Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
On June 1, 2023, RiiConnect24 will be deprecating the old server used to provide DNS services (164.132.44.106) and you can no longer connect to RiiConnect24 using that DNS. Additionally, that DNS is used by some people to enjoy games online using Wiimmfi using Wii or DS. You will have to change the DNS on that as well. In order to continue using RiiConnect24, you must change your DNS to the following on your Wii and/or DS...

Primary DNS: 167.86.108.126​

Secondary DNS: 1.1.1.1​

Thank you for the continued support of RiiConnect24.

P.S. Be sure to join our Discord to receive important updates regarding RiiConnect24, as we are no longer using Twitter as a form of communication because of the state of the platform because of Elon Musk and other reasons.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just letting anyone know as off nintendont 487+ people who have riiconnect24 will have random crashes and issues with nintendont, due to how fix94 implemented bba emulation on nintendont even offline games like 007 agent under fire will not be able to load the second mission and instead load the opening and crash if you have riiconnect24 running, not sure what happen but im guessing nintendont now uses memory that riiconnect24 uses and keeps messing up nintendont in multiple ways so be aware that riiconnect24 breaks alot of nintendont games and makes many randomly crash if you are using nintendont versions higher than 487

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, on light of that I'd probably consider uninstalling Riiconnect, I hope there's a safe way of doing it, because I am afraid Fix94 won't come back.

Is there a list of games with issues because of this?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, on light of that I'd probably consider uninstalling Riiconnect, I hope there's a safe way of doing it, because I am afraid Fix94 won't come back.

Is there a list of games with issues because of this?
any game can have issues, its a matter of luck really, it depends if what nintendont stores there is critical or not for instance pso games randomly crash if riiconnect24 is active, but again any game can have the issues even if you are not using bba like 007 agent under fire issue.

Reactions: Maeson

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's really unfortunate... Thanks for the answer.

Are this issues still there if you have Riiconnect turned off? I've honestly only had it on exactly when I wanted to use it and nothing else. I'll look for a guide to uninstall it for now...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Are this issues still there if you have Riiconnect turned off? I've honestly only had it on exactly when I wanted to use it and nothing else. I'll look for a guide to uninstall it for now...
not sure if having it off changes or not, its best to notice if you try agent under fire and try starting the second mission. that is a guarantee fail. to see if it still does anything, not sure if just being installed keeps doing stuff in the background or not, i would guess it still does imo.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I will find some time to test tomorrow, then.
Post automatically merged:

not sure if having it off changes or not, its best to notice if you try agent under fire and try starting the second mission. that is a guarantee fail. to see if it still does anything, not sure if just being installed keeps doing stuff in the background or not, i would guess it still does imo.

Well, I ended up getting a bit of time yesterday and tried 007: Agent Under Fire, NTSC-U version. After fighting with the controls for a while (Setting 3 seems to be the one I like the most) I played and I got to Mission 3, when you get the typical cool toy car with missiles and such, of course playing through the entire Mission 2, which has you shooting helicopters and cars as you're being chased.

Everything went well. At first I thought it crashed on Mission 2, but it was just my TV changing video modes, as it starts with an FMV (it also ends with an FMV), and it seems this game's programmed to reset the video mode whenever has to play one. Kinda curious, I don't recall many GC games that need to do that after maybe the initial logos and FMV when booting.

I don't know what more to say, honestly, I noticed nothing wrong. I always have Wifi and Wii/Riiconnect turned off, only turn them on when I'm going to do something that requires it.

Last edited by Maeson,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Well, I ended up getting a bit of time yesterday and tried 007: Agent Under Fire, NTSC-U version. After fighting with the controls for a while (Setting 3 seems to be the one I like the most) I played and I got to Mission 3, when you get the typical cool toy car with missiles and such, of course playing through the entire Mission 2, which has you shooting helicopters and cars as you're being chased.

Everything went well. At first I thought it crashed on Mission 2, but it was just my TV changing video modes, as it starts with an FMV (it also ends with an FMV), and it seems this game's programmed to reset the video mode whenever has to play one. Kinda curious, I don't recall many GC games that need to do that after maybe the initial logos and FMV when booting.

I don't know what more to say, honestly, I noticed nothing wrong. I always have Wifi and Wii/Riiconnect turned off, only turn them on when I'm going to do something that requires it.
so having it off is enough i guess, but most people that use riiconnect24 just let it on all the time because they have a weird need to get that news channel and weather channel updated on boot...

