• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

roeVwade:Same-sex couples updating legal status after Supreme Court’s decision on abortion (Jay Reeves) [+CNN clip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how the most triggered people on this thread keep saying that others are triggered. :rofl2:

So uh, you?

The Supreme Court does not run the government. That would be the Executive and Legislative branches. The Judicial is just there to keep the other two in check and prevent the authoritarianism the left craves.

Well it's a good thing no one said the Supreme Court runs the government. You said there are no Republicans running the government. I pointed out that there are Republicans everywhere, including the Supreme Court, which is relevant cuz they were important recently. For some reason..

Been hearing about ice free arctic almost my entire life. Still hasn't happened. In fact, not a single prediction has come true. Weird.

Oh man, much like Christianity. Except the difference is the science is there to back up the progression, even though the end result hasn't happened up. It's like, currently developing and stuff.

I'm all for developing new technologies for energy. Solar panels and windmills are not it. And right now, China has the market cornered on rare earth minerals used to make batteries. I'd like for you to persuade me why it is a good idea to become even more beholden to the CCP than we already are.

So what do you suggest? Nuclear? Even if wind and solar weren't optimal, those resources will never run out, unlike oil. Science is currently still working on improving these technologies, which have been hampered over the years due to lobbying by oil companies specifically, among others by abroad. You guys wanna continue depending on oil until we run out without supporting any foray into other alternatives, what then? Unless you're directly working on research into oil alternatives, you don't really have much to go on in the way of denying anything that's been presented.

You mentioned Ukraine. The Resident blames high gas prices on that situation, even calling it Putin's Gas Tax. I have to assume you believe it's true.

Not really. I'm not so naive as to place the blame of a global wide oil issue on the president of one nation that's barely been in office for two years. I'm not implying Biden is hands free, but it's a pretty close minded thing to assume he's the only one to blame and not even use any kind of deductive reasoning to enlighten your way of thinking.

I've dealt with every question posed to me. If I inadvertently missed one, you can chalk it up to me normally coming on here to over 10 alerts with multiple "questions" or flat out stupid remarks. Not necessarily from you so don't take it personally.

I don't take anything on here personally, but I appreciate the sentiment.

But that's why a few of you are getting told to "keep up". Try only taking one or two conversations on at a time. It's easier to control and you won't have to worry about defending your position based on conjecture you haven't seen. Just a little advice.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's funny how the most triggered people on this thread keep saying that others are triggered. :rofl2:
Yes, it is funny how you are the most triggered person and keep saying that others are triggered.

Even more funny, is that you you would bring it up.

Solar panels and windmills are not it.
Please tell us why, I could do with a laugh.

Though you would have to go some to top Trump...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/15/why-trump-hates-wind-turbines/

Been hearing about ice free arctic almost my entire life. Still hasn't happened. In fact, not a single prediction has come true. Weird.
So the melting polar ice caps, which you can visibly see, are not an indication to you that they will eventually all melt.

You want to wait until it's too late to do anything about it, before you do anything about it?

That is kinda like saying, there is no evidence that dropping a plugged in toaster into your bath will kill you because you haven't dropped the toaster in the bath yet.

Last edited by smf,

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Gay couples can't marry unless they marry to the opposite sex, otherwise it is not marriage. Abortion is murder. If we did not live in an age of extreme affluence, we would not have time nor energy to prioritize such philosophies in our life.
So you're just homophobic and sect member.
Many words to just tell this.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So uh, you?

Well it's a good thing no one said the Supreme Court runs the government. You said there are no Republicans running the government. I pointed out that there are Republicans everywhere, including the Supreme Court, which is relevant cuz they were important recently. For some reason..

Oh man, much like Christianity. Except the difference is the science is there to back up the progression, even though the end result hasn't happened up. It's like, currently developing and stuff.

So what do you suggest? Nuclear? Even if wind and solar weren't optimal, those resources will never run out, unlike oil. Science is currently still working on improving these technologies, which have been hampered over the years due to lobbying by oil companies specifically, among others by abroad. You guys wanna continue depending on oil until we run out without supporting any foray into other alternatives, what then? Unless you're directly working on research into oil alternatives, you don't really have much to go on in the way of denying anything that's been presented.

Not really. I'm not so naive as to place the blame of a global wide oil issue on the president of one nation that's barely been in office for two years. I'm not implying Biden is hands free, but it's a pretty close minded thing to assume he's the only one to blame and not even use any kind of deductive reasoning to enlighten your way of thinking.

I don't take anything on here personally, but I appreciate the sentiment.

