• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

roeVwade:Same-sex couples updating legal status after Supreme Court’s decision on abortion (Jay Reeves) [+CNN clip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My argument that the right to life is the supreme right and comes before any other has never been challenged. Feel free to argue how body autonomy rights are needed if you are dead. I'll wait.
Oh, I am just done with you from this post out. It’s clear you are arguing in bad faith and just going to ignore every argument you can’t counter. It’s also clear that you are going to project and inject your bullshit into the conversation as a sad attempt to control the conversation. That’s just sad and obvious, also not worth my time to care about you when I know you what you are doing.

Reactions: LainaGabranth

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I am just done with you from this post out. It’s clear you are arguing in bad faith and just going to ignore every argument you can’t counter. It’s also clear that you are going to project and inject your bullshit into the conversation as a sad attempt to control the conversation. That’s just sad and obvious, also not worth my time to care about you when I know you what you are doing.
That's what I thought. You can't counter my argument so you are gonna get pissy, grab your ball and go home. Bye Felicia. Next time, you don't have to announce your exit. Just get up and walk out. Nobody cares.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, the right has to resort to personal attacks when they can't affirm why someone has to be forced to carry a child against their will.
I'll keep that in mind every time I get called a fascist and white supremacist. I'm not sure if it's possible for the left to project any harder than you are now, but I'm sure you find a way.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep that in mind every time I get called a fascist and white supremacist. I'm not sure if it's possible for the left to project any harder than you are now, but I'm sure you find a way.
No one has ever been called a fascist or white nationalist just for disagreeing with someone.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So anyways, abortion is a human right, and that's based.
This^ abortion is a human right, same-sex marriage is a human right, and trans rights are human rights.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, I'm just correct. No one has been called a white nationalist or a fascist for having a different opinion. Ever.
But a lot of people sharing a suspiciously large amount of neo-Nazi and White Nationalist talking points sure claim it happens a lot 🤔

Reactions: LainaGabranth

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who are the "anti-fascist" struggling against then?
The sentence "People are not called fascists for disagreeing with them" does not mean "There are no fascists." Trump, for example, openly played to nationalism, racial essentialism, the othering of dissent, and hyper authoritarianism, all of which are the biggest points in the titular 14 fascism.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~rsc/Editorials/fascism.html

So, antifa was fighting against fascist groups, such as the Proud Boys, who openly *support* these policies.

Reactions: smf and The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The sentence "People are not called fascists for disagreeing with them" does not mean "There are no fascists." Trump, for example, openly played to nationalism, racial essentialism, the othering of dissent, and hyper authoritarianism, all of which are the biggest points in the titular 14 fascism.

So, antifa was fighting against fascist groups, such as the Proud Boys, who openly *support* these policies.
I bet the next thing he’s going to post is another attempt to control the conversation and spin the narrative in his favor. He’s as predictable as the other that spew out the same shit

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling it now, this will be his dumbass response.

1657815606149.png
SEE? SEE? IT SAYS ELECTION FRAUD, THAT MEANS JOE BIDEN IS LITERALLY HITLER!!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The decision has been made and there's nothing you can do about it except sit here and cry about it.
This reminds me of the time that Trump wanted the vote counting because they had counted more Trump votes than Biden Votes. You don't get to call time on anything

50 years ago they decided that Roe vs Wade was valid, then some bitter and twisted people cried about it for 50 years and the worst US president ever loaded the supreme court with some miscreants and now it's not.

If there was something your lot could do, then there is something that we can do.

A minority can't force the majority to change, no matter how triggered you are.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This reminds me of the time that Trump wanted the vote counting because they had counted more Trump votes than Biden Votes. You don't get to call time on anything

50 years ago they decided that Roe vs Wade was valid, then some bitter and twisted people cried about it for 50 years and the worst US president ever loaded the supreme court with some miscreants and now it's not.

If there was something your lot could do, then there is something that we can do.

This. Righties said "Trump's gonna win, there's nothing you can do!"

Look at that. He lost a fair election.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hillary not being in jail is not affecting the 9.1% inflation rate or high gas prices.

Then don't whine about Biden not getting the job done and try to pass it off as a win, considering the gas prices in particular have been fluctuating for years, not just the past year.

Supreme Court Justices do not make law or run the administrative state. Take a civics class so you can understand the functions of the branches of government. Damn dude. Talk about embarrassing oneself.

Who's embarrassed? You literally said there are no Republicans running the government, even after the Republican led Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade. It's almost like you have no idea what politics are and how they work.

They've been talking about peak oil since the 70's. Same with all the climate change predictions, they never come true. Only braindead leftists still believe anything coming from the climate cult.

So climate change is a farce? You sure you're equipped to handle the L from that conversation? You can't even keep up with the abortion debate.

I'm talking about the oil leases that Biden canceled. You know, the one thing the left doesn't want to talk about because it actually affects supply and prices. Russian-Ukrainian war, lol. Gas prices were rising before that even started. Don't be stupid.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/27/biden-suspends-oil-and-gas-drilling-in-series-of.html

I don't mind talking about oil leases. Let's talk about it.

Oil is a finite resource and something needs to be developed before we run out.

Thoughts?

Yes, I'm aware gas prices were increasing before the Ukrainian -Russian war. That's why I highlighted several examples instead of just that.

There you go cherry picking again, as if no one else could read what I posted and see you dodge facts like you're in a Matrix movie.

The only person making a fool of ximself here is you. You are not the brightest of the people who have spent the last few weeks sparring with me.

No, probably not the brightest, but judging on your inability to deal with actual facts and 75% of the questions posited to you, I can at least confidently say I'm a hell of a lot brighter than you.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Being a nationalist does not make one a fascist. Every country's citizens want what is best for their country, except for the American left. You guys are the outlier.

The rest of your dribble never happened.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's funny how the most triggered people on this thread keep saying that others are triggered. :rofl2:

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then don't whine about Biden not getting the job done and try to pass it off as a win, considering the gas prices in particular have been fluctuating for years, not just the past year.

Who's embarrassed? You literally said there are no Republicans running the government, even after the Republican led Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade. It's almost like you have no idea what politics are and how they work.

So climate change is a farce? You sure you're equipped to handle the L from that conversation? You can't even keep up with the abortion debate.

I don't mind talking about oil leases. Let's talk about it.

Oil is a finite resource and something needs to be developed before we run out.

Thoughts?

Yes, I'm aware gas prices were increasing before the Ukrainian -Russian war. That's why I highlighted several examples instead of just that.

There you go cherry picking again, as if no one else could read what I posted and see you dodge facts like you're in a Matrix movie.

No, probably not the brightest, but judging on your inability to deal with actual facts and 75% of the questions posited to you, I can at least confidently say I'm a hell of a lot brighter than you.
The Supreme Court does not run the government. That would be the Executive and Legislative branches. The Judicial is just there to keep the other two in check and prevent the authoritarianism the left craves.

Been hearing about ice free arctic almost my entire life. Still hasn't happened. In fact, not a single prediction has come true. Weird.

I'm all for developing new technologies for energy. Solar panels and windmills are not it. And right now, China has the market cornered on rare earth minerals used to make batteries. I'd like for you to persuade me why it is a good idea to become even more beholden to the CCP than we already are.

You mentioned Ukraine. The Resident blames high gas prices on that situation, even calling it Putin's Gas Tax. I have to assume you believe it's true.

I've dealt with every question posed to me. If I inadvertently missed one, you can chalk it up to me normally coming on here to over 10 alerts with multiple "questions" or flat out stupid remarks. Not necessarily from you so don't take it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A