Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
environment loader > installer > check > boot options > payloadloader ??

what do you mean with "still" ? is your wiiu hacked using a DS Game?
< take a good care to uninstall correctly your hack before migrating to Tiramisu >
I just got done setting things up with a different sd card and now it autoboots correctly.

rigbone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Don't think I've seen this error in this thread, but here's what's happening. First off, I was a CBHC user, and set that up years ago, been fine ever since. Tried switching over to Tiramisu, and had no issues uninstalling CBHC. Everything absolutely fine. However, I have this really odd issue, I don't recall ever seeing. I can launch into the browser fine, but whenever I attempt to click into any URL bar or search bar within, the WiiU gives me a 160-0103 error. I can do everything in the world within the browser except click into any URL/text fields or else I'll get the crash. Tried resetting browser data, clearing cookies, anything, creating a new user, I can't proceed, as I can't get to the website to continue. Anyone have any other suggestions? System is at 5.5.5U, see no other issues with anything except for this specific issue. Thanks!!
Thank you for all who helped with this, I was able to finally get Tiramisu installed and WiiU fully functional again.

Not sure if this was something related to uninstalling CBHC, or something that happened long ago that I just never noticed (not having gone back into certain apps again), and became exposed due to having to try using the browser, etc.

@GaryOderNichts - Thanks for the BluuBomb install method (post #887 - sorry, I'm unable to link back). Worked great to get around the issue(s).

@Maschell - Thanks for Tiramisu - Maybe the info in the link above is something that could be added to the installation guide as alternative install point if can't get browser going?

@V10lator - Thanks for NUSspli - As it turns out, had to re-install the following apps (all producing the 160-0103 error).
*SWKBD (Software Keyboard) - To fix my issues with the Browser and trying to tap into any text field.
*Mii Maker
*Parental Controls
*Daily Log
*Friend List

Not sure what happened or when, but got great help from everyone and the apps above, and now looks like everything is working perfectly again. Really appreciate the help.

piclesshow

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, so I recently bricked my REDNand and tried reinstalling it, but it's not working as expected so I'm very excited to give Tiramisu a try. I really like redNand 'cause of all of the "safety" they say it provides. I'm very afraid to brick my console because it costed sooo expensive in my country. So I want to know: is Tiramisu really relatively safe from bricks rn? Is there any major risk of bricking the console or would it only brick if I mess around with the system files on my own, try installing themes and these kind of "audacious" things (I'm not interested in doing this things, just wanna install and play my games, you know). Sorry if this is crap doubt but I currently got not enough time to read the entire thread.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tiramisu really relatively safe from bricks rn?
As long as all you do is following the official guide: Yes.
Is there any major risk of bricking the console or would it only brick if I mess around with the system files on my own, try installing themes and these kind of "audacious" things
Well, we saw two consoles with corrupted system files. One of them was completely stock, the other one had IIRC CBHC running... Other than such Nintendo bugs which could happen any time even on a stock console there's no brick risk as long as you don't temper with NAND (mess around with the system files, installing themes and things like that) through.

BTW: Both consoles could be recovered, see https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tiramisu-environment-free-cbhc.605381/post-9735685 for more details.

Reactions: ArgoRV and Kopimist

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have question about the quickstart support of tiramisu that is mentioned.
To use it, you have to enable "background features" of Wii U, and only if those are enabled, the GamePad Quickstart can be enabled. And generally, how I understood it, you wouldn't want the background features of Wii U to function so you can have updates blocked etc.

So, does Tiramisu somehow persist in the low power mode, blocking updates, making it OK to enable the two features, and if so, what are recommended settings to enable and disable?

mitgenuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
short question... in the guide it says you can press B when starting the console to launch vwii directly... When i press "B" i get to the screen where i can choose between "nandump" and "default". Is that normal? (ive "installed" autoboot tiramisu)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
short question... in the guide it says you can press B when starting the console to launch vwii directly... When i press "B" i get to the screen where i can choose between "nandump" and "default". Is that normal? (ive "installed" autoboot tiramisu)
I think you are supposed to press no button, or different button to get to the boot menu. For me, the current version before setting up autoboot would boot automatically to the needed menu. You press Y to enable autoboot for tiramisu, and then A to boot it (it is now setup as autoboot unless overridden with a button press during boot) - Then Tiramisu will have similar, but different colored menu that you do the same with "Wii U Menu" - kinda like CBCH, where Wii U menu means booting it with CFW.
You have to remove HBL_Installer from tiramisu environment folder on your SD card if you want stuff like HBC channel and other homebrew channels to work like they did with CBHC CFW, if you had any such setup before. Otherwise, you would use Wii Maker to launch Homebrew launcher and WUP installer to install what you need before removing it and rebooting. This is relevant only if you want to have forwarders or channels to retroarch, homebrew channel etc.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

On boot, keep pressed B on the wiimote as soon as you can get it synced (fixed light, no blink).

mitgenuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
On boot, keep pressed B on the wiimote as soon as you can get it synced (fixed light, no blink).
i tried it now 10 times and it aways bootet into wii u menu.

In the guide it says "Tip You can hold the B button on the GamePad when turning on the Wii U to boot directly into vWii."
That brings me to the nandump selection....

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tried it now 10 times and it aways bootet into wii u menu.

In the guide it says "Tip You can hold the B button on the GamePad when turning on the Wii U to boot directly into vWii."
That brings me to the nandump selection....
What guide? This doesn't work with Tiramisu.
On Tiramisu you can hold "START" and select vWii menu.

mitgenuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
What guide? This doesn't work with Tiramisu.
On Tiramisu you can hold "START" and select vWii menu.
the official vwii guide that follows directly to the tiramisu guide.
START doesnt do anything when i hold it...not at sartup... not in wiiu menu.
I'm an idiot. I pressed home instead of Start. Start works perfect.

Last edited by mitgenuss,

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the dev should change the button B behaviour. Hold B is the official Nintendo shortcut for vwii. Maybe change Tiramisu menu to another button.

Reactions: pressplay

mitgenuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
Its not such a big deal... we have the boot menu now thnx of tiramisu and the wii icon is there when you used it recently... but i think the official vwii guide could probably get actualized.. so people dont think they have done something wrong when it doesnt work (like me :-).

Last edited by mitgenuss,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 @BigOnYa,