aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Oh nice, it's good to see RA is getting commits for the Switch :D
Btw has anyone tried compiling the Switch target to see if it creates a binary of some sort?
Read my post above. You compile Snes9x2010 and it gives you a file, you put a ROM in a folder called FS inside of the RetroArch folder, build for the Switch and you get a NRO with RetroArch, one emulator, and a ROM built in.

EvilG31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When running runnro for ANY nro, if it makes it to the switch I get the following error:

Error: 0x1216 (Unable to verify NRO hash or NRR signature in module RO userland)

Has anyone else run into this yet? I was able to run selftest.js successfully. I was hoping to get retroarch to run in the near future :)

***I solved my own issue on this one - This error will occur when you don't run evalfile usefulscripts/SetupNew.js prior to loading an NRO. ***

Read my post above. You compile Snes9x2010 and it gives you a file, you put a ROM in a folder called FS inside of the RetroArch folder, build for the Switch and you get a NRO with RetroArch, one emulator, and a ROM built in.

I did notice that my switch complained about the size of the retroarch nro. Is there a size limitation in general? Could I add more than one rom? (the retroarch NRO doesn't encounter error 0x1216 - it fails due to the file size before it gets that far)

Last edited by EvilG31,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Later today I'll make a write up on how to do create your retroarch nro with roms from scratch.

I have an updated Linux build environment with pegaswitch and libtransistor fully setup to create and run nros. So all you'll have to do is drop your roms in, run 1 command to build it, then load it in pegaswitch

I'll upload later today and share it with you guys

Last edited by yardie,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Later today I'll make a write up on how to do create your retroarch nro with roms from scratch.

I have an updated Linux build environment with pegaswitch and libtransistor fully setup to create and run nros. So all you'll have to do is drop your roms in, run 1 command to build it, then load it in pegaswitch

Brilliant.
Savegames don't work?
Can you change settings in RetroArch or is every Homebrew "read only" for now?
Also what else works and what not?
As a final question could you tell me whether all your Miis are gone for good everytime you launch RetroArch with PegaSwitch?
It sounds dump but I've got many Miis and the fact I read somewhere that they are getting deleted by using PegaSwitch is what's holding me from trying out at the moment although I'm on 3.0.0 :P

Greg956

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

How soon you alwil
Brilliant.
Savegames don't work?
As a final question could you tell me whether all your Miis are gone for good everytime you launch RetroArch with PegaSwitch?
It sounds dump but I've got many Miis and the fact I read somewhere that they are getting deleted by using PegaSwitch is what's holding me from trying out at the moment although I'm on 3.0.0 :P
Yeah, they are really deleting everytime you launch homebrew for now.

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brilliant.
Savegames don't work?

Homebrew doesn't have access to the filesystem at this point in time. In the future we'll be able to use the browser's save file as a homebrew filesystem but we just have to be patient :)

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Homebrew doesn't have access to the filesystem at this point in time. In the future we'll be able to use the browser's save file as a homebrew filesystem but we just have to be patient :)
Thanks for the info.
I guess the browser can't write to SD card? :D

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can someone please post the instructions as to what to do to compile a RetroArch core NRO file?
I am looking on adding the compiling instructions to the OP to make this more or less the official thread for RA Switch.

Also, if someone has a video of Snes9x running on the Switch, that'd be neat :)
I will add that one as well.

Last, I will add the cores that get compiled and made working on the Switch to the OP as well, right now we only have Snes9x 2010, FCEUMM and Virtual Jaguar

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.