Religion. The Last Debate

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 28,145
  • Replies 428

Is there a God? Do you believe in God?

• Yes, there is a God. My reason is posted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no God. My reason is posted.

• There may or may not be a God. I'm not sure.

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
NO FLAMING OR HATING ALLOWED​

3972882tempdebates.png
Open forever

Debate 10 Is there a God? Do you believe in God?​
How to debate
We will be debating about a question, make your point heard.
If the question is: Can we live without air?

A response can be: No, because air sustains life.
Another can be: No, that point is wrong because we can live on Oxygen alone, not air.
Another can be: No, because plants need CO2 which is in air to live, and without plants, we would die.
^ I love this debate fail...

and so on.
OK.

You will find today's debate title at the top of this post/in the topic description. Happy debating! I am impartial to this and will ignore the posts I have made to count the final score, as they were made solely to get the debate up and running. I will judge which side has won at the end, however will join the debate.

The debate will last as long as I think it should last

Previous Debates
Can we live without modern technology? The 'Temp says we can.
Will the world end in 2012? The 'Temp says 'fuck no'.
Genetic/DNA Manipulation on humans. Should it be legal in the UK? The 'Temp thinks that it should be legal
Media Censorship? Protective or Restrictive? The 'temp believes media censorship is restrictive - but only just!
Health and Safety laws. Protective or restrictive? Protective, 13 to 7
Cannabis (plant) should be legalized. Oh really? The 'temp says yes, 21 to 8, but it's use should be enforced like tobacco.
Medical Research on animals. Does it do more good than harm? It does good.
Should fascists be given a platform to speak? ~Suggested by TrolleyDave :Yes, they should. 8 to 5.

Evolution or creation: how did human beings come about? : Tempy say, tempy do. We evolved, 27 to 11

Is there a God - the final debate, even if I rigged the polls slightly, 29 said yes, 41 said no, 28 said 'maybe'.

Future Debates
Best debaters. Awards.

Description:

Religion. The last debate. No description required. Does it exist, should it be worth following, is it a scapegoat, atheism is key - anything about religion. But the main question is, RELIGION, YES OR NO - IS there a God? Do you believe in God?? No flaming or hating allowed.

5077 -lastTD, uC 1TrolleyDave,20ddity, 3FAST 4Blood Fetish stat G ---chazLD

D

Deleted User

OP
No Religious HATRED allowed. No Religious FLAMING allowed. Keep on-topic.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
There is no "yes or no" answer

this thread is dumb

edit: and you really think people on this website have a wide, varied knowledge of religion that they can use to debate this? Really? Wow.

D

Deleted User

OP
Law said:
There is no "yes or no" answer

this thread is dumb

edit: and you really think people on this website have a wide, varied knowledge of religion that they can use to debate this? Really? Wow.
So, you're calling us all dumb. Yahoo.

QUOTE(Depravo @ Sep 11 2010, 08:50 PM) Does it exist? Of course religion exists.
The title is: Is there a God? Do you believe in God?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Religion exists.

Is it needed? I don't think so. It just gives us one more reason to disagree and fight about it.

Does God exist? I don't think so. I'd like to, but if one did than it's doing a pretty awful job.

D

Deleted User

OP
_Chaz_ said:
Religion exists.

Is it needed? I don't think so. It just gives us one more reason to disagree and fight about it.

Does God exist? I don't think so. I'd like to, but if one did than it's doing a pretty awful job.
How can you say God's doing an awful job?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jet™ said:
_Chaz_ said:
Religion exists.

Have you seen the news lately?

If there was a God (or at least a competent one) monitoring all of this, he/she would never have let things get this bad.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Im not sure what to think about this subject anymore, I would say that i'm agnostic. Although I fall strongly on the side of evolution, rather than creation.

I don't believe, but I don't disbelieve.

One I thing I do know, is that religion is the one biggest causes of war in the world (along with politics).

I also used to think that religion is just a way to keep the people under control, a way to pacify the country, if you will.

Plus, if there really was an almighty power, a God, would he let all this war, pain and suffering happen in the world?

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
jet™ said:
_Chaz_ said:
Religion exists.

If there was a God (or at least a competent one) monitoring all of this, he/she would never have let things get this bad.
He's not going to fix evry problem the wolrd has that's on humanity to do they fucked up so they should fix .

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
_Chaz_ said:
jet™ said:
_Chaz_ said:
Religion exists.

He's not going to fix evry problem the wolrd has that's on humanity to do they fucked up so they should fix .
What was God originally thought to do? Was he/she not supposed to help mankind thrive if the name of him/her was spread?

Look at the world now. Some of the most religious countries are not doing well at all.

If mankind was supposed to do everything themselves and fix their own problems, why would there be a God?

D

Deleted User

OP
DarkLG said:
_Chaz_ said:
jet™ said:
_Chaz_ said:
Religion exists.

exactly - God put us in charge of this world and it's up to us to keep it good. Look at all the good things that have happened - where you live, the fact that you are clothed, you have money, food.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Law said:
I think we're just some game of SimCity that some kid left running after giving up because he couldn't figure out how to keep people happy

Hahaha, awesome thought.

Edit: I can see this thread getting out of control.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?