Gaming RUMOR: New XGD3 format explained + Consequence for pirates

A

A7mag3ddon

Well it would seem that the If/who/ when has now been answered with the new dashboard being distributed this week, and it does indeed re-flash your dvd drive, probably to allow support of xGD3.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't panic - the Sega Saturn used a similar system where the outer ring of the disc (unreadable by a normal cd player) was used for anti-piracy checks. One fairly simple to apply modchip later, CD-Rs are running fine. The Dreamcast introduced GD-roms which could not be copied (lol). Wii modchips - ring any bells ? Solutions to these kind of issues tend to appear eventually. It's like a red rag to the hacker community (God bless 'em!)

A similar situation will develop here - XGD3 will be studied, understood and eventually bypassed.

Also, a JTAG solution for "At-the-moment-un-JTAGable-boxes" is starting to appear....... Looks interesting, if in need of a little tuning.

I don't care. I will buy Fifa12 and Battlefield3 originals as I would have done anyway. The rest of the dross I can wait for lol

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you resurected an old subject.
Non jtagable units. Do you mean reset hack by any chance?
Lets face it - last decade was a golden era of console piracy. Initially nobody cares but recently it became a huge problem.
Years ago you had to pay $100 for a ps2 chip to play backups. But recent soft modding methods or DS "magic cards" brought a million of people who never paid for a game nor for a hack.
I love jtag becouse it is not so easy access by all those " i can hack you ds for $50".
But lets face it. Free ride is over. It is going to be only harder now with that sport.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head