Hacking [RELEASE] UAE4ALL - Amiga emulator

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely loving this. I have had various handhelds over the years including Android based ones but playing dungeon crawlers, particularly Dungeon Master, has never been a pleasant experience. However playing on the Vita it is almost perfect as I can map the direction keys to the Vita's buttons and away I go. Is there anyway that if I use a touch-screen pen that the part of the screen that gets tapped translates as to where the Amiga mouse pointer clicks? This would be great for games like Cannon Fodder and Dungeon Master.

As a heads up for anyone who doesn't mind downloading a large file there is a Raspberry Pi torrent that is about 60GB in size called 'Ultimate Amiga for Raspberry Pie 3 v2.0 from Ransom'. It takes ages to extract but inside are 4251 converted HDF files (26.2GB) which are all self-booting WHDload files. This means there is no messing about loading Workbench or having to swap ADF files for those larger games such as Monkey Island 2. Absolutely perfect for UAE4ALL :)
I downloaded that and got an .img file but anything I do with it says the file is corrupt.
What tool did you use to extract the contents?
Thanks.

yadsterv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I downloaded that and got an .img file but anything I do with it says the file is corrupt.
What tool did you use to extract the contents?
Thanks.

I used 7Zip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello friend I've also seen that pack but it's too much to download, even though I'm interested in hdf games but I do not know how they load in uae4all for ps vita, you could tell me how. And finally that pack has the snowbros in hdf, that does not manage to load it in adf in any version, does not change the disquette. Thank you

I just use the standard A1200 setup. Then I choose the hdf file and the 'Boot HD' option is set to File1, go back to the main menu and then press the right trigger. So far every game has worked this way :)

Hello friend I've also seen that pack but it's too much to download, even though I'm interested in hdf games but I do not know how they load in uae4all for ps vita, you could tell me how. And finally that pack has the snowbros in hdf, that does not manage to load it in adf in any version, does not change the disquette. Thank you

There is Snowbros as a HDF in that pack. It definitely loads and I played the first level, not sure if that is any help. PM me and I can send you it to try.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one.
7-zip is working thanks a lot.

Got it all set up and with that hdf link youve breathed new life into this emu.
Enjoying some old classics again.
Great stuff.

Last edited by snoofly,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I made another new update yesterday:
https://www.github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

• Improve pointer response to diagonal stick directions
The analog re-scaling of diagonal directions has been improved. The pointer moved slightly too fast along the diagonals. This has now been fixed.

I applied the same fix to Enigma and BasiliskII, too. See

Thanks to my supporters on Patreon: Andyways, CountDuckula, and Sean Ritzo.

EDIT: Lemmings, shown below, is one of the few games that uses 640 pixels per line instead of 320. The Amiga Workbench uses this resolution, too. So, for the best display of Lemmings, go to display settings, and switch the resolution from 320 to 640 for this game (first config option in display settings).

uae4all_lemmings.jpg

Last edited by rsn8887,

yadsterv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't had much time to try the latest version but using a stylus the mouse pointer seems a tad more accurate when moving with Dungeon Master. In the last version the mouse pointer seemed to get ahead slightly by a pixel or two when moving but now seems to move as I would expect it to. I could of course be imagining all this :)

petarku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is by far the best emulator on vita, I am using it every day and quality is just amazing.
To have this on switch on big screen would be like the dream came true.
From the thread in switch section i see there is a lot of people interested in this coming to switch.. Let us know if there are any plans.

Last edited by petarku,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
@yadsterv2: Toni Wilen from WinUAE explained to me that it is impossible to make the mouse pointer follow the finger exactly with touch controls. It might almost work correctly for one game, but then won't work for another game. This is because each Amiga game uses a different mouse speed, resolution, etc.

In other words, the Amiga mouse pointer motion is only relative, not absolute.

That's why the current implementation is supposed to be used like a touchpad on a laptop. You put the finger (or stylus) anywhere and drag it to move the mouse pointer. No need to keep the finger directly over the pointer. The pointer will not stay under the finger anyways. Note you can adjust the pointer speed in the options if you feel like it moves too fast or slow, but it will likely never exactly match your stylus speed. There's also a "slow mouse" modifier key you can configure in custom controls. You can hold that key down to make the mouse pointer much slower.

@petarku: Thanks. However, I think for the Switch it would make much more sense to port Amiberry instead of UAE4All. Amiberry is a more complete emulator (better compatibility, JIT support, emulates picasso gfx cards, etc.). The Switch is powerful enough to handle it.

Last edited by rsn8887,

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Going to have to dust off my PSTV and install v1.70 as I just read about this release and am intrigued with so many people saying it works perfectly.

Thanks for all the dev effort in making this possible, its appreciated.

pdaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also having issues extracting the img file called 1.img. I've tried v1 and v2 of Random's pack and 1.img always shows as corrupt so cannot extract it using 7zip or mount it. Any ideas?
I used 7Zip

I just use the standard A1200 setup. Then I choose the hdf file and the 'Boot HD' option is set to File1, go back to the main menu and then press the right trigger. So far every game has worked this way :)

There is Snowbros as a HDF in that pack. It definitely loads and I played the first level, not sure if that is any help. PM me and I can send you it to try.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Update to v1.71, download here: https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

Changelog:

- Fix hd settings not saving, and displayline settings not loading in certain situations

EDIT: Rock'n Roll, shown below, is one of several games that work on UAE4All2 only using .adf files. It has graphics glitches and runs too fast in WHDLoad with .hdf. To make it work correctly, I loaded the "Rock'n Roll.adf" from Gamebase Amiga, chose the preset A500 config, and changed the Blitter setting to Normal.

2018-10-25-032950.jpg

Last edited by rsn8887,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Update to v1.72, download here: https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

Changelog:

- Savestate location can now be changed in the menu

- Savestates can now be deleted from the menu

- Implemented an automatic savestate. There's a new savestate slot called auto. If it exists, this savestate will be loaded immediately when inserting the .adf.

New-Savestate-Menu.jpg

Lotus2.jpg

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@rsn8887

It would be possible to add support for covers or previews to give a better presentation.

By the way big updates last because sometimes they were not saved and loaded the screen options in hdfs well.

And also quite useful that now if the savestates are saved in a data folder because in the folder of the game created confusion.

Thanks and I hope you consider the covers.

Sorry for my english, I speak spanish.

Reactions: Lineacero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme