OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

In case any of you had missed it, I just wanted to warn you that my latest project (in collaboration with @Kaiser_Gummi ) has been released, and that “Zangeki No Reginleiv” is finally available in English!

You’ll find the video with the download links below: in case you have any difficulties getting the videos, the links under the description should work too, and if you meet any other obstacle, please leave a message here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/riivolution-patch-zangeki-no-reginleiv-translation-for-wii.578575/

I guess this is all for now! My next project is a Wiiware, so the patching instructions will be a bit different.

It’s still very early, but the game seems to have silly humor in it (which I’ll try to adapt my best, considering the limited amount of characters I’ll have).

I’ll leave you with an example and a screenshot to guess… Let’s meet again in a few months!

Screenshot:
fj0Bwr8.png

Japanese dialog:

“じゃ、あんたはただの暴徒じゃない!”

(“Then you’re just a mob!”)

(暴徒 for “boto” = ”mob”)

“…な、何言ってやがる! 俺はボートでもヨットでもねェ!”

(“What do you mean? I’m not -on- a boat or a yacht!”)

(ボート for “bōto” = “boat”)

Translation:

“Then you’re just a mob!”

“… What do you mean? You take me for a broom!”

Reactions: swosho and Nomado

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

Like some of you had it guessed already, my next project will be a Wiiware!

So, I've created a new thread which you can check at the following address:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/line-attack-heroes-english-translation-for-wii.586680/

As you can see, it's going very well so far, but I'll probably hit a wall with some names and sentences that will have to be heavily rephrased... well anyway, enjoy this first glimpse for the time being, everybody has a nice WE.

TrueBenjamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! New here and figured this was the appropriate place to ask for help.

I've been installing the English patch to the Takt of Magic iso with wiimms via cmd prompt with little success. I think it's for sure a location issue as I wasn't sure where to place any of the files before opening cmd prompt but the Takt iso is simply called TAKT.

Any help is appreciated.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Help! New here and figured this was the appropriate place to ask for help.

I've been installing the English patch to the Takt of Magic iso with wiimms via cmd prompt with little success. I think it's for sure a location issue as I wasn't sure where to place any of the files before opening cmd prompt but the Takt iso is simply called TAKT.

Any help is appreciated.
Hello and welcome @TrueBenjamin .

First, can you check if you can actually open wit with the command prompt?

Remember you have to be in the folder where wit.exe is located, and use the address bar to open the command prompt (type "cmd") : don't use the windows taskbar!

If you are in the correct folder, you'll get the following screen. Otherwise "wit" will be identified as "unknown" by the cmd prompt:
wit.JPG

If everything went well, you should be able to extract your iso by typing "wit extract takt.iso TAKT" (where "TAKT" is the name of the folder where the extracted files will be).

Then follow the instructions from the readme, and please come back if necessary!

Have a good evening!

TrueBenjamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and welcome @TrueBenjamin .

First, can you check if you can actually open wit with the command prompt?

Remember you have to be in the folder where wit.exe is located, and use the address bar to open the command prompt (type "cmd") : don't use the windows taskbar!

If you are in the correct folder, you'll get the following screen. Otherwise "wit" will be identified as "unknown" by the cmd prompt:
View attachment 352109

If everything went well, you should be able to extract your iso by typing "wit extract takt.iso TAKT" (where "TAKT" is the name of the folder where the extracted files will be).

Then follow the instructions from the readme, and please come back if necessary!

Have a good evening!
Okay so I've gotten the menu open, but where should I have the iso located and the folder to extract the contents into? I seem to get an error that reads:

C:\Program Files\Wiimm\WIT>wit extract TaktofMagic.iso TAKT
***** wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v3.05a r8638 cygwin64 - Dirk Clemens - 2022-08-27 *****
!! wit: ERROR #76 [CAN'T OPEN FILE] in SetupReadSF() @ src/lib-sf.c#447
!! Can't open file: TaktofMagic.iso

C:\Program Files\Wiimm\WIT>

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Okay so I've gotten the menu open, but where should I have the iso located and the folder to extract the contents into? I seem to get an error that reads:

C:\Program Files\Wiimm\WIT>wit extract TaktofMagic.iso TAKT
***** wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v3.05a r8638 cygwin64 - Dirk Clemens - 2022-08-27 *****
!! wit: ERROR #76 [CAN'T OPEN FILE] in SetupReadSF() @ src/lib-sf.c#447
!! Can't open file: TaktofMagic.iso

C:\Program Files\Wiimm\WIT>
What is the name of your iso exactly? In your previous message, you wrote it was named "TAKT.iso", but the error message states that you tried to extract "TaktofMagic.iso"?

Also, the iso should be located in the same folder as WIT.exe ; the folder for the extracted content will be automatically created as a subfolder when the process is over.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Good evening everyone,

Just came by to tell you I released a new version of the "Takt of Magic" English translation patch.

Nothing major, but I replaced the Japanese "Warning screen" and "Wii menu" by their English counterparts : I think it gives the game a more polished aspect (I've done that with my last translations), and I'll probably update my other patches too!

Hope this will give it a more "official" vibe.

Have a good night!

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5756/

ROSJ01_2023-08-18_21-02-52.png

Reactions: zfreeman and oji

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Nice touch, thank you. Did you consider translating the exit to a Wii menu confirmation screen too?
I think this one might depend on the region of your disc, considering even the translators of Fatal Frame IV (which I believe is the closest to an official release I've ever seen on Wii) had left it in Japanese.

Fun fact : most of the games I've translated (except for Takt, which was the reason I initially started with this one) have the "home button" menus for all languages on disc!

All the more reasons for me to believe it's region related (not to mention I can't find the sentence in the files, including main.dol).

I believe you can change the region for discs just as you can with WADs, so maybe I'll look into it one day.

But really, it doesn't seem to be translation related.

Reactions: oji

Smannesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nothing major, but I replaced the Japanese "Warning screen" and "Wii menu" by their English counterparts : I think it gives the game a more polished aspect (I've done that with my last translations), and I'll probably update my other patches too!

First, thanks for all your hard work in making it so we non-Japanese speaking/reading people can enjoy these titles.

Second, quick question. I saw two other projects got the same treatment and you made some hefty video downloads available for them but not for Takt, does Takt not need translated video files?

Thanks!

Reactions: wiiAdventurer

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
First, thanks for all your hard work in making it so we non-Japanese speaking/reading people can enjoy these titles.

Second, quick question. I saw two other projects got the same treatment and you made some hefty video downloads available for them but not for Takt, does Takt not need translated video files?

Thanks!
Hello,

Takt of Magic doesn't have any video telling the story in Japanese : the only videos on disc are Orvil using magic (which has no Japanese in it at all), and a "promotional" video that would trigger if you don't press button at the title screen.

While the latter does have some Japanese in it, it's only for advertisement, so I left it as it was.

Have a nice day.

Smannesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

Takt of Magic doesn't have any video telling the story in Japanese : the only videos on disc are Orvil using magic (which has no Japanese in it at all), and a "promotional" video that would trigger if you don't press button at the title screen.

While the latter does have some Japanese in it, it's only for advertisement, so I left it as it was.

Have a nice day.
Thanks for the very fast reply and a nice day to you too.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hi :3
Someone play online this game???
The Ranks dont update in my wii, so i can´t connect :/
I've played the game online a few years ago with @Maeson (we had to patch our isos for it to work), but as I tried to redo it when I released the update, I couldn't connect anymore.

I don't think it's related to @barronwaffles 's patch, since I tried "Reginleiv" (which can be patched as well), and it seemed to work.

But Takt has always been very random with the connection (Maeson and I had a hard time being connected at the same time, and we kept being disconnected), which is a shame, considering the arenas are exclusive to this mode (especially the "Space Invaders" one, it's fun).

I'm willing to do some tests with you if you want : maybe the reason it doesn't work is you're the only one online when you try?

Let me know in PM, and have a nice day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?