[Rumor] WiikeÜ ?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
well if you look at it this way if its $100 that about a game and a half for all the games you want
but wake me when there is homebrew

it will more than likely be more than $100 considering the PS3 one at launch was $130 and there was other hack available for the PS3 already.

So this being be WiiU and its first hack, you going to be looking a lot higher, I'd actually say nearer $200 than $100

Interesting where this leads but people these days don't realize hacking costs A LOT of money
R4 when first released cost around $70

It will fall in price, but if blocked then it will not be worth the cost due to lack of game library.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will more than likely be more than $100 considering the PS3 one at launch was $130 and there was other hack available for the PS3 already.

So this being be WiiU and its first hack, you going to be looking a lot higher, I'd actually say nearer $200 than $100

Interesting where this leads but people these days don't realize hacking costs A LOT of money

It will fall in price, but if blocked then it will not be worth the cost due to lack of game library.
Look at r4 now, I literally got 2 free the other day.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
And original flash carts were, like, $75.

$5 off, whatcha going to do :P

but again people think this will be free and easy like Wii Softmodding lol

I say Nintendo have nothing to worry about, it's like the 3DS; yes dumps will leak, yes exploits will be found
but they will be patched and won't be worth the cost to actually perform the hack.

The WiiU is very good, the VC is growing (tho a few more games would be nice so HURRY DA HELL UP) and there is the promise of some amazing games.

They're doing what they can to keep everyone happy but you always get moochers wanting things for free.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$5 off, whatcha going to do :P

but again people think this will be free and easy like Wii Softmodding lol

I say Nintendo have nothing to worry about, it's like the 3DS; yes dumps will leak, yes exploits will be found
but they will be patched and won't be worth the cost to actually perform the hack.

The WiiU is very good, the VC is growing (tho a few more games would be nice so HURRY DA HELL UP) and there is the promise of some amazing games.

They're doing what they can to keep everyone happy but you always get moochers wanting things for free.
the worst part of the moochers is they don't buy the system till it's hacked

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Aaaaaand they're douchebag wankers for ruining the Wii U
HOW are they ruining the WiiU? Nintendo are ruining it themselves. There are no games for it and its not hacked yet. You cant say there are no games because of this as this isn't even out yet and there are still no games.
How many games are coming out for the WiiU this year? How many of them have been canceled or will get canceled? How many of those games are crap? AND finally how many of those games are really worth getting?

So with that said the WiiKeyU will help sell more WiiUs. Nintendo are limiting the games itself. If they don't do something about it soon it'll be a flop. I don't know anyone other than me with one and I wanted to return it to the shop 3 days after I got it. It locks up too much, the controller is really uncomfortable and not user friendly, there is only a handful of games for it and if it wasn't for the Wii part being hacked already I wouldn't have gotten one in the first place. The WiiKeyU is needed for me then I can have a look at those crap games that I wont buy anyway. Might give me a reason to turn it on as I haven't turned it on for a week then about a month before that.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
the worst part of the moochers is they don't buy the system till it's hacked

indeed, bloody moochers,

if I worked for nintendo people would have someone to fear :P
mmmwwwhahahahaha

They don't realize that the best way to have a hack compatible is to own a launch console but hide it in a box somewhere then you're not affected by updates or hardware revisions.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want some information on the loader itself. Because it all swell and dandy having a exploit and dumps but there's no loader (same as the 3DS).

There is no "exploit" and there is no loader like you are thinking of -- the device fakes a DVD drive and does it all internally. This is why it is so limited with regards to homebrew, out of region, hacked games and such like.

indeed, bloody moochers,

if I worked for nintendo people would have someone to fear :P
mmmwwwhahahahaha

They don't realize that the best way to have a hack compatible is to own a launch console but hide it in a box somewhere then you're not affected by updates or hardware revisions.

"if I worked for nintendo people would have someone to fear"
How do you figure?

There have been plenty of instances of later developers compromising security as they do not understand the steps taken in early development.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
the WiiU i very good, the VC is growing (tho a few more games would be nice so HURRY DA HELL UP)

The the problem with Nintendo is they release 1 thing a week and that has always been a problem. Go have a look at the way Sony used to update the PSN store weekly. They released about 20-30 things a week where Nintendo add 1 thing a week. To get anything from Nintendo its a really slow waiting process and it's also very expensive. You can go to a shop and buy a game for $10 and its still $50 in the Nintendo eShop and they also don't drop their prices. They are in the WiiU shop as they are trying to sell more WiiU's and make it more inviting but the way to make it more inviting is to have more games released weekly and have them priced better and more affordable. $10 for a 20 year old game is really stupid. I see shops with that same game for $5 and that's the hardware version not a digital version which is limited to 1 console only where the hardware version can go into any number of consoles and you can even sell it when you're finished with it if you want.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
There is no "exploit" and there is no loader like you are thinking of -- the device fakes a DVD drive and does it all internally. This is why it is so limited with regards to homebrew, out of region, hacked games and such like.

"if I worked for nintendo people would have someone to fear"
How do you figure?

There have been plenty of instances of later developers compromising security as they do not understand the steps taken in early development.

I know many things :P

The the problem with Nintendo is they release 1 thing a week and that has always been a problem. Go have a look at the way Sony used to update the PSN store weekly. They released about 20-30 things a week where Nintendo add 1 thing a week. To get anything from Nintendo its a really slow waiting process and it's also very expensive. You can go to a shop and buy a game for $10 and its still $50 in the Nintendo eShop and they also don't drop their prices. They are in the WiiU shop as they are trying to sell more WiiU's and make it more inviting but the way to make it more inviting is to have more games released weekly and have them priced better and more affordable. $10 for a 20 year old game is really stupid. I see shops with that same game for $5 and that's the hardware version not a digital version which is limited to 1 console only where the hardware version can go into any number of consoles and you can even sell it when you're finished with it if you want.

the e-shop has sales, maybe you're missing them, there's some every other week normally and they are normally cheaper than retail too
$10 for old games, you been missing out on the 30cent/30pence games then too
the only pricy ones are Super Mario World, Mario Picross & F-Zero and there all SNES
and indeed worth the cost

Do you cry when you have to spend money or something? Because it sounds like you struggle to afford what is considered a luxury not a necessity.

vini9157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Bubba said it will cost U$120. I think he is the tester for the k3y team, he is very famous, this isn't fake.

You can see the source here: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=55598&page=2

Sorry my English sucks

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Reactions: djbubba2002

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
"I say $120...No More..."

I'm not an English speaker but where is the "think" word or meaning in his reply.

because he used "I say" that means in his opinion.

it Depends on the Wholesaler guys..Like Modchip,OZ but I say it will be 120 like the WODE,XKEY and 3k3y

not sure if same guy from the other site or just similar lol

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Source please
pretty sure the discs type that the WiiU used aren't available yet, please let me know where you plan to source these 25GB discs to burn the image too?
Oh wait it's completely different because it can use USB media meaning it has to have a loader, which we have seen NO proof of.
They don't need proof. This is WiiKey the one we are talking about. They won't just kill their reputation just like that and they already confirmed it to be real.
The Wii also uses proprietary discs and the games can be burned on DVDs. The Wii U's are just a different type of Blu-Ray

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
They don't need proof. This is WiiKey the one we are talking about. They won't just kill their reputation just like that and they already confirmed it to be real.
The Wii also uses proprietary discs and the games can be burned on DVDs. The Wii U's are just a different type of Blu-Ray

I'm asking for a source of what you posted.
That there was no proof that the Wii could load backups.

I'm not asking the team, I'm asking for the source of what you said

the original WiiKey just modded the drive to load a backup, it still used all the official parts, it just removed the check

the WiiU version is completely different, as its not using any of the actual drive, its a full replacement, there being a fully emulated loader that can read backups made into an image stored onto usb

vini9157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm asking for a source of what you posted.
That there was no proof that the Wii could load backups.

I'm not asking the team, I'm asking for the source of what you said

the original WiiKey just modded the drive to load a backup, it still used all the official parts, it just removed the check

the WiiU version is completely different, as its not using any of the actual drive, its a full replacement, there being a fully emulated loader that can read backups made into an image stored onto usb

they made wode too, and its an ODE, 3k3y and xk3y too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: :rofl2: