Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, lots of weird shit can happen with exploits on consoles. I've spent the last ten years helping people with theirs, and I've encountered some myself, but since I do a lot of reading, I've always managed to fix any issues I've encountered.
Its pretty scary when you first start out and have no clue why stuff happens in wouldnt say I'm a complete noob but more knowledgeable than I was I remberer everytime my mocha console crashed I thought I bricked it when I first started out lol

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any work being made on a modular SD caffeine that would be huge to be able to auto boot custom themes and cheats without ftp risk of bricking

Reactions: livid_hen

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any work being made on a modular SD caffeine that would be huge to be able to auto boot custom themes and cheats without ftp risk of bricking
Aroma will have plugin support and a (IIRC rewritten from scratch) caffeine plugin, too. There's absolutely no ETA through. In fact Tiramisu was released so we have something cause Aroma is still not ready (a lot of what you see in Tiramisu has originally been developed for Aroma. That's why Tiramisu is so freaking stable: Tested since years).

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aroma will have plugin support and a caffeine plugin, too. There's absolutely no ETA through. In fact Tiramisu was released so we have something cause Aroma is still not ready (a lot of what you see in Tiramisu has originally been developed for Aroma. That's why Tiramisu is so freaking stable: Tested since years).
Aroma is gonna be sick I understand why it's gonna take so long tho

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is completely safe unlike Cold boot Haxchi? I just launch Haxchi when I need it right now. I guess this is the best recommended method now especially since it’s free and no DS game required.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this is completely safe unlike Cold boot Haxchi? I just launch Haxchi when I need it right now. I guess this is the best recommended method now especially since it’s free and no DS game required.
Nothing is completely save. Example: Randomly delete files in NAND and you'll brick no matter what CFW (or HB entry point). Unlike CBHC you won't brick by formatting your console or removing a title (you can't delete Health & Safety) through.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly this issue persists for me. I have found that it doesn't matter which version of Nintendont I use, official latest, official latest before BBA was added which supposedly made it less stable, the CrisMmmod version, or Send0r versions. And it doesn't matter which options I enable or disable, I've also tried switching to a much smaller 2GB SD card to contain the Nintendont files, to the same results. After switching to Tiramisu, my dedicated individual GameCube game channels will only fully boot and not freeze very rarely, most times they'll freeze after getting into the vWii mode, but before the GameCube bootup starts, as shows off in the imgur vids quoted above. I've found it also doesn't matter which version of WiiVC injector I use to create the channels either, be it the official version or the mod version.

Yet if I boot Nintendont as its own channel it will work fine without issue. This was never an issue with CBHC, and I'm surprised no one else is having this issue. I'm genuinely not sure what would make my setup unique at this point. I have a custom theme and wara wara plaza, as well as a very loaded Wii U menu with many titles and injects, but I can't understand how any of that stuff would interfere with vWii functions, or why they would sometimes not be an issue either. I'm hitting a brick wall here, and since the creator doesn't recognize the issue as he couldn't recreate it, I fear I may sadly have to revert to CBHC. The return of the quickboot GamePad menu truly is great, but losing the ability to reliably quick launch all my favorite GameCube games as their own channels is feeling like a real dealbreaker as time goes on.
Alrighty, I finally, finally found a way to get everything functioning as it used to, 100% of the time on every boot, though it requires me to literally reinject every GameCube title I had before. See, in the past, I used TeconMoon's WiiVC injector and made GameCube injects in the standard way, and they always worked without issue on CBHC, but now, after much tinkering, I found that if I instead injected them with the WiiVC injector, but under advanced, specified a "custom Nintenddont Forwarder" created the install, and install that channel, they will work properly. However, I do then have to enable the autoboot option in the Nintendont loader that pops up when I first launch the installed title. But, doing that makes it so that if I launch the separate Nintendont channel, it tries to autoload no title, errors out and returns you to the main menu. So what I did was create a separate Nintendont folder in my apps folder, and then altered that boot.dol in HxD to instead of calling nincfg.bin in the root of my SD card to call a different config file (which I just directed to nixcfg.bin instead), so that the channel GC injects call the config file that autoboots it's iso while the separate Nintendont channel calls the other config and doesn't try to autoboot any iso and properly pulls up the Nintendont menu.

This method works every time again, but sadly it means I have to recreate all my GameCube inject channels for my Wii U. It is absolutely an annoying headache, but I'm grateful I've found a solution. Still don't know what the problem I was having stemmed from exactly, but at least there is a viable solution to the issue if anyone else finds themselves in the same situation I had been in.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
One question for the dev @Maschell and @V10lator

If I remove "50_hbl_installer.rpx" and install HBL Channel,
and if I boot the console with button + pressed,
I cannot use the option to lauch HBL anymore, because it will launch Mii Maker

Could you add an option to change this behaviour using an .ini file or adding an entry to the Tiramisu autoboot config files, for example?

Many Thanks

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm no dev, just a user like you. @GaryOderNichts is the other Tiramisu developer.
Sorry! I thought you are one of them!

Makes sense when the "50_hbl_installer.rpx" is removed :wtf:

Or do i misunderstand something? No hbl on sd=no boot entry in the tiramisu boot selector...
Yes, it makes sense. I also gave my suggestion for a workaround.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, I finally, finally found a way to get everything functioning as it used to, 100% of the time on every boot, though it requires me to literally reinject every GameCube title I had before. See, in the past, I used TeconMoon's WiiVC injector and made GameCube injects in the standard way, and they always worked without issue on CBHC, but now, after much tinkering, I found that if I instead injected them with the WiiVC injector, but under advanced, specified a "custom Nintenddont Forwarder" created the install, and install that channel, they will work properly. However, I do then have to enable the autoboot option in the Nintendont loader that pops up when I first launch the installed title. But, doing that makes it so that if I launch the separate Nintendont channel, it tries to autoload no title, errors out and returns you to the main menu. So what I did was create a separate Nintendont folder in my apps folder, and then altered that boot.dol in HxD to instead of calling nincfg.bin in the root of my SD card to call a different config file (which I just directed to nixcfg.bin instead), so that the channel GC injects call the config file that autoboots it's iso while the separate Nintendont channel calls the other config and doesn't try to autoboot any iso and properly pulls up the Nintendont menu.

This method works every time again, but sadly it means I have to recreate all my GameCube inject channels for my Wii U. It is absolutely an annoying headache, but I'm grateful I've found a solution. Still don't know what the problem I was having stemmed from exactly, but at least there is a viable solution to the issue if anyone else finds themselves in the same situation I had been in.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and the solution! That is quite a hassle, but thank you for you efforts!

Reactions: ArgoRV

livid_hen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When launching mii maker to get to to the hbl, it goes to a black screen that says -11 in the top left and indefinitely plays the loading sound you get when doing the browser exploit. The only things in the tiramisu enviroment are from "the guide" except bloopair on the latest commit as of 2/15/22 which I built to swap the A B and X Y buttons on the xbox one controller.

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I still have to do the 119 thing and mod the language files on some games with this too? Might pickup a Japanese Wii U as they seem to be cheaper and in better shape.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer