[Rumour] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Coming to Switch?

ALBW.png

Originally released in 2013, A Link Between Worlds turned heads, and to many proved itself as the successor to A Link to the Past. Maintaining an impressive score of 91 on Metacritic, it stood as a definitive title for the 3DS library—but that was 2013. Two years later, the game saw a second release in the form of its Nintendo Selects edition at a reduced price, but has since been put to rest. As if to dig it up from its peaceful slumber, Nintendo PR has recently been seen requesting to refeature review content for advertising material.

With a Nintendo Direct more than likely right around the corner, what could this mean for the game? The easiest conclusion to jump to would be a Switch remaster; the game being more than suitable with its lack of reliance on specific 3DS features. Other possibilities could include 3DS Virtual Console on the Switch, or even a sequel.

What do you think? Would you buy a HD remaster?

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nsmb series is not a remake or a remaster of any previous game.. its just 2d mario or else do you consider every COD or fifa a remake of each other? maps are totaly diferent.

also evrything there is but a tiny thing lol see how manny remakes and remasters are on ps3 alone lol.just of hd collectons you got more than that abode lol.
Yes but they're rehashes. Besides the coin gimmick can you name anything actually unique about NSMB2? What about NSLBU? Didn't think so.

I specifically said *first party* remakes/rereleases, you clown. There's HD collections by other companies on nintendo consoles that I didn't list because they're irrelevant. They're third party, the most nintendo says is "sure you can put this on here, here's a devkit. go nuts," and to knock them for something that all 3 major companies are guilty of is silly at best and just stupid at worst. Nintendo as a first party company is undeniably the most notorious for rereleases, rehashes, and so on. I get you're upset that your mom bought you a switch and someone dared to talk shit about it, but chill out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also of course I think Fifa and Madden are rehashes. I think it's stupid to just keep buying a new game every year because it has a newer roster. That's specifically why I haven't bought a Capcom fighting game in like 10 years and haven't bought GGRev2.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes but they're rehashes. Besides the coin gimmick can you name anything actually unique about NSMB2? What about NSLBU? Didn't think so.

I specifically said *first party* remakes/rereleases, you clown. There's HD collections by other companies on nintendo consoles that I didn't list because they're irrelevant. They're third party, the most nintendo says is "sure you can put this on here, here's a devkit. go nuts," and to knock them for something that all 3 major companies are guilty of is silly at best and just stupid at worst. Nintendo as a first party company is undeniably the most notorious for rereleases, rehashes, and so on. I get you're upset that your mom bought you a switch and someone dared to talk shit about it, but chill out.
so every game sequel is a rehashe for you then lol, they add more enemys, powerups and diferents maps its a rehache for you, that is the defenition of every sequel you can say that about every freaking sequel in the world of gaming, they ad more enemys make a some more enemys and make a diferent map, im guessing every gta game is a rehashe, every fps sequel too and so on...
first party alone is bad for sony too lol

ratchet clank collection,jak daxter collection, sly collection,shadow of colossus and ico collection, gof of war volume 1,go of war volume 2, killzone collection, resistance collection,

i just listed this games of the top of my head that is already 21 games on ps3 alone nintendo has one on a console one another on 2 gens ahead and so on.
then on ps4 you got uncharted collection,last of us,gof of war 3, shadow of the colossus remake so yeah they are ramking a game that got released on ps2,remastered on ps3 and then remaded on ps4 they went full circle, i guess ps5 will have shadow of the colossus remaster (ps4 version)

Last edited by pedro702,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why not? :O Have Four Swords and Adventures.
I was joking about Anniversary Edition already being released as DSiWare lol. But to be honest, I can't disagree really. Four Swords Adventures was such a fun game.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so every game sequel is a rehashe for you then lol, they add more enemys, powerups and diferents maps its a rehache for you, that is the defenition of every sequel you can say that about every freaking sequel in the world of gaming, they ad more enemys make a some more enemys and make a diferent map, im guessing every gta game is a rehashe, every fps sequel too and so on...
first party alone is bad for sony too lol

ratchet clank collection,jak daxter collection, sly collection,shadow of colossus and ico collection, gof of war volume 1,go of war volume 2, killzone collection, resistance collection,

i just listed this games of the top of my head that is already 21 games on ps3 alone nintendo has one on a console one another on 2 gens ahead and so on.
then on ps4 you got uncharted collection,last of us,gof of war 3...
How on earth can you defend games being released for full price with the most basic of gameplay changes as "just a sequel?" Quit talking out of your ass you fanboy. Learn to take criticism and know that Nintendo can do wrong. Unless you're one of those people who think Nintendo has never once made a bad game, in which I encourage you to play Super Mario Land 1, which is objectively bad.

First off, counting RCC,JDC,SC,SOC+IC,GOW1&2, KC, and Resistance, you have 8 collections, or 21 games.

Counting Nintendo, we have 22 games, of which G&W's series takes up 5 collections alone.
In total, the G&W series *ALONE* takes up twenty five fucking video games

I want to re-iterate this for you since you clearly don't get it.

Through five games alone, Nintendo has managed to release the same 25 games twice. That alone is more than you have claimed the PS3 to be guilty of for first party releases.

GTA games like LCS and VCS are rehashes. You take content you already have, slap a new story into it, and call it a day. Stop being so mad that I said Nintendo did something bad. Grow up.

Reactions: mario5555
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Originally released in 2013, A Link Between Worlds turned heads, and to many proved itself as the successor to A Link to the Past. Maintaining an impressive score of 91 on Metacritic, it stood as a definitive title for the 3DS library—but that was 2013. Two years later, the game saw a second release in the form of its Nintendo Selects edition at a reduced price, but has since been put to rest. As if to dig it up from its peaceful slumber, Nintendo PR has recently been seen requesting to refeature review content for advertising material.

With a Nintendo Direct more than likely right around the corner, what could this mean for the game? The easiest conclusion to jump to would be a Switch remaster; the game being more than suitable with its lack of reliance on specific 3DS features. Other possibilities could include 3DS Virtual Console on the Switch, or even a sequel.

What do you think? Would you buy a HD remaster?

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source
i honestly dont know if i want this
though 2 zelda games that it would be dumb not to port are ww and tp hd because the wii u version of those game had decent frame drops at times

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You guys have to realize that in between new Zelda releases, they always give us a remake of some kind, to help bridge the gap. So we have so.ethibg new to play while we wait. I'm all for it, I loved it on 3DS.

Reactions: mario5555

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
errr .... I would rather get one of the Skyward Sword.

I feel like ALBW is perfect for the 3DS, was done really well and can be comfortably left alone whilst remastering Skyward Sword would improve it exponentially and improve accessibility.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How on earth can you defend games being released for full price with the most basic of gameplay changes as "just a sequel?" Quit talking out of your ass you fanboy. Learn to take criticism and know that Nintendo can do wrong. Unless you're one of those people who think Nintendo has never once made a bad game, in which I encourage you to play Super Mario Land 1, which is objectively bad.

First off, counting RCC,JDC,SC,SOC+IC,GOW1&2, KC, and Resistance, you have 8 collections, or 21 games.

Counting Nintendo, we have 22 games, of which G&W's series takes up 5 collections alone.
In total, the G&W series *ALONE* takes up twenty five fucking video games

I want to re-iterate this for you since you clearly don't get it.

Through five games alone, Nintendo has managed to release the same 25 games twice. That alone is more than you have claimed the PS3 to be guilty of for first party releases.

GTA games like LCS and VCS are rehashes. You take content you already have, slap a new story into it, and call it a day. Stop being so mad that I said Nintendo did something bad. Grow up.

What makes gta 3 and vice city so diferent? heck even gta 4 and gta 3? they have a new city, new missions and afew new weapons the entire core gaming is exactly the same there is nothing widely diferent at all... except graphics i guess.

im not even mad lol i love collections i have preety much all of them on ps3 and such and i still eager the day to have a paper mario collection becuase i dont fell like buying extremely expensive used games and have to play them on 5 diferent consoles.this goes for all consoles i love a good colection becuase i dont want to buy the older ones and play it on a very low rez that makes the games look blurry on hd standard tvs.

nintendo did nothing wrong neither did sony but sony released alot of remaster in collections in less than 2 years while on nintendo they are far appart from their original release dates.

The gw crap that isnt even a game but minigames at best if at all, and its not like people had any easy acess to play them... while every other collection you could easily buy a ps2 version of it for afew bucks.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What makes gta 3 and vice city so diferent? heck even gta 4 and gta 3? they have a new city, new missions and afew new weapons the entire core gaming is exactly the same there is nothing widely diferent at all... except graphics i guess.

im not even mad lol i love collections i have preety much all of them on ps3 and such and i still eager the day to have a paper mario collection becuase i dont fell like buying extremely expensive used games and have to play them on 5 diferent consoles.this goes for all consoles i love a good colection becuase i dont want to buy the older ones and play it on a very low rez that makes the games look blurry on hd standard tvs.

nintendo did nothing wrong neither did sony but sony released alot of remaster in collections in less than 2 years while on nintendo they are far appart from their original release dates.

The gw crap that isnt even a game but minigames at best if at all, and its not like people had any easy acess to play them... while every other collection you could easily buy a ps2 version of it for afew bucks.

GTA 3 and GTA 4 are night and day different.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
GTA 3 and GTA 4 are night and day different.
in graphics lol in core gaming they are the same exact thing i loved them both but it was basicaly updated gta same with gta5 they gave you 3 characters but the gameplay and everything is no diferent from 3.. you dont have anything majorly diferent gameplay wise at all.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
in graphics lol in core gaming they are the same exact thing i loved them both but it was basicaly updated gta same with gta5 they gave you 3 characters but the gameplay and everything is no diferent from 3.. you dont have anything majorly diferent gameplay wise at all.

At this point I'm not sure if you're trolling, or really that dense. Core gameplay is WAAAAY different between III/VC and IV... Between character movement, gun and vehicle mechanics... Environmental interaction.. Again, night and day.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
At this point I'm not sure if you're trolling, or really that dense. Core gameplay is WAAAAY different between III/VC and IV...
im not trolling lol i have all gtas and played them all never noticed anything out of the ordinery on gta4 that even called out totaly diferent game, im not saying it isnt a good game it is but it has nothing original going for it better engine and gfx but that is about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly