Canada

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Here's the point I'm making visualized. How can one say the NX design (A) is obstructed compared to a standard controller + screen layout (B)?

View attachment 43371

Seems like a smart design decision to me. I don't think that alone will translate to better games but it can't hurt.

There's still a problem though, even in that cropped display setting regarding buttons and/or a D-pad. If we know Nintendo, there will be VC, and simply imagining a button layout is problematic. We are all used to the cross-button and D-pad layout. To put something like that on there and NOT have it block the display would mean the display itself would be extremely small.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's a good thing. Rather than Microsoft and sony sticking to the same tired formula over and over, they're producing the same game year after year with nothing new included. Nintendo are trying new things and creating new ways to play, constantly pushing the boundaries. Why scarper their creativity? Do you want to see some crappy mobile pokemon game, you know it won't be good ?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Maybe this is a part of the full controller... That can be used as a stand alone portable system, but also fits into a dock which features face buttons and triggers for more traditional gaming.

Kinda like a Dreamcast VMU on steroids.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe this is a part of the full controller... That can be used as a stand alone portable system, but also fits into a dock which features face buttons and triggers for more traditional gaming.

Kinda like a Dreamcast VMU on steroids.

There were rumors that it was going to be a portable/console hybrid, where you can take the portable part with you out and about and continue playing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm pretty sure the next gen PS will have the features of this new nintendo controller.

Difference is, are there any titles on a PS worth playing anymore?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Anyone here remembers the Nokia N-Gage? This kinda looks like a hybrid between a New N-Gage and a Vita. In fact, this'd probably be what the N-Gage would have been if Nokia had released a newer model. Pretty sucky, I might add. No physical buttons is a huge deal breaker.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this is real, maybe it's for the best that it's leaked now and instead of E3 where the backlash will be a million times worse. Or more likely, they will show a new "final" design and we'll all breathe a sigh of relief that it's not the same as the leaked pictures.

In the end, it's down to Nintendo to show us what this hardware is capable of like they did with the Wii and DS instead of releasing a hardware and expecting third party developers to jump on it.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What if Nintendo has struck gold with emulating the pressure points of a physical button on a touch screen. That could be ground breaking. Then suddenly the lack of physical buttons make sense. However if it's just like your phones, kinda lame.

D

Deleted User

Looks a little too easy to break.
Drop it a foot off the ground? Screen shatters.
If this ends up being the controller, I won't be able to trust myself enough to use one without dropping and breaking it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No buttons, no triggers?!!??
WTF?!
How we are suppose to play fast paced games like CoD on this.....thing?
I'm guessing with this type of design, the buttons would be touch buttons with haptic feedback, triggers may simply be invisible because they're on the back, and you're not supposed to play FPS games on dual analog anyway, so... :tpi:

D

Deleted-355425

if they dont have 2 sets of sholder buttons they will fail just like the vita lol.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks really cool to me. The lack of physical buttons on the face of the controller probably indication it's touch sensitive. I liked the Wii controllers, not the Wii-U so this will mix things up if it's indeed genuine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety