Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

jimgun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello my friends, could anyone tell me if any of these Flashcards are compatible!
Thanks in advance for the amazing work!

Attachments

• IMG_20221205_120804.jpg
    IMG_20221205_120804.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 80

Ack4nj0

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I have a Nintendo DSi on version 1.4.5U and r4itt DSI/NDSL and I dont find any link work for me, anyone help me?
back.jpg
front.jpg

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a Nintendo DSi on version 1.4.5U and r4itt DSI/NDSL and I dont find any link work for me, anyone help me?
View attachment 341835View attachment 341834
The BL2CK kernel should be correct for that. I don't think it works on unmodded 1.4.5, so you'll probably also need to install CFW (including Unlaunch) to unblock it. With CFW it should either work from the DSi Menu or loading from Unlaunch's menu I think.

Whatever you do, do not run YSMenu, the topic of this thread, on it. That will permanently brick the cart.

robb912

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to double check, if I want to run YSMenu as my primary kernel (non dual boot) for my R4I-SDHC clone I shouldn't copy over YSMenu.nds but instead R4.dat? And I also assume the part about using "DSONEi SDHC YSMenu folder" is a typo and I should use the R4I-SDHC folder?

xHunterx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, is r4 gold pro (2020) compatible with ysmenu? I have seen several videos on YT where if it works to skip the time bomb imposed in 2024 or end of 2023. In the tutorial it says they are ALL 2014-2019 carts from : www.r4isdhc.com, the latest kernel is from 2018 despite being a 2020 R4, I don't know if it would be compatible.

In case of not being compatible, could I remove the time bomb by simply delaying the date of the console?

As it does not let me put the image I put a link (of the image) of the card that I have verified that it is exactly the same.
Thank you, I hope you can help me.

https://cf.shopee.com.co/file/fc94c5401f00b3d497deaaea04c6ffcc

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, is r4 gold pro (2020) compatible with ysmenu? I have seen several videos on YT where if it works to skip the time bomb imposed in 2024 or end of 2023. In the tutorial it says they are ALL 2014-2019 carts from : www.r4isdhc.com, the latest kernel is from 2018 despite being a 2020 R4, I don't know if it would be compatible.

In case of not being compatible, could I remove the time bomb by simply delaying the date of the console?

As it does not let me put the image I put a link (of the image) of the card that I have verified that it is exactly the same.
Thank you, I hope you can help me.

https://cf.shopee.com.co/file/fc94c5401f00b3d497deaaea04c6ffcc
This is compatible with YSMenu.

Consider using it. Compatibility overall better on YSMenu than on that stock thing.
Post automatically merged:

So just to double check, if I want to run YSMenu as my primary kernel (non dual boot) for my R4I-SDHC clone I shouldn't copy over YSMenu.nds but instead R4.dat? And I also assume the part about using "DSONEi SDHC YSMenu folder" is a typo and I should use the R4I-SDHC folder?
Indeed it is a typo. Use R4i-SDHC YSmenu.

Reactions: xHunterx

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone confirm if they are able to get the Operation Decoded Digimon Story Lost Evolution patched rom to work with YsMenu? I am using an old TTDS to run it, and I am getting -4 with the patched rom.

I tried running the unpatched rom on the TTDS and it worked fine, and then I tried running the patched rom with DeSmuME on MacOS and that also ran fine, so the only combination that doesnt work is the patched rom + ysmenu

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pretty much all of the R4s from r4isdhc and R4i-SDHC are literally the same cart with the same hardware. The Supercard Onei and DSTT use the same kernel (for TTMenu and ysmenu.) The M3 is my personal favorite due to bias but it should work the rest. I don’t know anything about the others.
Personally, I would use either the DSTT or one of the the R4isdhc carts since their kernel setup will translate across multiple carts with easy set up. Using the DSTT/YSmenu launcher renamed to work on DSOnei will still allow it to work the same on the DSTT. Using the R4iSDHC launcher will work across all of the carts with the same hardware.

Reactions: SylverReZ

hg_ginta

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone confirm if they are able to get the Operation Decoded Digimon Story Lost Evolution patched rom to work with YsMenu? I am using an old TTDS to run it, and I am getting -4 with the patched rom.

I tried running the unpatched rom on the TTDS and it worked fine, and then I tried running the patched rom with DeSmuME on MacOS and that also ran fine, so the only combination that doesnt work is the patched rom + ysmenu
Same exact issue here sadly. The file size also decreased after applying the translation patch..? I would really appreciate a solution very much.

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Same exact issue here sadly. The file size also decreased after applying the translation patch..? I would really appreciate a solution very much.
Yeah my rom also decreased in size after the patch which I thought was weird, but since it works in the emulator I don’t think it’s a problem :huh::huh:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: we getting azomk3d with this one