Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, so this is odd and probably worth noting:

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is this a known thing?
I for myself haven't tried my GC collection on Tiramisu yet but I think another user here in this thread told about exactly the same issues you're describing... IIRC this other user didn't receive a reply but might be worth to try the search function of the forum.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for myself haven't tried my GC collection on Tiramisu yet but I think another user here in this thread told about exactly the same issues you're describing... IIRC this other user didn't receive a reply but might be worth to try the search function of the forum.
Yeah I did search and like you said, only saw one other mention with no replies to the question. I'm surprised no one else has noticed it. It took me awhile to notice I suppose because initially I just gave everything a once over and the GameCube title I tried worked on that first try no issue. But now, I've found that any individual GameCube game channel will only properly load up once out of every five boots or so. Nintendont meanwhile loads up as a channel and works perfectly every time. So I don't get it at all.

CESARE09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah I did search and like you said, only saw one other mention with no replies to the question. I'm surprised no one else has noticed it. It took me awhile to notice I suppose because initially I just gave everything a once over and the GameCube title I tried worked on that first try no issue. But now, I've found that any individual GameCube game channel will only properly load up once out of every five boots or so. Nintendont meanwhile loads up as a channel and works perfectly every time. So I don't get it at al

I have the same problem, I have even tried with a modified version of Nintendont and the problem persists, I tested with about 20 at random and the situation is replicated in all of them, I hope they can give you a quick solution, my GC injections worked great with CBHC.

Yo_Mero

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So you are only getting the error when the quick start is enabled and every time your boot up the console?
As I described in my case, I always got this issue since I started using Tiramisu but only when I close the system settings, regardless if the quick start is enabled or not.
Hey, did you manage to fix it? I'm having the exact same problem. Mine does it when I close settings and also when I turn on the console.

HotSnack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How big is your sd card? If your WiiU is an 8gb model you need a sd card of 16gb or bigger to dump the nand and if your WiiU is a 32gb model you need 64gb sd card.
My model is a 8gb one and i have a 32gb card so that isn't the problem for sure...
Try the nanddumper via homebrew channel, with previous methods
Yes i used the nanddumper downloaded via homebrew appstore and didn't work
Are you following the guide and use the payload.elf version of the nand dumper instead of the .elf one?
I recognize there is another nanddumper folder in the payload folder on my sd card, and inside there is a payload.elf file, so i guess you're mentioning that version? i'm going to try it out

Ambidextrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a strange issue with a nintendont forwarder. If I load into it immediately, it still works but it basically turns into a mostly black screen where I can't see anything. However, if I exit nintendont from there and reenter it or if I go to vWii and back or if I activate nintendont from vWii mode itself it works fine. I didn't use to have this problem before I installed tiramisu

Yo_Mero

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No. I still have the issue, wenever I close the system settings I'm forced to restart the console due to this problem.
Would you consider this problem a reason to uninstall tiramisu and return to cbhc? Or should I keep it and just get used to this problem?

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Would you consider this problem a reason to uninstall tiramisu and return to cbhc? Or should I keep it and just get used to this problem?
In my case I'm only having this issue when I close the settings menu, so it's somewhat bearable.
But if you are having this problem whenever you power on your console, unless you find some workaround for your specific situation, in my opinion you should go back to CBHC.

I hope this issue gets addressed at some point.

Reactions: Yo_Mero

MaddaddyDonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't understand why the Haxchi and CBHC install methods are removed from wiiu.hacks.guide with only this Tiramisu setup.
With Hachi I can decide wheter or not to turn on my CFW. Why are these install methods removed, while like Maschell himself says that's this Tiramisu CFW is the "dirty version" of Aroma?
I love my Haxchi setup now, with the hbl and retroarch forwarder. I also tried Tiramisu but the "dirty" start of the console (black line on the gamepad) and the way I need to start HBL and Retroarch is something I don't like with Tiramisu. That's for sure dirty and not neat.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't understand why the Haxchi and CBHC install methods are removed from wiiu.hacks.guide with only this Tiramisu setup.
With Hachi I can decide wheter or not to turn on my CFW. Why are these install methods removed, while like Maschell himself says that's this Tiramisu CFW is the "dirty version" of Aroma?
I love my Haxchi setup now, with the hbl and retroarch forwarder. I also tried Tiramisu but the "dirty" start of the console (black line on the gamepad) and the way I need to start HBL and Retroarch is something I don't like with Tiramisu. That's for sure dirty and not neat.
I also found it weird that they removed the instructions for other CFWs when Tiramisu came out (maybe they didn't wan't to cause confusion?), but anyway, I pretty sure you can find the instructions if go to the GitHub repository where the guide is hosted and go back a few commits.

CESARE09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I also found it weird that they removed the instructions for other CFWs when Tiramisu came out (maybe they didn't wan't to cause confusion?), but anyway, I pretty sure you can find the instructions if go to the GitHub repository where the guide is hosted and go back a few commits.
They haven't removed it, the information is still on the page, now you just have to enter the "previous methods" option, everything is still there.

MaddaddyDonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They haven't removed it, the information is still on the page, now you just have to enter the "previous methods" option, everything is still there.
Thank you for pointing me to the archives. But still I don't get it why this Tiramisu method is then recommended.
Haxchi is neat. You can safely use everthing like it's a "normal Wii U" when not activated.
Now ppl need to choose this not neat CFW, while it's still in development. I thought the Haxchi method is still reliable and worth to be noticed.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for pointing me to the archives. But still I don't get it why this Tiramisu method is then recommended.
Haxchi is neat. You can safely use everthing like it's a "normal Wii U" when not activated.
Now ppl need to choose this not neat CFW, while it's still in development. I thought the Haxchi method is still reliable and worth to be noticed.
You can just skip the "Autobooting Tiramisu" page on the guide and you're no longer Autobooting Tiramisu.
You're also free to install the Homebrew Launcher Channel, if you prefer that.
The environment is fully customizable.

Reactions: Maschell

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe if we could find a way to load haxchi cfw with payloadloader method, it would be the ultimate sollution for now.

I like tiramisu, but not how it wasn't fully tested. And I doubt it will be possible to fix all the problems found, because of its design.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe if we could find a way to load haxchi cfw with payloadloader method, it would be the ultimate sollution for now.

I like tiramisu, but not how it wasn't fully tested. And I doubt it will be possible to fix all the problems found, because of its design.
What are "all the problems found", which can't be fixed?

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Some problems were described:
- screen glitch on boot
- forwarders not working
- black screens/freezes/no video output
- vc injections not working properly
- usb hdd unplugged nag
- some homebrew incompatibility
- miimaker overide (not a problem, but most people don't like it)

I don't know what have been fixed so far, but it seems like a large list of problems.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Soms what about the retroarch forwarder? Why doesn't it work

What about the retroarch forwarder? It doesn't work anymore with Tiramisu.
Update your tiramisu installation, pretty sure this was fixed in a recent build.
- screen glitch on boot
This isn't really a problem. This doesn't affect the functionality of the console in any ways.
After bringing up the idea for a custom boot screen, people wanted to keep the "glitched" screen since it "gives the console a cool gimmick".
Technically this can be fixed though.
- forwarders not working
- black screens/freezes/no video output
- vc injections not working properly
This was fixed a few days after the tiramisu launch.
- usb hdd unplugged nag
Yeah, this is a weird bug which affects a few people.
The alternative would be "wait 10 seconds for a hard drive" like the Wii U menu does.
Which makes the boot times a lot longer and causes the Wii U menu to wait even longer for a hard drive.
- some homebrew incompatibility
The only homebrew which are incompatible are the ones doing an IOSU exploit again. Same issue with haxchi though.
If you run haxchis CFW with any of them they'll break.
Some of them also have alternatives like the nanddumper payload.
- miimaker overide (not a problem, but most people don't like it)
You can install the Homebrew Launcher Channel and delete the "50_hbl_installer.rpx" on your SD.
In my personal experience the HBLC causes more trouble than the Mii Maker override though.
This was mentioned multiple times in this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1