Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It means for kernel and what the o3DS can handle right now, kernel hacks runs them close or at fullspeed for o3ds and n3ds

Okay, I thought that it meant that all of those emulators worked at full speed on *hax 2.5 without kernel. That's a bummer for me since I'm on 10.1 right now.

On the O3ds part, you should put a symbol so people will know what cores runs at 60/stable fps (im talking about 3dsx).
Like for example:

*Full Speed
+Decent Speed/playable
-Dont Mind it

Quicknes*
Picodrive*
Genesis Plus GX* (Only SMS/GG)
Gambatte*
fMSX*
mednafen PCE FAST+
CatSFC+
gpSP-
pcsx-
fba cps1 & cps2-
mednafen vb-

You posted that RIGHT as I posted my question earlier! I wish I had been able to see that before I posted.

Last edited by Real_Redwolf,

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3dsx, 10.1.0.27e, 2.5hax

So far I tried every King of Fighters game from 94-2003 and I was pleasantly surprised that only 2002 and 2003 didn't run.
Every other one ran perfectly 60fps.

On the other hand, I tried couple of roms of SVC and none of them worked.
Did anybody succeed running SNK vs Capcom?

Last edited by vladagaja24,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the .CIA builds are a shit mess
can someone please make some banners and icons that differentiate the different cores?
catsfc catsfc+ snes9x all use the same damn icon and nothing in the banner says the core name either ,you cant figure out what you are running till you open it
same with NEStopia and fceumm
some nice fancy 3d banners like we ha with blarg and fceumm stand alone by stevice would be nice

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
Anyways when I get off work ill edit the post more and put what needs bios and what romsets work for what, too bad I cant link it to them since that's illegal but im sure you guys can figure it out ;)

Reactions: DarkRioru

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice! Had no idea OP on the other thread got banned. This thread seems to be much more "put together" compared to that one, anyway.
Not sure what happened to him nor do I really care since bans happen for a reason, but it's best not to talk about it here. PM if you really want to tell me.

I'll have to check out the SNES emulators again. Last time I checked, which was over a day ago so they had to have been updated, Final Fantasy III (FF6) didn't run at full speed, but close. I honestly think PCSX is capped at 15FPS on the 3DSX builds. Since Final Fantasy 7 never seems to go above, but it averages 13-15 no matter what.

Reactions: Stack3r

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also what to name the bios, where they go in the subfolders, common mistakes (like disabling 3ds controls) explain that the fastest fix is to delete your CFG file and to try that before asking any questions. That should be like bolded at the top of the thread. and maybe explain some common problem roms like SM All Stars.
yeah i have no fucking clue what i am doing , mednafen won't see my .pce roms so does it need a BIOS file?
why does the GBA emu core need a BIOS file? i thought that shit was just for CD emulation like for PC engine CD rom and sega CD and PSX? can some one please explain what the BIOS files are and where to get them and why they are needed and which cores require them and where they are supposed to go? and if it is different for CIA builds than .3dsx builds do we need them for cia builds too i mean and do they go in the same place as for .3dsx?

Last edited by weatMod,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah i have no fucking clue what i am doing , mednafen won't see my .pce roms so does it need a BIOS file?
why does the GBA emu core need a BIOS file? i thought that shit was just for CD emulation like for PC engine CD rom and sega CD and PSX? can some one please explain what the BIOS files are and where to get them and why they are needed and which cores require them and t\where they are supposed to go? and if it is different for CIA buiilds than .3dsx builds
It's against gbatemp rules to post links to other sites so for your bios files you will need to search Google for them some sites will have all the bios files in one place. I can give you a hint where to go though so listen up. IF you do find the bios files for your EMU lators you will be in PARADISE

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why does the GBA emu core need a BIOS file? i thought that shit was just for CD emulation like for PC engine CD rom and sega CD and PSX? can some one please explain what the BIOS files are and where to get them and why they are needed and which cores require them and where they are supposed to go? and if it is different for CIA builds than .3dsx builds do we need them for cia builds too i mean and do they go in the same place as for .3dsx?
I'd recommend searching the Libretro wiki for answers to which cores need bios's and what they need to be called - once you've got that info, google should help you find them.
They go in the retroarch/cores/system folder on your sd, and yes, it's the same for 3dsx and cia.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's against gbatemp rules to post links to other sites so for your bios files you will need to search Google for them some sites will have all the bios files in one place. I can give you a hint where to go though so listen up. IF you do find the bios files for your EMU lators you will be in PARADISE
ok i know what i meant was are different for the 3ds retroarc version so i guess not same as usual nothing special

stupid me i have been sick for like 2 weeks i must have installed the wrong mednafen core not the pc engine one

i just never heard non cd based emu's like gba needing a bios or maybe i forgot

~Rainbow Mika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
estieniuniers.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Welp, PCE Fast gives me an error when I load a rom.
12039607_994255393951471_1172800796850200747_n.jpg

~Rainbow Mika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
estieniuniers.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
PCE fasat? what is that? i don't see it, is there another PCE core besides mednafen PCE?
also are you trying to run a sgx game? because i remember nitrografx for DS didn't support nitrografx roms, i'm not sure about mednafen PCE 3ds

PCE Fast is mednafen.
And before 2.5 it loaded my roms.

xombiexplox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now that 2.5 is out....

CIAs (on N3DS 9.2 and below) vs. 3DSXs on everything else

Which is better? Which has more potential in the future?

EDIT: I will say that right now my 10.2 N3DS w/ Themehax 2.5 runs PSX considerably slower than my 8.1 Japanese N3DS with cias

Last edited by xombiexplox,

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
Okay so ive added some important links, what cores have to have a bios to function properly and some keys (symbols) to show what to expect from the cores

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PCE doesn't load supergrafx either
no super g&g
so is there a SG core? either stand alone that will be ported? or a way to add it to mednafen PCE fast ?

Last edited by weatMod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-