Hacking [rumor] Switch flashcart in development?

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 16,012
  • Replies 51

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if its GaryOpa its just about the money i will remember you guys what happend when True Blue came out for the PS3.... i wont give those pricks money

In the current landscape of the scene, and what we know of the security of the Switch, you'll be buying a flashcart with limited functionality (software you can pirate) on the promise of "soon" for any new software post-3.0.1 until someone defeats the newer firmware releases which can take weeks, months, or years.

In no short words, a scam.

You're buying a flashcart, its going to be extremely limited in what it can actually do to the system to defeat its and the software's own securities without CFW based on dumped information from newer FW releases. And, once more, this necessitates someone defeating the new FW, over and over, while HackerOne feeds security holes and bugs to Nintendo directly.

Reactions: Deleted User

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the current landscape of the scene, and what we know of the security of the Switch, you'll be buying a flashcart with limited functionality (software you can pirate) on the promise of "soon" for any new software post-3.0.1 until someone defeats the newer firmware releases which can take weeks, months, or years.

You're buying a flashcart, its going to be extremely limited in what it can actually do to the system to defeat its and the software's own securities without CFW based on dumped information from newer FW releases. And, once more, this necessitates someone defeating the new FW, over and over, while HackerOne feeds security holes and bugs to Nintendo directly.
Unless we get something that works more like sky3ds than gateway. Imo its unlikely, but nothing is ever impossible.

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country

Gateway came out with updates for their carts back in its infancy to keep up with Nintendo. I don't know why you think a device that lets you play pirated games on your switch is a "scam" if it actually does it? Don't you research your purchases ?

The console is so new that even if piracy does come first ... homebrew will definitely follow and then most likely piracy launched by homebrew. What I really hope happens is that the devs can crack the bootloader in order to mount android os and have the switch functional both as a switch and the tegra gaming system that never was.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
WHO is GaryOPA?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean, why he isn't trustworthy?
He is "kinda" connected in the sense that he has in the past had eta's or feature lists for gateway early, but then I would say at this point they seem to be mostly random guesses and he got it kinda right a few times, but most of the time he is wayyyyy off the mark

But then again his forum is the "official" gateway 3ds support forum so there must have been at least some contact between them at some point

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!