Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the continuous bump, id really like to get to the bottom of these.

2: I have no idea how to customize the XMB. If I run retroarch normally, I notice there is a slight jitterness when cycling through the menus, but when I selected the Beetle PSX core, the XMB color & bg was changed, and the scrolling of the file menus was incredibly smooth, and I could make out what was on my WiiU pad.

3: Is retroarch able to display boxart? I thought all I had to do was download the assets folder, or is there more to it?

4: My Sega CD titles seem to not display correctly? Like it doesn't go all the way to the right, it feels off centered?

5: I cannot edit the buttons within MAME2003, when in "Input (This Game)" I can cycle the cursor, hit A to change the action, but no matter what I press no changes are made. I cant test out Crusin USA/World cause I have to use the Enter button, but I cant set it. :-(

Thank you everyone!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry for the continuous bump, id really like to get to the bottom of these.

2: I have no idea how to customize the XMB. If I run retroarch normally, I notice there is a slight jitterness when cycling through the menus, but when I selected the Beetle PSX core, the XMB color & bg was changed, and the scrolling of the file menus was incredibly smooth, and I could make out what was on my WiiU pad.

3: Is retroarch able to display boxart? I thought all I had to do was download the assets folder, or is there more to it?

4: My Sega CD titles seem to not display correctly? Like it doesn't go all the way to the right, it feels off centered?

5: I cannot edit the buttons within MAME2003, when in "Input (This Game)" I can cycle the cursor, hit A to change the action, but no matter what I press no changes are made. I cant test out Crusin USA/World cause I have to use the Enter button, but I cant set it. :-(

Thank you everyone!

For 2. Some recent changes to the gui has made it sluggish but since the PSX beetle core is older it doesnt have those changes included so it runs faster..
To get the speed back in the gui: If you navigate to Settings>User Interface>Appearance>Menu Color Theme... And set it to "Plain"
This should make the Gui nipper like before :)

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: Traace

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@infidelity If your still having problems with the Sluggish Gui just update to the latest build, looks like it's working perfectly now :)

It's not just faster either the Horizontal Animation is now working correctly. I guess this is thanks to @aliaspider Thank You, it's been a nagging issue for a while. :)
Also for anyone interested in trying the Overlays I'd recommend the Scanline.Cfg Overlay in the Wii folder (if you find the Scanline effect a bit too dark you can adjust the "Overlay Opacity" in the Onscreen Overlay Settings) ;) .. Looks really good on the Gamepad and on the TV ;)

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
@infidelity If your still having problems with the Sluggish Gui just update to the latest build, looks like it's working perfectly now :)

It's not just faster either the Horizontal Animation is now working correctly. I guess this is thanks to @aliaspider Thank You, it's been a nagging issue for a while. :)
Also for anyone interested in trying the Overlays I'd recommend the Scanline.Cfg Overlay in the Wii folder (if you find the Scanline effect a bit too dark you can adjust the "Overlay Opacity" in the Onscreen Overlay Settings) ;) .. Looks really good on the Gamepad and on the TV ;)
I use the 1080 scanline.
I think its the 5x or whatever its called I use.

Reactions: ploggy

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

So the latest build is okay overall? :P

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the latest build is okay overall? :P
Browsing wise I'd say it's close to perfect (or at least on par with all the other ports) :)
Although I have been getting a black screen randomly when loading games (no DSI Error though ?)...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, the pad is 480p :P
LOL that would be why them ;)

EDIT: I'm still getting the bug where the Menu freezes after a clean install (overwriting the cores folder and deleting all CFG files before booting)

To trigger the bug just do a clean install and after the initial boot press right on the controller twice.. the GUI will lock and only the Keyboard Overlay works? (by pressing X, then pressing + will cancel Keyboard)

It only happens on the initial boot.. Once the CFG's are created the Menu doesn't freeze again.

Last edited by ploggy,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I opened an issue for it, maybe you guys @Osakasan @ploggy can give more details, since everyone have a different RA setup

Well, i didn't do a clean install, i'm using a Class 10 Sandisk Ultra 32 GB SD Card on a 8 GB PAL Wii U, i'm using the Wii U Gamepad with no HID devices connected aside of the Gamcube USB adapter.

Also, as CFW i'm using Mocha, loaded via Haxchi. I load Retroarch with the Retroarch Loader channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: lemme ask in forums