Retroarch is now on Retail Mode (Xbox Series S/X)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all not sure if I can ask for help here just had a question. I installed retroarch last night, downloaded the cores I want, but no matter what I do and what game I launch it just has “no cores available”. Is there a step im missing ?
Just to add to what godreborn said, also download the core info files, as well as assets, databases (and dolphin.zip if you're planning on using that), then save the config, exit, and boot back up. Without the core info files, RA doesn't know what file to associate with a core, so you will get that error when trying to run a game.

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to add to what godreborn said, also download the core info files, as well as assets, databases (and dolphin.zip if you're planning on using that), then save the config, exit, and boot back up. Without the core info files, RA doesn't know what file to associate with a core, so you will get that error when trying to run a game.
Thanks I was going to wait till after work to bring it up again but still wasn’t working even after updating, this might be it. I can do it all from the retroarch app once installed or do I need to download those files on pc and transfer them to the Xbox ?
Post automatically merged:

Managed to get everything working , all my roms load from NES to Dreamcast. Except GameCube/dolphin still not working. Just takes me back to the main menu no matter what game I try to load :(

Last edited by misticknight1,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I was going to wait till after work to bring it up again but still wasn’t working even after updating, this might be it. I can do it all from the retroarch app once installed or do I need to download those files on pc and transfer them to the Xbox ?
Post automatically merged:

Managed to get everything working , all my roms load from NES to Dreamcast. Except GameCube/dolphin still not working. Just takes me back to the main menu no matter what game I try to load :(
Might be a bios problem.

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
it can't be, no. some of the cores do require bios. there's a link somewhere with all bios for every system needed for retroarch.
Got it working I believe it was the bios files after all. Thank you very much :)

Only question I have now is is GameCube meant to run near perfect on series s so I know if I should play with the settings or suffer the slight frame rate issues I’m getting atm with wind waker. Nothing game breaking but if I can fix it why not.

Reactions: godreborn

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if it’s been asked I’m sure it has. But would it matter if I used a usb thumb drive or external
Hdd or both load the same ? Either way will be usb 3.1 of course

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. probably, but you're still limited with usb ports. I put games I'm going to play on the m2, just for added ssd speed even though I know that it won't be able to use the speed of the m2, it will likely be faster as an ssd though. I just used two hdds I had for other things, and you must use a different hdd or flash drive for retroarch and xbox games. I don't think there's currently any way to access an xbox formatted drive, but you can freely ftp and whatnot to a media drive or even hook it up to a computer as ntfs, and it won't do any harm. it will be able to read it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I think that was "The great depression" time
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It like one of those fake guns, that shoot, then a flag comes out and says, "splash"
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah a world War wasn't going on or anything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Americans lied about camps for propaganda
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, where is your gun at?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought he already showed you his gun
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun." - Full Metal Jacket
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    We actually said that in Boot Camp, waaay before the movie :mellow:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta raid0 these m.2s yay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do a raid10
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's tomorrow
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn Wal-Mart has 42" 4k TVs for only $150
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i bet it will not fit inside your bedroom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea here in North Korea, we are only allowed 1 19" tv per household. And the only channel we get is, MLT (Missile Launch Today)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, doesn't fit in his bedroom he's American
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I hate ordering stuff online if I can go buy it somewhere close to me, and everywhere anymore will give you a discount only if you order it online, bs. Should be a discount if I go pick it up, not order online.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I love it for most things most stores you just shows the receipt online and they scan it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Makes it easy for incompetent restaurant staff that don't know how to hear an order
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mostly for big purchases, I want it in my hands before I pay. Like a tv, I trust picking it up myself, before I'd trust it being sent thru mail/delivery. (Broken screen, etc) But yea if I can order online, then pickup at store is ok, but not all places offer that.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    > Like a tv, I trust picking it up myself, before I'd trust it being sent thru mail/delivery. (Broken screen, etc)

Thing is, if you break it driving back to your house, it's your fault. But if the delivery driver damages it, it's not your fault.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most people that haul big tvs have empty trucks or know enough not to set it face down
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then I gotta send it back and wait another week or two. I have a pickup truck, with a extended cab, so no prob for me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most manufacturers pack it well enough where they aren't that dumb to let it happen
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Most manufacturers pack it well enough where they aren't that dumb to let it happen