Ruby Gilman: Teenage Kraken

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Didn't Disney already have a cartoon about misunderstood sea monsters disguised as humans? Luca?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh... oooooooh... another black mermaid... that... started as a redhead...
tsssss-verguenza.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Watched it just now.

It's fun.

The trailer is very misleading, in a bad way. The movie is more subtle in how it handles the plot and the twists.

Anyway. Like too many modern animated films the focus is on generational divides and overbearing parents, which, honestly, is starting to grate. It should have ended with A Goofy Movie. Instead it's everywhere. "I just wanted what's best for you" is back in vogue AND HOW. The villain is a complete side story. A catalyst, but taking a back seat to the "getting your parents to apologize" thing.

Anyway.
Whole bunch of fast and funny gags that don't linger, literal tons of background detail, the visual design is great, so much visual storytelling in just the design of the buildings, I love it. I want little toy models of every house and every car and every ship, they are cute as hell.

The rest of the movie you can take or leave alone. Can't say I recommend it to anyone, can't say I didn't enjoy it.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.