Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
500 pages and 10000 replies? Time to celebrate how far Retroarch on Wii U has become! We went from Wii U barely able to play Game Boy games to all sorts of retro systems to play! We've come a long way and the journey still continues. Let's take a moment to thank the people who worked hard to make this happen!
Here Here, Round for applause for our Devs. Thank You for bringing (and continuing to bring) top class Retro Emulation to our lowly WiiU's :P It's been a long ride but look how far we've come.
Well done guys. :grog::toot::bow:

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It slowed down a bit, but I recently saw gblues on Discord saying that he'd get back into it and finish HID support off. Sorry that it's taken so long!
We're probably not going to have hard-coded configs; I was asking around for examples so I could design a new system of configs that would maintain compatibility.

Great, thanks for the update.

500 pages and 10000 replies? Time to celebrate how far Retroarch on Wii U has become! We went from Wii U barely able to play Game Boy games to all sorts of retro systems to play! We've come a long way and the journey still continues. Let's take a moment to thank the people who worked hard to make this happen! I should be sleeping right now..

As the 10000th poster, I hereby declare the project a success :) Thanks to everyone involved!

I believe this has the potential to be one of the best fixed-hardware versions of Retroarch. Considering that the Wii U can play Wii U, Wii and Gamecube games natively, and SNES and earlier systems flawlessly (with very low lag) via Retroarch, this makes the console the ultimate Nintendo machine... Switch be damned :P

(Also, consider this: Wii U, Wii, Gamecube, SNES, and NES games can all be played directly with their official Nintendo-made controllers; Gamecube via Nintendo GC adapter, and NES/SNES via their respective Classic edition controllers. Amazing!)

Last edited by R0B0T0,

BQuail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want my classic controller, if it is connected, to assume player 1. If it is not, I want the gamepad to assume player 1. Is there ANY way to make this happen? other than manually changing it every time.

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
500 pages and 10000 replies? Time to celebrate how far Retroarch on Wii U has become! We went from Wii U barely able to play Game Boy games to all sorts of retro systems to play! We've come a long way and the journey still continues. Let's take a moment to thank the people who worked hard to make this happen! I should be sleeping right now..

Just an amazing trip. I'm a moron when it comes to homebrew but I've been following this version of retroarch since the early days and the progress is astonishing. I'm really grateful for the effort by anyone involved in this, from the core project itself to other key things like the channel and even the support in this thread. Pure awesomeness all around.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, guys! I have a question: I have Retroarch installed via the Retroarch Forwarder Channel that's available on the OP. It's on 1.7.0. Is there any way for me to update it to 1.7.1 via the Retroarch itself, maybe through Online updater?

I redownloaded the Retroarch Channel file, but it still says it was last modified on Sept. 13th of 2017 and is exactly the same size as the previous one I had, so I'm pretty sure it's not the most up to date... AFAIK, the Retroarch Channel already has the .rpx file embedded into it, so I can't manually update it, right? So, considering all of this, what are my options?

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Well there are two possibilities.
On PC / Android retroarch links to the cores dynamically and in that case you have to update RA independently
On consoles though, there are no dynamic libraries, so basically each core contains a full copy of retroarch, so if you update just one core, you'll only update RetroArch for that core

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well there are two possibilities.
On PC / Android retroarch links to the cores dynamically and in that case you have to update RA independently
On consoles though, there are no dynamic libraries, so basically each core contains a full copy of retroarch, so if you update just one core, you'll only update RetroArch for that core
Is it possible to get Netplay Direct working on WiiU at all? or is relay the only option for WiiU?

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
All the code is platform independent, BUT RetroArch is failing to start a host (on Relay mode the host is a client too)
That needs to be fixed first

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: