Hacking Feedback Homebrew RIP, psv.altervista.org

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On January 20, 2023, due to still unknown circumstances, Google deleted the Drive account where all the custom themes physically resided and, despite regular appeal, refused to restore it.

This is just the latest straw of a very problematic 2022 for the repository, with the well known problems had in the last year between the limited bandwidth quota imposed by the provider and Google Drive space limits which often caused very long and demanding data transfer and mirroring processes between new accounts, in the middle a hacking attempt with subsequent full restore, all this combined also with the very low interest we have received from users in supporting this project on Patreon (with only 3 supporters in the last year...) and the fact that one by one all the moderators and collaborators jumped ship, leaving for the 2023 the whole repository management on the shoulders of a single person. And so, well, today this umpteenth unfortunate event drove that single person to give up and to sadly announce the definitive closure of this online repository for PSVita custom themes.

Anyway, before leaving you it is necessary to say a big thank you to all the users who supported the repository in the past years, from collaborators and moderators to contributors. Of course even the Patreon page of the repository has now been closed so don't worry, you will no more be charged from now on. Lastly, thank you also to all the authors who have supported the PSVita custom themes scene over the past 7 years, without your creations this repository would have had no reason to exist from beginning.

Goodbye

http://psv.altervista.org/

This blows. Are there any plans for anyone to create a successor?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On January 20, 2023, due to still unknown circumstances, Google deleted the Drive account where all the custom themes physically resided and, despite regular appeal, refused to restore it.

This is just the latest straw of a very problematic 2022 for the repository, with the well known problems had in the last year between the limited bandwidth quota imposed by the provider and Google Drive space limits which often caused very long and demanding data transfer and mirroring processes between new accounts, in the middle a hacking attempt with subsequent full restore, all this combined also with the very low interest we have received from users in supporting this project on Patreon (with only 3 supporters in the last year...) and the fact that one by one all the moderators and collaborators jumped ship, leaving for the 2023 the whole repository management on the shoulders of a single person. And so, well, today this umpteenth unfortunate event drove that single person to give up and to sadly announce the definitive closure of this online repository for PSVita custom themes.

Anyway, before leaving you it is necessary to say a big thank you to all the users who supported the repository in the past years, from collaborators and moderators to contributors. Of course even the Patreon page of the repository has now been closed so don't worry, you will no more be charged from now on. Lastly, thank you also to all the authors who have supported the PSVita custom themes scene over the past 7 years, without your creations this repository would have had no reason to exist from beginning.

Goodbye

What do you mean by mirroring accounts in your first paragraph there?

That’s likely why Google terminated the drive that’s a big Nono for their TOS

Zaiakursed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Goodbye

I just posted this on another thread, I'm sorry, I didn't saw this first.. I'll delete that now..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    In my experience women like a big shift stick with lots of power.
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol...