Buffed Paddler
Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://discord.gg/j2WEHzE

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how can i edit the sprites
you make bunch of extraction and decompression of the bin file (or use the bin from the source code) then put in a software like cystal tile 2 (while using GBA 4BPP) and extract the image in BPM edit, import save the bin and compile using the source code

It's hard

Reactions: W hat

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the modding server, i was used to a modder. We've only figured out Tengoku like 4 months ago (Cue and music and a little bit of music). And we dosen't seem to know about 2 revision.
Oh, sorry then.
Also by the way: Do you somehow remember how to change the font and how do you extract these bin file for graphical modification?
Look at the original font hack IPS. That hacks the font and nothing else. It should patch a specific section of the ROM that has the font. I edited that with CrystalTile2.

how can i edit the sprites
Best I can say is look at the source code.
where? I would like to give a look
https://discordapp.com/invite/ps4rq53

Reactions: Sliter and Shaffy

Shaffy

Buffed Paddler
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for helping me out, i'm actually doing an French translation of the game and there not accent that an great problem in french to not have accent

Shaffy

Buffed Paddler
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Uhm, little help needed here:

So as what i see the font (address: 8CCAE8) is copied from Japan version to the Atlas rom (that has been patched with the script) then copied to the en rom (patched by the font 4px hack).
But when i change the font in any of the version, it's does nothing?
(Please contact me on Discord: Shaffy#2866)

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We chatted on Discord and Shaffy has solved the issue.

you posted the Font Hack 4.ips

that file hacks the font.

if you are asking how to hack the font, that file should tell you. just diff the raw ROM with the patch in HxD
---

are you able to find english text in the game?

credits at the end have english text

Reactions: Shaffy

Shaffy

Buffed Paddler
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Beta 11b - March 11, 2019 - Or link to the github with the source code (and it's compilable without searching 68 pages for finding the executables (yes i'm talking of you atlas.exe).

This has a translated Debug Menu, and other things aswell xD... anyway, have fun.
(Yes, there is an Flash Memory Test)
(I also showed in the github link, how to access Debug Menu)

kOhBx9k.png

Last edited by Shaffy,

dg125

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, congrats on rebooting/restarting the RHS project, Shaffy! I know you'll do great!

Second,
(I also showed in the github link, how to access Debug Menu)

Yes, you say that, yet I look through the GITHUB link and I see no debug menu instructions. Edit: nvm i i found it lmao Other than that, I have nothing else to say except repeat myself saying "good job" and all that. :/

Last edited by dg125,
Reactions: Shaffy

Shaffy

Buffed Paddler
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Release beta-13a - Source Code on Github
I did It! I have found a way to change the OAM that mean that more "complicated graphics" can be made into the game!
Also the Rhythm Tengoku Modding Server have a place for the EN/FR patch, so if you want to like make an issue report or a recommandation or even contribute you can do it by joining the Discord server (or issue tracker, cough cough): https://discord.gg/EwcWhVF

Changelog:
(+) Trio on Tour changed to The Snappy Trio (Thanks to @Tickflow for the The Snappy Trio title card graphics)
(+) Vegeta-Pull (2) changed to Rhythm Tweezers (2) (Thanks to TheNewOrchestra for the title card graphics)
(+) Cosmo Dance changed to Cosmic Dance (Thanks to @Tickflow for the title card graphics)
(+) Cheese Heist changed to Rat Race (Thanks to TheNewOrchestra for the title card graphics)
(+) Other thing you can't understand.

Last edited by Shaffy,

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping with a bummer.

This post is solely my opinion; I haven't consulted with anyone else who worked on this translation.

I just found out Nick Robinson made a video about this translation. The video is months old at this point. I'm not a subscriber, so I missed the video.

Nick has been repeatedly accused of sexually harassing women.

https://kotaku.com/polygon-parts-ways-with-nick-robinson-following-twitter-1797735272

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/nick-robinson-matt-conn-sexual-harassment-abuse/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoolGamesI...y_people_close_to_nick_arent_accepting_nicks/

He made an apology that is, in my opinion, halfhearted and insincere. He did admit to "advances [that] were unwanted or handled very poorly." Since then, he's continued covering games on YouTube and asking for donations on Patreon.

Nick Robinson: Stop playing the translation I wrote text for. Get off the Internet and repair the damage you've done.

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
Bumping with a bummer.

This post is solely my opinion; I haven't consulted with anyone else who worked on this translation.

I just found out Nick Robinson made a video about this translation. The video is months old at this point. I'm not a subscriber, so I missed the video.

Nick has been repeatedly accused of sexually harassing women.

https://kotaku.com/polygon-parts-ways-with-nick-robinson-following-twitter-1797735272

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/nick-robinson-matt-conn-sexual-harassment-abuse/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoolGamesI...y_people_close_to_nick_arent_accepting_nicks/

He made an apology that is, in my opinion, halfhearted and insincere. He did admit to "advances [that] were unwanted or handled very poorly." Since then, he's continued covering games on YouTube and asking for donations on Patreon.

Nick Robinson: Stop playing the translation I wrote text for. Get off the Internet and repair the damage you've done.
I originally saw the video when it came out, in my opinion he did do a good job in explaining the translation and the franchise.
I had no Idea about the convictions, I agree with you.
keep it up with the translation and If you ever need any debuggers or beta testers I will mostly be available to help...

tlilley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say this translation was what got me to play Rhythm Heaven for the first time many years ago, and I have since fallen in love with the series. Very happy to see that there is a more recently updated version for me to check out! I will have to do that next. Thanks to everyone who has helped make this translation possible over the years!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...