Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Radius4 @bparker

Ok another crash.. it did show a DSI error but cant reproduce it so I cant take a pic (i'll keep trying though) but it has froze the XMB GUI every time since :(
to trigger the crash..

Turn on drop shadow, disable horizontal animation then go into input settings. Doesn't happen all the time but going into input after messing with those settings causes it.
(the menu seems out of alignment too when your in input settings, perhaps related to the error?)

Last edited by ploggy,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok another crash it showed a DSI error but cant reproduce it so I cant take a pic (i'll keep trying though) but it has froze the XMB GUI every time since :(
to trigger the crash..

Turn on drop shadow, disable horizontal animation then go into input settings. Doesn't happen all the time but going into input after messing with those settings causes it.

Damn, this is getting...awfully disheartening. What the hell is causing all of the DSI errors?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A little question concerning the MAME 0.78 romset:
In my rom sets I have almost everything in zip files which is like I imagined it to be.
But for a few games there are also folders in the rom folder (with the zip files) that have the exakt same name as a few of the zips but contain very large CHD files. Is that right?

For example I have area51.zip with these files inside:
  • 3h
  • 3m
  • 3p
But then there's also a folder called area51 which has one file inside:
  • area51.chd
While the zip file is very small, the chd file in the folder has about 517 MB.
Is that right? Do you guys have that as well?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A little question concerning the MAME 0.78 romset:
In my rom sets I have almost everything in zip files which is like I imagined it to be.
But for a few games there are also folders in the rom folder (with the zip files) that have the exakt same name as a few of the zips but contain very large CHD files. Is that right?

For example I have area51.zip with these files inside:
  • 3h
  • 3m
  • 3p
But then there's also a folder called area51 which has one file inside:
  • area51.chd
While the zip file is very small, the chd file in the folder has about 517 MB.
Is that right? Do you guys have that as well?

Think of the CHD as the "rom" and the small zip as the "booter" (that's probably not the reason but that's what I think it is) :P

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You should consider buying a game for Haxchi or CBHC to directly boot into whatever you need (RetroArch, HBL, ftpiiu).
I'm willing to send you the bucks needed for a Haxchi game via Paypal if you want cause every single guy willing to work a little bit on Wii U's RetroArch is a win for us all.
I'm trying to go further with my wii U than the browserhax .
What is my best option Haxchi or CHBC ? my starting point is a wii U 5.5.1 with blocked DNS .
How can i Buy (access eshop) with the blocked DNS ,must I run NNU-Patcher then access eshop and buy a DS VC game ?
or must I update to 5.5.2 , buy DS vc game then try to browserhax to install haxchi.
I've read the guide but I'm not comfortable with all this and any help will be appreciable.

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to go further with my wii U than the browserhax .
What is my best option Haxchi or CHBC ? my starting point is a wii U 5.5.1 with blocked DNS .
How can i Buy (access eshop) with the blocked DNS ,must I run NNU-Patcher then access eshop and buy a DS VC game ?
or must I update to 5.5.2 , buy DS vc game then try to browserhax to install haxchi.
I've read the guide but I'm not comfortable with all this and any help will be appreciable.

Hello!

I'm pretty sure this isn't the right topic to ask that question, but, I'll answer you anyway. I've done the same about a month ago. Just use NNU-patcher and buy a DS VC game that is supported by Haxchi and install it (I've installed it to the NAND). Then use browser exploit to install Haxchi (pay attention that you need 2 Haxchi folders - one in the root of SD, and the other one in SD:/wiiu/apps/ - both called Haxchi, but with a different contents).

Best regards,
Davor

Reactions: rioray

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello!

I'm pretty sure this isn't the right topic to ask that question, but, I'll answer you anyway. I've done the same about a month ago. Just use NNU-patcher and buy a DS VC game that is supported by Haxchi and install it (I've installed it to the NAND). Then use browser exploit to install Haxchi (pay attention that you need 2 Haxchi folders - one in the root of SD, and the other one in SD:/wiiu/apps/ - both called Haxchi, but with a different contents).

Best regards,
Davor

Thanks for answering , I agree that is not the right place , but as the main motivation of this is RA related ( enable painless RA debuging )
and that the only people I know here, are used to watch this topic ... i was feeling free to post here . sorry for that.

I will try NNU-patcher then , must I update after Haxchi installed ?

Reactions: A Plus Ric

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for answering , I agree that is not the right place , but as the main motivation of this is RA related ( enable painless RA debuging )
and that the only people I know here, are used to watch this topic ... i was feeling free to post here . sorry for that.

I will try NNU-patcher then , must I update after Haxchi installed ?

Since I'm not playing anything online, and using Haxchi + Mocha for Loadiine games from FAT32 HDD and Retroarch, I'm still using 5.5.1.

Best regards,
Davor

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello!

Does anyone know how to load multiple disks in Vice_x64? I have more than a few C-64 games that I would like to play, but most of them consisting of 2 or more .d64 files (usually more than one disk, plus two sides). They are compressed in separate .zip files and filenames have a following structure: GameName (year)(publisher)(disk X of Y Side Z). I've found a way to do this from the command line in Windows, but I can't find any solution for Wii U.

Best regards,
Davor

Anyone with Vice_x64 experience to help me with this? Any help or hint would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Davor

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
cmd line file are just text file with command then emulator read it and execute it just like if you will launch it with this command line ,
i coded this feature specially for console/ android usage. if it's not working with vice on wii U, I will look at later.

I can't test it on wii U until i finish to install Haxchi , I found that Dr kawa brain training was available for free for my wiiu.

but in the download manager i have 2 download :
the console update in error
and the dr kawa in waiting state.
Not sure what i have to do now
B3zMrDC.jpg

Last edited by rioray,

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cmd line file are just text file with command then emulator read it and execute it just like if you will launch it with this command line ,
i coded this feature specially for console/ android usage. if it's not working with vice on wii U, I will look at later.

I can't test it on wii U until i finish to install Haxchi , I found that Dr kawa brain training was available for free for my wiiu.

Hello!

I wasn't aware that Wii U should support those .cmd files too. Thank you for the information. Regarding DS VC game, I've installed Brain Age, but it took some time to install it. It haven't showed in the menu as soon as it was downloaded. Have you used browser exploit before using NNU-Patcher? Installing VC game should go smooth and be pretty straight-forward. Maybe you can try to reboot Wii U, run browser exploit and NNU-Patcher, and then try again.

Best regards,
Davor

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Think of the CHD as the "rom" and the small zip as the "booter" (that's probably not the reason but that's what I think it is) :P
That's what I figured. :D
So the folders should stay at the same place where that "booter" zip is, just like I got it. Thanks ya all.

B3zMrDC.jpg
It's always a bit exhausting to install eShop stuff with blocked DNS but try rebooting the Wii U a few times (and wait after each boot a few minutes while doing nothing) or turn it off and wait for a few minutes.
If that doesn't work as well, run NNU patcher again and wait a bit.
Everytime I bought something with NNU patcher I wasn't able to figure out how to install it but a day later it was on my homescreen and I dunno how that happened. :P

Btw @All: I can't for the life of me figure out how to get thumbnails to work. I tried downloading them with playlist buddy. I tried downloading them from within RetroArch's online updater but they won't show up.
Of course I made sure they are enabled (I set them up to show screenshots of each game).
It's working for me on PC but not on Wii U.

Last edited by lordelan,

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's what I figured. :D
So the folders should stay at the same place where that "booter" zip is, just like I got it. Thanks ya all.

Thanks i finally manage to install haxchi . i follow this solution:
  1. After downloading your DS VC game from Eshop and getting stuck on "pending download", simply unplug your system from the back (Not from the wall outlet)

2. After about 10 seconds, replug the power cable and turn on the Wii U

3. Go to Download Management and the DS VC should now download and the failed system update should be gone

regarding vice , i have just tested to launch turrican2 using cmd file , it load fine.

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks i finally manage to install haxchi . i follow this solution:
  1. After downloading your DS VC game from Eshop and getting stuck on "pending download", simply unplug your system from the back (Not from the wall outlet)

2. After about 10 seconds, replug the power cable and turn on the Wii U

3. Go to Download Management and the DS VC should now download and the failed system update should be gone

regarding vice , i have just tested to launch turrican2 using cmd file , it load fine.

Hello!

Could you tell me where should I put that .cmd file (which folder) and how should I name it? And besides that, how do you run it - do you have to run .cmd file in some way, or it runs automatically when the game loads? Thank you a lot for your help.

Best regards,
Davor

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone confirm that the Retroarch Channel works ...........everytime i try to lauch the Channel it sends me straight back to the WIIU system menu :(
Btw i use MOCHA CFW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1