Country
Canada

haxorhs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Then whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about lol.

Anyway, with your guide all went well. I wonder why the instructions said to use DSONEi SDHC YSMenu.
1672945788702.png

I used the R4i-SDHC YSMenu from your compatibility list for my 2016 r4isdhc.com cart and it worked. Thnx!

Reactions: lifehackerhansol

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize DS rom fixes for YSMenu are mostly considered ancient memory, but I am really bothered by this phenomenon that I cannot explain. The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks (USA) (Rev 1) will not load in YSMENU using the r4patch.dat in the TTMENU folder. For reference I am using the R4-Clone YSMenu from RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.06 with a N5DS flash card. I have tested many USA games and only z131 - Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks, The (v01) CRC32: 319A13E5 Game serial: NTR-BKIE-USA fails to run.

I attempted to fix this game via infolib.dat and extinfo.dat entries but found the dats already had entries. The European (Rev 1) release runs fine.

Now for the weirdness. In my preparation to edit infolib and extinfo (before I used TTdT_b4 to determine the game already had entries in each dat) I followed the procedure to dump the infolib data (BKIE_79941A2D.LIB for Spirit Tracks (Rev 1)) using r4patch.dat generator with the byte at address 0x0001D33C patched from 07 -> 02 as per the included instructions. This r4patch.dat is placed in the YSMenu TTMENU folder and overwriting the already present file. I then start YSMENU and run the game with DMA and Reset disabled as per the instructions and the game not only boots but plays fine with train controls functional. This seems like a happy accident except games that run with the original r4patch.dat will no longer run with the patched r4patch.dat. Why would this single byte modified on a custom r4patch.dat designed for generating infolib data enable this finnicky rom to load with all other games failing to load (while all games load fine with the original YSMenu r4patch.dat? Obviously an edit to YSMenu r4patch.dat is needed to remedy this game while preserving the compatibility of the other games that run fine. Not sure anyone is still tinkering with YSMenu anymore but this issue is like a fly buzzing around my head and I figured I would make a post here to see if anyone skilled enough may take a few minutes to see if it an easy fix. I apologize in advance as I mentioned the European game runs fine, my OCD has kicked in and I desire to run all USA games on the latest game revision if possible. Thank you for your time to anyone who reads this post and to any capable person who may take a crack at it.

Last edited by stl25,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Seems the AP patch cheat does not work for the game The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Track (USA) (Rev 1), as I manually created the offset patches in extinfo.dat and the rom loads without issue in YSMenu. @DeadSkullzJr not sure if this is something you may be inclined to take a peak at. If so I appreciate your efforts.

vanzan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a DS Lite and an r4ids.cn card from nds-card.com. I searched this thread and apparently it won't work with this. Could someone recommend a compatible card please?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a weird phenomenon I came across...

Soul Bubbles NTR-YLEE-USAA CRC32:4192FA85
Tamagotchi Connection - Corner Shop 2 NTR-AG8E-USA CRC32:A1D64835
Trioncube NTR-A3OE-USA CRC32:C616B23E

These 3 titles have infolib.dat entries only but will only launch for me in YSMenu if I load them on a DS Lite (do not have a DSi to test). Loading on a 3DS results in white or black screen. Does anyone know if there are any differences between how a 3DS handles DS titles compared to native DS/DSi hardware? It seems weird that they only load on DS and I assume DSi. If someone with both a DSi and 3DS could test these titles and see if it occurs for them as well I would be really appreciative. No other games have displayed this issue for me, so color me intrigued as to why these 3 want to be outliers. Obviously running the titles under Wood firmware works, I have just been having fun getting all my US region games to run in YSMenu.

Update: Had and epiphany... I set the 3DS to the correct time/date and the games load without issues in YSMenu. Hard to believe that was the issue as I am sure other titles use the clock feature for gameplay, yet only these titles were adversely affected by it.

Last edited by stl25,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a 2018 model card specifically the "R4 SDHC Dual-Core 2018" url :r4isdhc.com that has a timebomb.

I have seen BL2CK_1.30.4 (update that one doesn't work), wood r4 v1.62 and YSMenu for R4i-SDHC recommend for it so no clue what to use.

Here is the official kernel in this forum:

https://gbatemp.net/download/kernel...e-dual-core-snoopy-upgrade-r4isdhc-com.37072/

Help?

Edit: Tried all the non official firmwares. Only YSMenu for R4i-SDHC works but the compatibility is terrible many OLD games don't work. Don't get this card.

Last edited by raxadian,

pokemondiamondversion

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah it also says DSONEi SDHC YSMenu in the How To Install instructions for the R4i-SDHC YSMenu primary kernel too, got a bit confused when trying to update my R4 sdhc gold pro 2020 until a day later when i realised lol

nanderer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i began to create a german translation, unfortunately i cant test everything do to missing hardware (compatible slot2flashcard). Maybe someone could test it. Also the software seams to have problems with some german special chars (ö and ß), others work...

Also i would appreciate if some other German native speaker could review the translation, especially contextual matching language....

(excuse my english)

Hi,

ich habe angefangen eine deutsche Übersetzung anzufertigen, unglücklicherweise kann ich diese nicht richtig testen da mir entsprechende Hardware fehlt... Vielleicht könnte jemand hier mit deutschkenntnissen einmal genauer hinschauen, auch scheint die Software einige probleme mit Umlaut ö und ß zu haben, andere umlaute funktionieren aber (oder an anderen Stellen)...

Des weiteren würde ich es begrüßen wenn jemand anderes der gut deutch spricht meine übersetzung berprüft, besonders auf kontextuell angemessene Sprache...

regards/Gruß,
nanderer

Attachments

• YSMenu ini with German translation.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: zfreeman

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is the r4i 3ds upgrade sdhc dual core 2019 model compatible?
In the opening post you can find the list of compatible flashcards: if yours is not mentioned it means it is not compatible. Checking takes a few seconds: perhaps you want to delegate this small effort to others?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i wasting time trying to use a 32GB sd card with an R4 card?

I have loads of them even 3DS that says works on all models NDS/NDSL/NDSi/NDSi XL

I have no clue what I am doing wrong but all i get it white screen with a folder in red saying menu?

I have tried alsorts, but the above I am confused with its reedme where it says:
PRIMARY Kernel :
Extract the files from the DSONEi SDHC YSMenu folder and copy to root of your µSD :

Games folder
TTMenu folder
R4.dat
TTMenu.dat

But in the directory i dont see R4.dat
1695459851298.png

I am trying to get my WiFi R4i v4.5 3DS card to work, i have a blank sd card (32GB FAT32)

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
am i wasting time trying to use a 32GB sd card with an R4 card?

I have loads of them even 3DS that says works on all models NDS/NDSL/NDSi/NDSi XL

I have no clue what I am doing wrong but all i get it white screen with a folder in red saying menu?

I have tried alsorts, but the above I am confused with its reedme where it says:
PRIMARY Kernel :
Extract the files from the DSONEi SDHC YSMenu folder and copy to root of your µSD :

Games folder
TTMenu folder
R4.dat
TTMenu.dat

But in the directory i dont see R4.datView attachment 395464

I am trying to get my WiFi R4i v4.5 3DS card to work, i have a blank sd card (32GB FAT32)
You're meant to use the folder corresponding to your cart, which wouldn't be the DSONEi folder for you.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're meant to use the folder corresponding to your cart, which wouldn't be the DSONEi folder for you.
I was reading its readme which first said to copy files from one directory which I did.

I have no idea what im been retarded and getting wrong, maybe its the cart kernel, but on their website i see loads of different carts but dont look identical to mine.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I was reading its readme which first said to copy files from one directory which I did.

I have no idea what im been retarded and getting wrong, maybe its the cart kernel, but on their website i see loads of different carts but dont look identical to mine.
You should be using the contents of R4i-SDHC, assuming your cart says r4i-sdhc.com on the label.

This folder is specifically for the R4i carts from : www.r4i-sdhc.com

The following clone carts can also use this:
ALL 2014-2019 carts from : www.r4isdhc.com
R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution : www.r4i-sdhc.com.tw
R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution : www.R4i-dshc.com
R4DSiXL3D : www.r4dsixl3d.com
R4i Advance (v3.0 kernel) : www.r4i-advance.com
R4-IIIi (v4.03 and v4.04 kernel) : www.r4dsl.net
R4i SDHC Revolution (v2.07 kernel) - www.r4sdhc.com
R4i SDHC Revolution : www.r4i.cn
R4/i Pocket : www.r4ipocket.com
R4i-Gold : www.r4i-gold.eu
R4i-Gold v1.4.1 : www.r4i-gold.com
R4i-Gold 3DS : www.r4i-gold.cc
R4iSDHC Revolution : www.r4ita.com
R4xDS : www.r4xds.com

That being said, it's kind of a crapshoot which R4(i) clones are going to work and which will not, and there's at least some brick risk assumed. Being careful, as you are, is probably a good thing. Have you considered trying TWLMenu++ instead and seeing if that works for you?

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong