting more homebrew and games.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The homebrew on Wii U menu thing will be optional, don't worry.
Problem is, Maschell says the Homebrew Loader won't be supported at all in Aroma. So while we'll be able to optionally see our homebrew on the Wii U menu or not, if we opt to not, will we still have any way to easily access our homebrew?

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Problem is, Maschell says the Homebrew Loader won't be supported at all in Aroma. So while we'll be able to optionally see our homebrew on the Wii U menu or not, if we opt to not, will we still have any way to easily access our homebrew?
If Aroma is open source I assume someone will come up with something (Maschell will probably hate it but does he just expect us to sit on our asses and hope he'll come up with a fix?)

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No offense but I think this is a horrible system, mostly because the Wii U has a Limit of 300 maximum titles on the home screen.
People: WE WANT SUPPORT FOR OUR CUSTOM CHANNELS!!!!
Also people: Launching homebrew from the Wii U Menu is stupid.

Like what?!?!?

If Aroma is open source I assume someone will come up with something (Maschell will probably hate it but does he just expect us to sit on our asses and hope he'll come up with a fix?)
I don't know what your freaking problem is, why are you so angry? Did you even read my messages?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if we opt to not, will we still have any way to easily access our homebrew?
I have an idea for an Aroma compatible HBL for myself (using https://github.com/wiiu-env/MochaPayload/blob/master/source/ios_mcp/source/mcp_loadfile.c#L230-L232 to load the .rpx and .wuhb homebrews with the help of health & safety, like done here: https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/blob/master/src/jailbreak.c#L60-L70 and https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/blob/master/src/main.c#L298-L309 ). Not sure how good this will work out, we'll see after Aroma release, but I'm sure other devs will have other ideas, too.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
because the Wii U has a Limit of 300 maximum titles on the home screen.
That's a thing what i don't get. Really...

The people cry because the wii u has a title limit of 300. Who the fuck uses all these slots? Call me one person on this earth who does that. No one who has a job has so much time to play all the games which the wii u has. NO ONE! A title limit is dumb yes (it's the same like that you can only have 100 friends on the wii u fyi), but no uses all these 300 slots. Holy cow, get a life bro. Swallow a pill or do whatever you want.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Because people don't want it to be the only way possible to launch Homebrew. It's nice for apps like Retroarch or Homebrew Games, but no one wants all their apps, including the ones rarely used all on the home screen.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Like what?!?!?
I have like 30 homebrew apps, but only want channels for like 3 of them. I'm not mad that you're doing what you're doing, I totally get it. But I can certainly understand the perspective of only wanting choice homebrew on the menu and the rest stored away in a separate loader.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we need to wait to see how they're presented before passing judgment. I have 5 homebrew channels installed, and those are mostly the only ones I use personally, so I'm looking forward to what the devs have in mind. :)

Reactions: AQS and ber71

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have like 30 homebrew apps, but only want channels for like 3 of them.
That brought me to a new idea: Not replacing homebrew on menu but... The HBL looking for apps at "sd:/wiiu/hbl/". So apps which should appear on home menu (like the HBL itself) go to "sd:/wiiu/apps/" and apps that should appear in HBL to "sd:/wiiu/hbl/". Choice for everyone and still no channels needed. :)

BTW: What I forgot to say at my last post: The codes are an example to show that there will always be ways to implement a HBL, simply because whatever CFW needs to be able to load homebrews and a HBL could use these functions, too. What Maschell wanted to say is probably that the old/legacy way the HBLs use right now to load the homebrews won't work anymore, just like .elf homebrews won't work anymore. He won't stop anyone from using new ways through.

Last edited by V10lator,

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think 300 titles is more than enough in a lifetime
how many homebrew apps would you use? I guess not more than 10. Still complains for 290 spots. Even if you occupy them all, i bet you won't play more than 20 titles in a year.

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have an idea for an Aroma compatible HBL for myself (using https://github.com/wiiu-env/MochaPayload/blob/master/source/ios_mcp/source/mcp_loadfile.c#L230-L232 to load the .rpx and .wuhb homebrews with the help of health & safety, like done here: https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/blob/master/src/jailbreak.c#L60-L70 and https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/blob/master/src/main.c#L298-L309 ). Not sure how good this will work out, we'll see after Aroma release, but I'm sure other devs will have other ideas, too.
Well, you can just use librpxloader ;)
OSDynLoad_Module module;
OSDynLoad_Error dyn_res = OSDynLoad_Acquire("homebrew_rpx_loader", &module);
if (dyn_res != OS_DYNLOAD_OK) {
OSFatal("Missing RPXLoader module");
}

bool (*RL_LoadFromSDOnNextLaunch)(const std::string &path);
dyn_res = OSDynLoad_FindExport(module, false, "RL_LoadFromSDOnNextLaunch", reinterpret_cast<void **>(&RL_LoadFromSDOnNextLaunch));

if(dyn_res != OS_DYNLOAD_OK){
OSFatal("Failed to find export RL_LoadFromSDOnNextLaunch");
}

if(RL_LoadFromSDOnNextLaunch("fs:/vol/external01/test.wuhb")) {
uint64_t titleID = _SYSGetSystemApplicationTitleId(8);
_SYSLaunchTitleWithStdArgsInNoSplash(titleID, 0);
}

BTW: What I forgot to say at my last post: The codes are an example to show that there will always be ways to implement a HBL, simply because whatever CFW needs to be able to load homebrews and a HBL could use these functions,too. What Maschell wanted to say is probably that the old/legacy way the HBLs use right now to load the homebrews won't work anymore, just like .elf homebrews won't work anymore. He won't stop anyone from using new ways through.
Thanks.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think we need to wait to see how they're presented before passing judgment. I have 5 homebrew channels installed, and those are mostly the only ones I use personally, so I'm looking forward to what the devs have in mind. :)

Best comment today.
Let's allow Maschell et al. finish Aroma before any criticism. When it's out, we'll judge. Most probably, Aroma will be a masterpiece with few to none post-adjustments needed.

BTW, question for Maschell. Is Tiramisu of any value for Aroma? I mean, will Tiramisu help to squeeze shared bugs and further iron it? Or will go to trash with little reuse.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best comment today.
Let's allow Maschell et al. finish Aroma before any criticism. When it's out, we'll judge. Most probably, Aroma will be a masterpiece with few to none post-adjustments needed.

BTW, question for Maschell. Is Tiramisu of any value for Aroma? I mean, will Tiramisu help to squeeze shared bugs and further iron it? Or will go to trash with little reuse.
It seems clear to me that even if there are no further updates for Tiramisu, that it can continue to have an appeal if some of the things Aroma breaks never see alternatives implemented. Pretty much Tiramisu can exist for the people clinging to CBHC, afraid that something they have working just the way they want wont be achievable in Aroma.

To those afraid to change from CBHC to Tiramisu, I gotta say, I've been fiddling with it, and I can only think of one thing that Tiramisu can't quite do that CBHC can (at least at this time): how custom CBHC setups could allow for specific homebrew apps to boot at launch by holding specific buttons when you turn on the Wii U. However, Tiramisu brings back the quickstart menu (which CBHC notably can't utilize), and if you make channels for your favorite homebrew apps, you can still quick launch into them from a boot, this time with a simple touch on the screen instead of a hold of a button. So I'd still say Tiramisu comes out on top overall, definitely seems to load up a little quicker too.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It seems clear to me that even if there are no further updates for Tiramisu, that it can continue to have an appeal if some of the things Aroma breaks never see alternatives implemented. Pretty much Tiramisu can exist for the people clinging to CBHC, afraid that something they have working just the way they want wont be achievable in Aroma.

To those afraid to change from CBHC to Tiramisu, I gotta say, I've been fiddling with it, and I can only think of one thing that Tiramisu can't quite do that CBH can (at least at this time): how custom CBHC setups could allow for specific homebrew apps to boot at launch by holding specific buttons when you turn on the Wii U. However, Tiramisu brings back the quickstart menu (which CBHC notably can't utilize), and if you make channels for your favorite homebrew apps, you can still quick launch into them from a boot, this time with a simple touch on the screen instead of a hold of a button. So I'd still say Tiramisu comes out on top overall, definitely seems to load up a little quicker too.
On top of that Tiramisu is very stable since the health and safety will always have a valid signature for the entire Wii U's Lifetime. The same cannot be said for CBHC.

Reactions: ArgoRV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...