Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleRod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So... What changed in the latest version?

The 10/16 .cia gpsp runs like this:

but the last .3ds build run like this:

Tested in O3DS in Emunand 10.1

EDIT: Here is the last .cia build video:

Last edited by LittleRod,
Reactions: fmkid

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the updated 3dsx for NEStopia. It's 60FPS again.
So... What changed in the latest version?

The 10/16 .cia gpsp runs like this:

but the last .3ds build run like this:

Tested in O3DS in Emunand 10.1

You know your comparing the CIA builds to the 3DS builds?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They should have the same performance, since .3ds builds are basically the same as .cia, except they're not installed.

Reactions: fmkid

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should have the same performance, since .3ds builds are basically the same as .cia, except they're not installed.
The .cia build run identical to the .3ds. Im uploading the video right now
You still shouldn't do that. Compare versions of the same file formats.

Reactions: daxtsu

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I just wonder why a lot of problems with latest days Retroarch builds? Developers are testing something in special or what?

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: Ninoh-FOX

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just tried the updated 3dsx for NEStopia. It's 60FPS again.

Woot. Glad to hear you got it working.

I didn't try every core available, but a bunch of the CIA cores don't boot for me (used the 2015-10-20 14:41 _CIA archive), instead, they hang on the red 3DS wave screen:
CatSFC
CatSFC Plus
CPS2
NeoGeo
fMSX
Gambatte
mGBA
Picodrive

Ones that do work:
gpSP
Genesis Plus GX
Nestopia
PCSX

Reactions: teampleb

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@vladagaja24, First off I'll say that Marvel vs. Capcom (mvsc) works fine here, so I'm not sure why it doesn't on your end.

On Neo Geo, I can run basically anything the size of Metal Slug 2 (mslug2) or below, which covers a wide range of games. Bang Bang Busters (b2buster), Captain Tomaday (ctomaday), Puzzled (joyjoy), Metal Slug (mslug), Neo Bomberman (neobombe), Nightmare in the Dark (nitd), Street Hoop (strhoop), Zupapa (zupapa).

If you can't get any Neo Geo games running at all, it does seem most likely that your neogeo.zip is the problem. I believe neogeo.zip for Final Burn Alpha does have a few more ROMs in it than the MAME equivalent, so getting it from a MAME ROMset probably won't work.

I posted the ROMs expected in neogeo.zip by Final Burn Alpha earlier in the thread, so here it is again under a spoiler:

Thank you, I downloaded neogeo.zip file, the one with files you mentioned in previous posts and now the Metal Slug 2 runs well, I guess the other files will run no problem except the bigger ones.

I still have problem with CPS2 and that mvsc rom and I don't know why. I run, with your older version of emulator, almost every CPS2 rom I tried but this one, even though I downloaded same rom couple of times from different sources, it simply can't run.

It says:
FBA ROM Index 0 was not found...CRC: 0x824e4a90

Do you have any idea what this means if anything?

Is there any diference if I run it from Ninjhax 2.1 instead of Themehax?

Last edited by vladagaja24,

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dude ill talk about whatever i want or wherever i want. youre not my slave owner pleb. i dont understand how people deal with your shit on this site.
Dude for 1 it's a thread about retroarch so yes you should not be talking about emulators that are not part of retroarch and for 2 It's plebs thread so again he has the right to ask you not to post about things not connected to retroarch.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dude ill talk about whatever i want or wherever i want. youre not my slave owner pleb. i dont understand how people deal with your shit on this site.

He may not be your "owner", but on this site, you agreed to a set of rules when you signed up, and you shouldn't be hurling insults. It also follows that you should generally try to make posts that are relevant to the topic at hand, since off-topic posts can create confusion or start pointless bickering. All he asked was that you discuss non-RetroArch mGBA elsewhere, nothing more.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He may not be your "owner", but on this site, you agreed to a set of rules when you signed up, and you shouldn't be hurling insults. It also follows that you should generally try to make posts that are relevant to the topic at hand, since off-topic posts can create confusion or start pointless bickering. All he asked was that you discuss non-RetroArch mGBA elsewhere, nothing more.
I second that opinion and would also like to add that Pleb was in no way at all rude in the way he asked you not to post about something not related to retroarch so you had no need to be rude in your reply. Now that's off my chest let's get this thread back on topic thanks

Reactions: teampleb

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its like an invisible line right? Ive noticed it on fcemmu before also, you should take a picture or a video of it so we can find out exactly how to get rid of it
Ok I took a video, hopefully it works to show what I am talking about. Pay attention to the left half of the screen, you'll see what almost looks like vertical screen tearing. Its like the tiles on that side are a half second too late when scrolling. As youll see its not consistent, but it wasn't there at all in the 10/2 build I was on previously.

Reactions: Stack3r

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the current state of the .cia builds? Which ones support dynarec and which ones don't? Is that one bug where you can't load three ROMs in one session present in the .cia too?
People, please read the OP...
  • 3Q. What cores have dynamic recompilers (on 9.2 or below)?
  • 3A. PCSX-ReARMed, picodrive (for 32x and svp only), and gpSP.

Ok I took a video, hopefully it works to show what I am talking about. Pay attention to the left half of the screen, you'll see what almost looks like vertical screen tearing. Its like the tiles on that side are a half second too late when scrolling. As youll see its not consistent, but it wasn't there at all in the 10/2 build I was on previously.

I don't get that.

Last edited by teampleb,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.goodrx.com/conditions/lead-poisoning/cinnamon-recall-lead-poisoning?&utm_source=sfmc&...