OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know about you but certain Nintendo first party titles refuse to let you turn down or turn off the BGM at all, and it drives me insane.

At first I thought about modding the NSP to dummy out the music files... but I’m not sure this is a good avenue?

Would it be possible to build an AMS plugin to either mute/decrease any games BGM, or better swap it out for MP3’s on the SD card?

The latter is probably very system intensive, but it would be pretty snazzy.

Thoughts? Has it been done? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by KiiWii,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Kind of the opposite thing, but personally I would love a way to turn down the sound effects volume (or turn up the BGM volume) in games that don't have a setting for it. Music is one of the most important aspects for me in a game, and I find that often the sound effects are much louder than the music (looking at you Game Freak...) which detracts from the experience, since when I have the volume turned up to a loud enough level for the music, the sound effects are way too loud.
It might be difficult to differentiate between sound effects and music, though. An easy (but not a very good, nor 100% reliable) way would be to read the length of the audio file, and if it's longer than a few seconds assume that it's music.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo