Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely agree with this statement.
Most issues come from people who don't know how to set this up properly.
I also may add that the latest nightlies do seem stable enough (at least for me).

Can't speak for cucholix's test with the nightlies nor no one else though.

What should we do, or what can we do to curtail that?

Bibasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, sorry being a pain again but I am a bit stuck after installing the Retroarch channel. I opened up Mocha CFW which was fine and installed the retroarch channel which again went fine.

The Retroarch channel is now on my Wii U homescreen. After selecting the retroarch channel, it then prompts me to load core, content etc. I then select FBA CPS3 and the app then takes me back to the WiiU menu. Now I don't know what to do next because if I go back to the retroarch channel, it just takes me back to the Wii U menu. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Has anyone experienced this problem.... I am still stuck on this exact error.

Thanks again

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Also, yesterday was messing around with netplay I could connect my Wii U with @Radius4 PC :P, sadly after struggling to finally get stable connection the GamePad didn't respond to any input, tried with WUPC and nothing, so frustrating to see your P2 in the player select screen do nothing :lol:

Last edited by cucholix,

Bibasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the same issue. To fix it, I had to delete the retroarch.cfg file. I have no idea what causes this.

Unfortunately by deleting the retroarch.cfg file and then by going back to the retroarch launcher via Mocha just crashes to a black screen. I really do not know what I am doing wrong :(

Bibasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you using standalone FBA CPS3? That's pretty old, use FBA.

I have the retroarch channel launcher and also the HBL one. The ones I have tried are FBA and FBA 2012. However when I use the FBA this comes up

15108426893041052728541.jpg

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe its a bad rom because I tried Street Fighter Alpha 3 via the CPS 2 content and that worked fine.

The rom in question is Street Figher 3 the new generation
Gotta be your rom as if you check a few posts back you will see i posted a video of that very game running perfectly.

Edit here is the video so as you don't need to search for it

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Bibasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gotta be your rom as if you check a few posts back you will see i posted a video of that very game running perfectly.

Edit here is the video so as you don't need to search for it

Yes that's the video you sent me the other day and it clearly shows that it is working fine. Maybe it is a bad rom.... However on a different site I found a zip file of Street Fighter 3 and also a couple of CHD files which I never had before.

Do I need these CHD files, or should I just ignore it?

Edit: The game in question is Street Fighter III: New Generation (Euro 970204)

Bibasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes that's the video you sent me the other day and it clearly shows that it is working fine. Maybe it is a bad rom.... However on a different site I found a zip file of Street Fighter 3 and also a couple of CHD files which I never had before.

Do I need these CHD files, or should I just ignore it?

Edit: The game in question is Street Fighter III: New Generation (Euro 970204)

Ok I tried another rom from a different site and exactly the same error. So now I am guessing good rom but bad input by me somewhere :(

GlaucomaGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi i am new into that scene.

I am using a WiiU of my daughter, installed Haxchi (no Coldboot). To play non legit games and injected WiiVC games.

I can do it a lot.
But the one question is on this:

I try RetroArch with latest nightly updates.
On Retro i installed Vice 64 and it started up fine with a well known blue screen with a blinking cursus from the age of C64 Era.

But i have not plugged in a keyboard on WiiU console how i do start game with load and run commands with a gamepad Pro (with a buildin screen)

Vriendly greeting from Holland.
GlaucomaGuy

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Lenovo P2a42 met Tapatalk

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i am new into that scene.

I am using a WiiU of my daughter, installed Haxchi (no Coldboot). To play non legit games and injected WiiVC games.

I can do it a lot.
But the one question is on this:

I try RetroArch with latest nightly updates.
On Retro i installed Vice 64 and it started up fine with a well known blue screen with a blinking cursus from the age of C64 Era.

But i have not plugged in a keyboard on WiiU console how i do start game with load and run commands with a gamepad Pro (with a buildin screen)

Vriendly greeting from Holland.
GlaucomaGuy

Hello!

You should use Load content option, browse to a C64 file (D64, TAP, T64, ZIP...) and load it with a VICE core. You don't have to write a command, RA will do that on its own.

Best regards,
Davor

GlaucomaGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello!

You should use Load content option, browse to a C64 file (D64, TAP, T64, ZIP...) and load it with a VICE core. You don't have to write a command, RA will do that on its own.

Best regards,
Davor
Ah thanks,

I have just lookup in the map Roms within archives with C64 games i have pulled down from No-Intro site..

I saw it when i have extracted the archive and the files that ends with .crt (would it be a Cartridge dump)

It might be a problem.
I seek to another files with a good extensions and not .crt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9