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
just letting anyone know as off nintendont 487+ people who have riiconnect24 will have random crashes and issues with nintendont, due to how fix94 implemented bba emulation on nintendont even offline games like 007 agent under fire will not be able to load the second mission and instead load the opening and crash if you have riiconnect24 running, not sure what happen but im guessing nintendont now uses memory that riiconnect24 uses and keeps messing up nintendont in multiple ways so be aware that riiconnect24 breaks alot of nintendont games and makes many randomly crash if you are using nintendont versions higher than 487
How in the world does a GameCube game performance get affected with RiiConnect24? What the hell are you saying? 🤔

I've not received a single message that claims RiiConnect24 breaks Nintendont. RiiConnect24 probably won't even be running when you're on Nintendont.

What deducted you to believe that it causes the problem?

so having it off is enough i guess, but most people that use riiconnect24 just let it on all the time because they have a weird need to get that news channel and weather channel updated on boot...
Forecast and News require WiiConnect24 and standby mode to be turned on, or else it won't allow you to access em.

I wouldn't uninstall it just because of his claim. Pedro claims RiiConnect24 is messing with Nintendont, even though I know that he knows lots of Nintendont related stuff this really sounds incorrect. I'm confused. Can you simply turn BBA emulation off? Why would offline games be affected if you're using BBA emulation?

Update, I mentioned this to a person which also said they heard of this issue but this is the first time that I'm hearing of this. They also experienced crashing. I guess that the WiiConnect24 scheduler task is partially in the way, maybe turning off access to the KD module on IOS would help? By the way I'm sorry if I was rude but I was surprised. I would have to investigate after Thanksgiving but I would hope this gets fixed on Nintendont even if FIX94 isn't very active since this is on them to fix it because this would specifically be an issue with all things which make use of WiiConnect24.

Last edited by Larsenv,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's why I tested with a game that pedro702 said always had an issue before doing anything.

I guess I could turn on Wifi and try again. I updated the DNS, but I won't be able to test until I get home on the evening.

I always have the Wiiconnect on On, but the Standby setting off (never liked that, even less with all the talks about the issues it can cause), I hope that's not important.

Are there other known games that are supposed to cause this issue? Because I have not experienced any sort of crash or weird thing besides Pro Rally 2002 getting stuck in loading screens some times, but it happened before the BBA update I believe.

But I must admit I've never tried anything related to BBA... I only played PSO offline.

Sorry again for the double post, but I actually tried.

First I tried if I truly had Riiconnect24 still, and if it worked, using my wired connection (Setting 3 on my Wii). I tried the Everybody Votes channel. Questions loaded fine, I sent some votes, and everything seemed to be in working order. So I'd argue Riiconnect works, and I went ahead with the test on Nintendont.

Nintendont Version 6.499, by the way. I know there's a 6.500 version but as far as I've read, the changes are just stuff for Wii U that doesn't concern me, I play on Wii.

First, with my wired connection, and updated DNS for Riiconnect24. BBA Emulation turned off.
Mission 2 ran without problems.

Second, again my wired connection, updated DNS, and BBA Emulation turned on, using the same Setting and I use for Wii stuff, the third one.

Both times I started the Mission fine, played the exact same, I beat the mission, saw the FMV and got back to the menu to start the third Mission.

I don't know what else to test, I haven't found anything.

Last edited by Maeson,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's why I tested with a game that pedro702 said always had an issue before doing anything.

I guess I could turn on Wifi and try again. I updated the DNS, but I won't be able to test until I get home on the evening.

I always have the Wiiconnect on On, but the Standby setting off (never liked that, even less with all the talks about the issues it can cause), I hope that's not important.

Are there other known games that are supposed to cause this issue? Because I have not experienced any sort of crash or weird thing besides Pro Rally 2002 getting stuck in loading screens some times, but it happened before the BBA update I believe.

But I must admit I've never tried anything related to BBA... I only played PSO offline.

Sorry again for the double post, but I actually tried.

First I tried if I truly had Riiconnect24 still, and if it worked, using my wired connection (Setting 3 on my Wii). I tried the Everybody Votes channel. Questions loaded fine, I sent some votes, and everything seemed to be in working order. So I'd argue Riiconnect works, and I went ahead with the test on Nintendont.

Nintendont Version 6.499, by the way. I know there's a 6.500 version but as far as I've read, the changes are just stuff for Wii U that doesn't concern me, I play on Wii.