But that's why a few of you are getting told to "keep up". Try only taking one or two conversations on at a time. It's easier to control and you won't have to worry about defending your position based on conjecture you haven't seen. Just a little advice.
If you want a Supreme Court to just make up laws and rights, the only answer I have for you is to start winning elections. It seems lately, every time the left wins one, you guys get more upset. I remember in 2018 when the Dems won the House and you people were so happy until you figured out that the Senate was the key. Now that you've won all of Congress and the Presidency, you still can't win. That's gotta be frustrating, but I can totally relate. Reminds me of 2010 and 2016 getting stabbed in the back by RINO's.

Comparing one religion to another is not the gotcha you think it is.

I'm talking about a technology that has not been developed yet, but nuclear would be a huge help right now. I bet Germany is wishing they had nuclear plants now that Russia isn't selling them natural gas anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they revolt this winter.

We have more oil than any single country in the world. Once that spigot was turned off, a large percentage of available oil dramatically dropped. Less supply, more demand = higher prices. It's not hard to figure out, but I keep having to explain this simple detail of Econ 101 to you. Why?

Except if I didn't answer every loon on here, I'd get accused of avoiding facts or something. The guy going on and on about kidneys is really entertaining though, but I think I finally shut him up so it's getting a little easier to manage. I've even started commenting on actual tech threads here, lol.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is funny how you are the most triggered person and keep saying that others are triggered.

Even more funny, is that you you would bring it up.

Please tell us why, I could do with a laugh.

Though you would have to go some to top Trump...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/15/why-trump-hates-wind-turbines/

So the melting polar ice caps, which you can visibly see, are not an indication to you that they will eventually all melt.

You want to wait until it's too late to do anything about it, before you do anything about it?

That is kinda like saying, there is no evidence that dropping a plugged in toaster into your bath will kill you because you haven't dropped the toaster in the bath yet.
I've never accused anybody of being triggered, but continue living in your fantasy world.

For one, the sun is not always shining and they are still very inefficient. Wind mills only last for a few years and then they are buried in landfills because fiberglass is not recyclable. They also kill birds and the wind is also not always blowing. But batteries, you say. Yes, let's be beholden to the one country that has cornered the rare earth mineral market used to make batteries, China. Not sure about you, but I would rather not be even more dependent on a government that runs actual concentration camps. Your mileage may vary.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/02/26/wind-turbine-blades-colorado-landfills/

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-weather/arctic-sea-ice-second-highest-18-years-end-2021-rrc/

The problems with climate science are one, they deny that the climate is always changing and two, the climate is cyclical. It's been both warmer and colder than it is now in Earth's past, even during human domination of the planet.

You all have been chicken little for so long and we've seen so many predictions come and go, that nobody really cares anymore. We just want cheap gas and cheap food, or we will all end up like Sri Lanka.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gay couples can't marry unless they marry to the opposite sex, otherwise it is not marriage. Abortion is murder. If we did not live in an age of extreme affluence, we would not have time nor energy to prioritize such philosophies in our life.
What philosophies are you talking about? Philosophy has nothing to do with legal arrangement of marriage. Same-sex couples are getting married and whatever philosophy or reality you are living in doesn’t change that. Abortion is also not murder, it’s a medical practice and human right. Your philosophy doesn’t change that nor is it ok to force anyone to follow whatever philosophy you are following.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I've never accused anybody of being triggered, but continue living in your fantasy world.

For one, the sun is not always shining and they are still very inefficient. Wind mills only last for a few years and then they are buried in landfills because fiberglass is not recyclable. They also kill birds and the wind is also not always blowing. But batteries, you say. Yes, let's be beholden to the one country that has cornered the rare earth mineral market used to make batteries, China. Not sure about you, but I would rather not be even more dependent on a government that runs actual concentration camps. Your mileage may vary.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/02/26/wind-turbine-blades-colorado-landfills/

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-weather/arctic-sea-ice-second-highest-18-years-end-2021-rrc/

The problems with climate science are one, they deny that the climate is always changing and two, the climate is cyclical. It's been both warmer and colder than it is now in Earth's past, even during human domination of the planet.

You all have been chicken little for so long and we've seen so many predictions come and go, that nobody really cares anymore. We just want cheap gas and cheap food, or we will all end up like Sri Lanka.
Yes, climate is cyclical. The temperature will raise due to human intervention, then life will become less and less viable to our species, then our number will fall dramatically, and then the emissions will go down and the earth will cool once again. Fight against oil and carbon emissions is not an earth problem, it is a mankind problem.

Edit: I forgot to comment about Siri Lanka, well they invaded public buildings, so it is the same that happened in the USA, but they did it in a massive scale, that's the difference.

Also, to USA become Siri Lanka, it needs to get waaaaaay better. Sure, USA have the money, but the cultural heritage and the landscapes from Siri Lanka are light years better.

Reactions: smf

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, climate is cyclical. The temperature will raise due to human intervention, then life will become less and less viable to our species, then our number will fall dramatically, and then the emissions will go down and the earth will cool once again. Fight against oil and carbon emissions is not an earth problem, it is a mankind problem.

Edit: I forgot to comment about Siri Lanka, well they invaded public buildings, so it is the same that happened in the USA, but they did it in a massive scale, that's the difference.

Also, to USA become Siri Lanka, it needs to get waaaaaay better. Sure, USA have the money, but the cultural heritage and the landscapes from Siri Lanka are light years better.
This is off topic, but you obviously have no idea what is going on over there right now.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

With Climate Change it'll be harder to play the Nintendo Switch outdoors. I can't last in extreme heat without overheating and putting itself to sleep.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Climate Change it'll be harder to play the Nintendo Switch outdoors. I can't last in extreme heat without overheating and putting itself to sleep.
I think what annoys me the most about this post is that some people genuinely would not understand the devastating impact of climate change without it.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a nationalist does not make one a fascist. Every country's citizens want what is best for their country, except for the American left. You guys are the outlier.

The rest of your dribble never happened.
I actually am against nationalism personally but I did not, actually, say that nationalism is fascism. I see why you're on the right, your education must have been very poor. Shame you support the people responsible for that.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a Supreme Court to just make up laws and rights, the only answer I have for you is to start winning elections. It seems lately, every time the left wins one, you guys get more upset. I remember in 2018 when the Dems won the House and you people were so happy until you figured out that the Senate was the key. Now that you've won all of Congress and the Presidency, you still can't win. That's gotta be frustrating, but I can totally relate. Reminds me of 2010 and 2016 getting stabbed in the back by RINO's.

Comparing one religion to another is not the gotcha you think it is.

I'm talking about a technology that has not been developed yet, but nuclear would be a huge help right now. I bet Germany is wishing they had nuclear plants now that Russia isn't selling them natural gas anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they revolt this winter.

We have more oil than any single country in the world. Once that spigot was turned off, a large percentage of available oil dramatically dropped. Less supply, more demand = higher prices. It's not hard to figure out, but I keep having to explain this simple detail of Econ 101 to you. Why?

Except if I didn't answer every loon on here, I'd get accused of avoiding facts or something. The guy going on and on about kidneys is really entertaining though, but I think I finally shut him up so it's getting a little easier to manage. I've even started commenting on actual tech threads here, lol.

Nobody said about anything about the Supreme Court having absolute rule over anything. I even went out of my way to ensure I wasn't implying it.

I didn't compare religions, I compared the idealogy behind certain Christian principles such as prediction to that of what you're claiming science predicts. I would go over that part again.

What technology? Do you have any relevant ideas that could help?

Because you have yet to realize that just because we have oil that doesn't mean it's infinite. Why do I have to explain that concept to you?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually am against nationalism personally but I did not, actually, say that nationalism is fascism. I see why you're on the right, your education must have been very poor. Shame you support the people responsible for that.
Everybody knows the, what does the left call it, dog whistle when you call somebody a nationalist, you really mean fascist.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody said about anything about the Supreme Court having absolute rule over anything. I even went out of my way to ensure I wasn't implying it.

I didn't compare religions, I compared the idealogy behind certain Christian principles such as prediction to that of what you're claiming science predicts. I would go over that part again.

What technology? Do you have any relevant ideas that could help?

Because you have yet to realize that just because we have oil that doesn't mean it's infinite. Why do I have to explain that concept to you?
You're mad because the left doesn't control one out of three branches of government because your ideology demands you have complete control. :rofl2: There lies why the left is so salty on here. Every time you guys win an election, it never quite feels like you are winning. I totally get it.

Climate science is a religion, similar to other religions. You have a creation story, you have your religious leaders like Dr. Fauci, and you have an end of the world if we don't repent story.

I'm not that kind of engineer, but there are some pretty smart people out there that could do something. That person could have been born already, but they might have been aborted. Shame.

I am well aware that oil is a finite resource. I never said it was infinite. You once again assumed and projected your belief system onto me. Typical religious fanaticism there.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
You're mad because the left doesn't control one out of three branches of government because your ideology demands you have complete control. :rofl2: There lies why the left is so salty on here. Every time you guys win an election, it never quite feels like you are winning. I totally get it.

Climate science is a religion, similar to other religions. You have a creation story, you have your religious leaders like Dr. Fauci, and you have an end of the world if we don't repent story.

I'm not that kind of engineer, but there are some pretty smart people out there that could do something. That person could have been born already, but they might have been aborted. Shame.

I am well aware that oil is a finite resource. I never said it was infinite. You once again assumed and projected your belief system onto me. Typical religious fanaticism there.
Climate Science can be 100% proven wrong. It still snows. Liberals get pwned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1