Misc Remove NNID from modded 3ds without losing installed CIA games and save

TimeMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to remove eshop account or any data associated with it. Do you know any process to do that?
I've had to do this on new 3ds's in order to make the eshop work on region changed devices. The only way to completely delete the eshop account on your device is to system transfer to another device, as it fully transfers your eshop account to another device and leaves your 3ds blank with no eshop account

8Pit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I stumbled upon this post, can I link a different NNID after removing the old one and everything works fine? Because I want to start streaming online games with my 3ds soon without giving away my public name, which is risky since my NNID literally contains my full name.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You should be able to create and sign in with a new NNID, if you had legit purchased content from the eshop though there's a possibility that it may stop working if you remove the account that was associated with it.

8Pit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You should be able to create and sign in with a new NNID, if you had legit purchased content from the eshop though there's a possibility that it may stop working if you remove the account that was associated with it.
Ok, I will probably wait for the shop closure before disconnecting and reconnecting because then I wouldn't be able to use it anymore anyway. Thanks for clarifying!

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, I will probably wait for the shop closure before disconnecting and reconnecting because then I wouldn't be able to use it anymore anyway. Thanks for clarifying!
Shop closure isn't going to make your purchased content stop working, you just wouldn't be able to buy more things anymore.

The reason why removing NNID and signing in with a new one may make things stop working is because the tickets associated with your legit content are specific to your console + account. If your account is disconnected and you connect with a new account, the existing tickets get invalidated.

I would recommend just dumping your games to cia with generic ticket, then you can remove your NNID and link a new one, and reinstall all your games from the files that you just dumped. These will work without needing that specific NNID to be linked, and you can play and stream them with the new NNID linked.

dimenfer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
If you don't have godmode9 already, get it here https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/latest

1. Copy GodMode9.firm from the GodMode9 .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card
  2. Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
  3. Launch GodMode9 by pressing (A)
  4. Navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND -> data -> (32 Character ID) -> sysdata -> 00010038
  5. Hold down the (R) trigger, then press (X) on 00000000 to rename this file
  6. Press (Up) once to change the name to 10000000
  7. Press (A) to save changes
  8. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND writing, then input the key combo given
  9. Navigate back to the Main Menu
  10. Press (Start) to reboot your device
Can I use those steps to link NNID on another 3DS or this is just like disabling it?

I have a N3DSXL and brought a 2DS and I want to use the NNID on N3DSXL on to 2DS.

Shaklin246

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't have godmode9 already, get it here

1. Copy GodMode9.firm from the GodMode9 .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card
  2. Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
  3. Launch GodMode9 by pressing (A)
  4. Navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND -> data -> (32 Character ID) -> sysdata -> 00010038
  5. Hold down the (R) trigger, then press (X) on 00000000 to rename this file
  6. Press (Up) once to change the name to 10000000
  7. Press (A) to save changes
  8. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND writing, then input the key combo given
  9. Navigate back to the Main Menu
  10. Press (Start) to reboot your device
i did this and i got an arm 11 error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now