*RUMOR* Leaked NX Controller

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Well, this might be the "GamePad" of the NX whilst sometime later they'll release a "Pro Controller" (= traditional controller) so it's not totally unrealistic to expect from Nintendo making dumb decisions like this. Back on the NES-NGC days they kept gimmicks to a minimum (yes there was the NES/SNES guns but totally optional unless games that made use of it + that R.O.B. the Robot w/game) but now they're forcing it upon games.

My time with Nintendo games might be coming to an end because I'm just tired of having to own different controllers in order to play a game.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The NX is supposed to be a hybrid console, and the controller is supposed to act as a standalone handheld console, right? Or did I get it confused with some other announcement/rumor?

Anyway, unless the thing is the size as well as the shape of an American football, what with the thumbs covering half the screen and the corners missing, the thing has as much effective screen area as a GBA. I remain skeptical.

odVRbhI.jpg

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Can someone explain to me what's the issue with the controllers "obstructed" screen?
Wouldn't the area that's obstructed be covered up with a bezel on a normal controller anyway?

To me it's just added visibility not subtracted.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
No buttons, no triggers?!!??

WTF?!

How we are suppose to play fast paced games like CoD on this.....thing?

Only good thing is the Screen. OLED Anyone?

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone explain to me what's the issue with the controllers "obstructed" screen?
Wouldn't the area that's obstructed be covered up with a bezel on a normal controller anyway?

To me it's just added visibility not subtracted.
Here's the point I'm making visualized. How can one say the NX design (A) is obstructed compared to a standard controller + screen layout (B)?

nintendopatent12.10610.png

Seems like a smart design decision to me. I don't think that alone will translate to better games but it can't hurt.

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No so smart when you think about the fact that the system (in its current state) is wasting more power to render a wider screen which will be partially blocked off by your hands.
It's literally a waste of energy.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
No so smart when you think about the fact that the system (in its current state) is wasting more power to render a wider screen which will be partially blocked off by your hands.
It's literally a waste of energy.
This same argument could be made against tablets and phones. They're doing alright it seems.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm...honestly not sure how I feel about this, fake or not. I mean, based on the patent images alone I have been skeptical. Unless there's more going on with the triggers and underside of the unit, I'd think it would be hard to keep a decent hold on the thing (giggity). The lack of proper buttons also makes me uneasy. It's an interesting idea, as developers could potentially program as many or as few buttons as needed, but I've had enough of trying to get my phone touchscreen to listen to me, much less a game controller (I barely tolerate playing slow-paced GameBoy Color games on my phone touchscreen). This is certainly an interesting idea, I'm just not sure right now how practical it is for proper gaming. Time will tell I guess.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that fucking thing is real?? have fun losing again with the NX nintendo i will not buy it. they might as well keep it exclusive to japan that's the only place this piece of shit will sell :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one