Remedy Entertainment to remake the first two Max Payne games

Max_Payne_2001_Shot_11-1300x975.jpg

Remedy Entertainment, developers of Control and the Alan Wake franchise, announced today they were working on a remake of Max Payne and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne. Remedy developed the original games in 2001 and 2003, but the license is owned by Rockstar Games, who publishes the series and developed the third game in-house. However, Remedy has reached an agreement with Rockstar to remake the first two games in their proprietary Northlight engine, to release on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The project is still in the "concept development stage," so it's unlikely we will see a release date anytime soon.

:arrow: Source

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A remake but it needs to be "close" to the original when it comes to the whole atmosphere. Modern and mind-blowing graphics is nothing if thats lost.....

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This announcement came out of left field and I just caught wind of it this morning. And of all publishers, R* is the one financing the development of this project. Had this been 10 years ago, I highly doubt it 😅😆😂...

Acronys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Oh nice MP3 i actually really liked it, I hope it will get properly raytraced to feel with the neon lights like John Wick playing the game :wub:

Payne

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
I can only trust remedy with MP remake, hope they won't continue trend of not finishing games like CDPR and Rockstar

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well wudduya know, one game I actually finished a couple a years back :D . It's there in the stack of games I finished.

[looks over at that stack of games I finished]

:sad: It's also the Only game I've finished. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1