Religion. The Last Debate

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 28,147
  • Replies 428

Is there a God? Do you believe in God?

• Yes, there is a God. My reason is posted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no God. My reason is posted.

• There may or may not be a God. I'm not sure.

• Total voters

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
gamefreak94 said:
God is obviously something made from human idealism from the past.
Each religion was made by someone in high authority to keep people in check. The now more popular religions christianity, catholic, muslim, buddihsm etc. was made by some one who most likely had power and disliked what was happening in their societies. Of course there where many poor people back then and they used them to their advantages by saying stuff like if you do this then you will be forgiven or an eye for an eye no matter what social class you are in. Of course the idealism of Heaven and hell also is manipulated to get people to do good so they can reach this place. I can't really explain but if you have read the World History books you will understand. Also a flaw in the bible is that Jesus died for everyone's sins, but why are we not in paradise? If he cleansed everyone's sins they shouldn't Adam and Eve's sin be gone too?

Maybe offtopic but someone asked me if i believed in God and i said no (Ofcourse) and then they started preaching to me about gods miracles and stuff. And i said that even though i don't believe in god doesn't mean i'm a bad person. Then that person states, and i quote "Well being a good person won't get you to heavan only if you worship him" I even asked that even a murderer can go to heavan just by believing? She said Yes! If this is "God" then no way I'll be taking his side. Now a days religion is all messed up.
+1

That said, would u rather live a life believing there is a god or (something), to die and find out there isn't? or would u rather live a live not believing and die and find out there is?
By what i wrote, u guys know my answer and there is a "maybe" not sure though.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm for Christianity
gamefreak94 said:
Of course the idealism of Heaven and hell also is manipulated to get people to do good so they can reach this place.
You can't apply that to all religions,that would be pluralism in a sense.

QUOTE(Ephesians 2:8-9) said:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast.

QUOTE said:
Also a flaw in the bible is that Jesus died for everyone's sins, but why are we not in paradise? If he cleansed everyone's sins they shouldn't Adam and Eve's sin be gone too?
We are not in paradise,because some people(for example,like you),has not accepted Christ as their Savior.You can't be saved unless you believe(read the verse above)

Adam and Eve...now the Bible didn't say where they went...some say the went to Heaven cuz God forgave them,some say they went to Hell,but none can say really.

QUOTEMaybe offtopic but someone asked me if i believed in God and i said no (Ofcourse) and then they started preaching to me about gods miracles and stuff. And i said that even though i don't believe in god doesn't mean i'm a bad person. Then that person states, and i quote "Well being a good person won't get you to heavan only if you worship him" I even asked that even a murderer can go to heavan just by believing? She said Yes! If this is "God" then no way I'll be taking his side. Now a days religion is all messed up.
Same verse again,you can't be saved through "good works".
So what is salvation then?Does it mean you can sin countless of times and get away with it?No.
Good works is the result of salvation,but it doesn't mean if you're not save you CAN'T do good works.
QUOTE(Titus 3:5-8)
5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea of God (or a God, even several Gods). A man believes what is right by his standards. The thing that makes this subject such a goddamn (no pun intended) sore topic is that there are some religions and their followers who just INSIST that their beliefs are absolute truth. I live in the Philippines, a predominantly Catholic country, and no offense, but the religion is just too overpoweringly obnoxious here. They shove their beliefs in your face, and even threaten the government with it. Seriously, what the [profane]???

Whether there is a God or not is a matter of opinion (which is prob why this thread is still going long after the OP abandoned it). Why should one opinion be worthier than another?

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lolzed said:
We are not in paradise,because some people(for example,like you),has not accepted Christ as their Savior.You can't be saved unless you believe(read the verse above)

And therin lies the rub. For with this reasoning, any murderer, or genocidal maniac, can do these things, and still get to heaven as long as they believe and seek forgiveness from Christ, while a person who may have commited no crimes, and has led a much more "christlike" life through their actions (helping the poor, spreading peace/love, etc), will be damned to eternal hellfire just because they don't take zombie Jezus seriously. Any god who would not only allow that to happen, but would encourage it, is not a god worthy of worship.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0ddity said:
lolzed said:

And therin lies the rub. For with this reasoning, any murderer, or genocidal maniac, can do these things, and still get to heaven as long as they believe and seek forgiveness from Christ, while a person who may have commited no crimes, and has led a much more "christlike" life through their actions (helping the poor, spreading peace/love, etc), will be damned to eternal hellfire just because they don't take zombie Jezus seriously. Any god who would not only allow that to happen, but would encourage it, is not a god worthy of worship.

Sorry,but I'll quote myself again
QUOTE said:
So what is salvation then?Does it mean you can sin countless of times and get away with it?No.
Then read the following verses.
Also,the Bible states
QUOTE(Romans 3:23)
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
God said it Himself,the most "good" man may appear to be "perfect",but you WILL have sin in your life.

Summary:Good works will not bring you to Heaven,only Christ.Good works is a result of Salvation.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a rather horrible and arrogant God who would shun a good person simply because they were the wrong religion. If a human did that we'd call it bigotry.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Funny but true:
29dvgjn.png

20joi15.gif

2m7dj13.jpg

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance...logic can be happily tossed out the window.

THIS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative