Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I moved from Haxchi to Tiramisu. My review from an End User point of view.
Pros:
- Safer than the other coldboot alternative CBHC
- faster load (about 30s faster)
- Much more stability with some homebrew apps that used to freeze my system like loadiine gx2 << yes I still use loadiine >>
Cons:
- Even though i tried several ways, i can't use Haxchi as a forwarder for .elf apps.
- Issues with some WUPS not working properly
- When you are in some system apps (like config tools), loading back the WiiU menu takes a few seconds more

Issues so far:
- Spiik disable the MiiMaker to enter the HBL

Depending on what HBL apps you use, is your decision to move to Tiramisu, wait for Aroma, or just stay this way you like
Thanks.
Do you mean it's 30s faster to boot into Wii U main menu? That's very good

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I installed an app through wup installer it got a hang on mii maker after the successful install. Also will there be redNAND support? When I loaded mocha up to go to the normal redNAND it no longer boots into redNAND. @Maschell

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks.
Do you mean it's 30s faster to boot into Wii U main menu? That's very good
I compared times:
Before:
Loading DS Game from quick menu (to load Haxchi CFW) > Loading Homebrew Launcher + Padcon > Loading Zelda BOTW === all that takes about 1min 15s
Now:
Loading MiiMaker from Quick menu (to load Homebrew Launcher) > Padcon > Load Zelda BOTW === 40s

I am trying to find a way to make a forwarder for Padcon (via Haxchi > config file > config > default set to padcon.elf), but every attempt i have tried freeze my system << even when many users have confirmed it can be done >> I guess once it is achieved it saves a little few seconds loading

If you don't use any HBL Apps, loading time is about 30s

Reactions: depaul

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rednand is erroneous implemented and bricks relatively fast. You shouldn't use it.
I know the bad stigma with redNAND, but I personally have never had any issues with it. I don’t use it unless I am messing with system files or things that may brick the sysNAND as a safety net and it works very well for that case.

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, i'm still planning to set up Tiramisu this WE.
Now the next question is : in the whole mess my WiiU SD has become, what to keep, what to wip ?
Format the whole and start from scratch ?

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't boot? I didn't test a game, but my loadiine gx2 forwarder works. however, I got a black screen when I tried pressing home to get out of it.
Mine loads but I am getting repeated blue screens that never end. I’ve had this happen before but I removed hid to vpad and it fixed the issue. Only thing I could think of is the environment bloopair setup but I kinda doubt that’s the issue.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something is indeed wrong with it. I have bloopair as well, haven't tested it without it. I only tested it when you said it didn't work or didn't work correctly.

HotSnack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I can't use nanddumper on Tiramisu... everytime i press A the nanddumper just take me back to the Wii U Menu...
Any fix on this?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't use nanddumper on Tiramisu... everytime i press A the nanddumper just take me back to the Wii U Menu...
Any fix on this?
How big is your sd card? If your WiiU is an 8gb model you need a sd card of 16gb or bigger to dump the nand and if your WiiU is a 32gb model you need 64gb sd card.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Tried again and failed again using Haxchi as Forwarder to launch Padcon

Is there a way to start the system without launching the CWF on coldboot?

I want to try using Mocha the old way, and try the forwarder out of tiramisu environment

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so this is odd and probably worth noting:

I have found that GameCube games installed as individual channels in Tiramisu are incredibly finicky. Most of the time, they hang at the loading game screen of Nintendont (whatever you may have that set to), sometimes, very rarely the game will launch without issue, and sometimes, the game will launch, but it will only play the audio and you get no video, it doesn't matter if these games are stored on USB or NAND, it's the same kind of finicky for both types. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is this a known thing? Meanwhile Nintendont as it's own loader channel boots fine without issue for me. When on CBHC, such GC games as channels would boot for me every time. I dunno if this can be addressed or not or if its even a thing for other people, but it's definitely happening for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game