First, with my wired connection, and updated DNS for Riiconnect24. BBA Emulation turned off.

Second, again my wired connection, updated DNS, and BBA Emulation turned on, using the same Setting and I use for Wii stuff, the third one.

Both times I started the Mission fine, played the exact same, I beat the mission, saw the FMV and got back to the menu to start the third Mission.

I don't know what else to test, I haven't found anything.
all i know is i got 3 people that had riiconnect24 and they all had issue with this game, and i asked them to turn off wifi so riiconnect24 wouldnt be active and that solved their issues , this happened 3 times now you can follow one of the person on this issue here he was using nintendont 500 btw.

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/1067

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Okay... Let's go by parts.

There are two versions of Agent Under Fire, 1.0 and 1.1. I've tested 1.1 but I don't know if that makes any difference.

Could that person have a faulty IOS when trying to install Riiconnect?

The signal "issues" he mentions are kinda confusing to me. If he's talking video signal, that might mean his TV does not support 240p, as the videos are 240p.

Maybe Riiconnect is not used during homebrew stuff if Standby Mode is turned off? Because I had Riiconnect on, and Standby off...

I just don't know anymore...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay... Let's go by parts.

There are two versions of Agent Under Fire, 1.0 and 1.1. I've tested 1.1 but I don't know if that makes any difference.

Could that person have a faulty IOS when trying to install Riiconnect?

The signal "issues" he mentions are kinda confusing to me. If he's talking video signal, that might mean his TV does not support 240p, as the videos are 240p.

Maybe Riiconnect is not used during homebrew stuff if Standby Mode is turned off? Because I had Riiconnect on, and Standby off...

I just don't know anymore...
this is the 3rd person that this specific issue happened and yeah i believe to get full use of riiconnect24 you need standby mode set to on imo, just try stand by mode on wifi on and agent under fire second mission, and yeah the video issues are another thing but loading the first cut-scene instead of the correct cut-scene has happened to 3 people all on this game and all had riiconnect24 and they all got it fixed by disabling wifi or riiconnect24.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
this is the 3rd person that this specific issue happened and yeah i believe to get full use of riiconnect24 you need standby mode set to on imo, just try stand by mode on wifi on and agent under fire second mission, and yeah the video issues are another thing but loading the first cut-scene instead of the correct cut-scene has happened to 3 people all on this game and all had riiconnect24 and they all got it fixed by disabling wifi or riiconnect24.

I wonder if disabling our DNS would help

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If it was the DNS, wouldn't be easy to solve? Configure 2 of the 3 Connection slots, one for Nintendont with no DNS tweaks, and one for the rest with Riiconnect's DS.

Because you have to input one of the three connections on Nintendont, you would just set the one with no DNS settings and that should be it, right?

But then again, that person in github says that even with no dns he had the problem...AND he also says the found out some people had the issue playing the game normally from the disc without nintendont.

I guess I will try tomorrow with standby on just to be sure...

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried again, this time with Standby On on top of the Wii/Riiconnect 24 On and the DNS settings.
The game still works. Mission 2 loads fine. I even tried version 1.00 of the game, and I see no differences.

I am really starting to believe there is something weird with their ios settings or something, or my Wii is just magic.

Just to be sure, I tried with the latest Nintendont, 6501, plus my previous 6499. I even tried with the MMMod version that you can find here:

https://send0r.de/MMMod.html

And it loaded fine.
I even tried an Nkit version of the game, it worked just as the normal iso.

I am sorry, I am out of ideas.

Last edited by Maeson,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried again, this time with Standby On on top of the Wii/Riiconnect 24 On and the DNS settings.
The game still works. Mission 2 loads fine. I even tried version 1.00 of the game, and I see no differences.

I am really starting to believe there is something weird with their ios settings or something, or my Wii is just magic.

Just to be sure, I tried with the latest Nintendont, 6501, plus my previous 6499. I even tried with the MMMod version that you can find here:

https://send0r.de/MMMod.html

And it loaded fine.
I even tried an Nkit version of the game, it worked just as the normal iso.

I am sorry, I am out of ideas.
could be that there was a version of riiconnect24 or ios that did this on the past or something and some people installed it, i dont have riiconnect24 and never did so i never tryed it myself who knows.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If I could identify what version of Riiconnect I have, maybe it could help. I installed it, I think, in March 2020 (if the IOS wads I have lying around are to be trusted).

@Larsenv Can you help me there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo