Hacking Homebrew Misc Remake Unofficial Luma3ds

How should we rename customluma3ds?

• Wah3ds (placeholder but if you like it)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Polari3ds

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Dasey3ds

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Quasar3ds

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Plutoncfw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another idea ( I will write down here)

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here thank you
Streaming? I suppose its only for the n3ds
i tested on a new 2ds xl but feel free to test it if you want technically it should work like ntr cfw.
Post automatically merged:

Forgot to tell new release, already uploaded different build the changelog is listed briefly in download section and more on github, though i have reorder the readme... sorry for that i don't like do that as you noticed _:-)

https://gbatemp.net/download/customluma3ds.38182/
finally i can post link B-)

also if you want to test logo you can use this

also if you want to test logo or make one use this, i will make one probably.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-3ds-homebrew-logo-now-without-private-tools.490764/

I presume this is the relevant link?
https://github.com/Alexyo21/CustomLuma3DS
Yeah, thank you.
Is there anything especially "wrong" that wasn't "wrong" before?

(I guess it would be kind of nice if the error messages were more informative, but I expect I lack the experience to have an informed opinion on that particular UX adventure.)

I mean:

You couldn't put that in the official Luma because I am 100% certain people would complain even if you told them not to.
forget to say to be able to do that, you have to enable the advanced menu, it works like Normal luma for changing dev unit patching and Rosalina on safe mode…

Last edited by Alexiox,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The issue is consent. The user should be informed and asked if they want this happen to their system, not have the Luma team assume they do. I would prefer not to have Luma3DS making any modifications to my system that I did not consent to. Since this is becoming circular, I will stop here. I understand the community might not see an issue in this but there are those of us who do

So what you're saying is that there is no downside at all except for personal preference and consent issues vs. the obvious benefits there are. It's a "safety" feature to prevent more problems. I don't know how many posts I've seen saying people can't boot their 3DS without a card in it. When asked if they copied boot.firm to CTRNAND the response is usually "Huh??!?!?!!?! How do I do that????" There is also zero consent "issue" when the release notes literally say "Upon upgrading Luma3DS, boot.firm is now automatically copied to the root of the CTRNAND partition". If you choose to install it, you're consenting to it automatically being copied. Don't want that feature? Use an earlier version, a fork without it, or create your own fork. There's no consent issue going on here. That would apply if they didn't list it in the notes and snuck it in without saying anything.

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So what you're saying is that there is no downside at all except for personal preference and consent issues vs. the obvious benefits there are. It's a "safety" feature to prevent more problems. I don't know how many posts I've seen saying people can't boot their 3DS without a card in it. When asked if they copied boot.firm to CTRNAND the response is usually "Huh??!?!?!!?! How do I do that????" There is also zero consent "issue" when the release notes literally say "Upon upgrading Luma3DS, boot.firm is now automatically copied to the root of the CTRNAND partition". If you choose to install it, you're consenting to it automatically being copied. Don't want that feature? Use an earlier version, a fork without it, or create your own fork. There's no consent issue going on here. That would apply if they didn't list it in the notes and snuck it in without saying anything.
I made two build without that feature, so no worries there are for every tastes…🤣😅 freedom is yours to choose.
Though I admit a part from consent it’s a useful feature even more for not so advanced people as you said.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That’s basically what I am saying but would really prefer if they just had the option to disable it to be there in some form. The consent issue for me is that it’s baked in and not just something one can toggle without going through additional steps, such as forking or compiling their own firm. Maybe consent isn’t the right word here.
That said, gonna stick with this fork since I have the option.

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That’s basically what I am saying but would really prefer if they just had the option to disable it to be there in some form. The consent issue for me is that it’s baked in and not just something one can toggle without going through additional steps, such as forking or compiling their own firm. Maybe consent isn’t the right word here.
That said, gonna stick with this fork since I have the option.
I can tell you that you can do a consent screen you just have to put the option in luma config and when first installing if you disable that you can avoid to use that feature though for now, i will think about it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can tell you that you can do a consent screen you just have to put the option in luma config and when first installing if you disable that you can avoid to use that feature though for now, i will think about it.
I dig that idea, it’s really all I am asking for, ngl
Side note, apologies for dragging that out.

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dig that idea, it’s really all I am asking for, ngl
Side note, apologies for dragging that out.
Not to worry for now I will take some days off since even for the led turning in standby it’s giving me some headaches so I need to document first with that update I will probably put this feature also

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Something told my mind to come back here, and now without the memory of how to hack the 3DS (I forgot almost all of it) and never mod my Switch. Just saw this on Popular threads. Didn't know that Luma3DS still update nowaday. :D

Good luck in modding!!

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to everyone, today a question, how would you rate the backup feature of luma, for me useful although a your thought about it would be useful for a decision. Thanks.

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What, exactly, is "the backup feature of luma", and how are you expecting anyone to "rate" it?
If nobody knows about it then it works so I will keep it, btw jokes aside it’s the feature that luma uses to backup otp, cid, hardware configuration, etc and put them inside the backup folder in luma directory.

If nobody knows about it then it works so I will keep it, btw jokes aside it’s the feature that luma uses to backup otp, cid, hardware configuration, etc and put them inside the backup folder in luma directory.
Btw I think I cannot make poll yet…

Last edited by Alexiox,

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I mean, what exactly would one do with those backups if one had them?

wat
Pool votes maybe till level five ?
I dunno though

I mean, what exactly would one do with those backups if one had them?

wat
Decrypt and encrypt a backup save the backup modify it on a pc, a lot of other things

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0