[Rumour] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Coming to Switch?

ALBW.png

Originally released in 2013, A Link Between Worlds turned heads, and to many proved itself as the successor to A Link to the Past. Maintaining an impressive score of 91 on Metacritic, it stood as a definitive title for the 3DS library—but that was 2013. Two years later, the game saw a second release in the form of its Nintendo Selects edition at a reduced price, but has since been put to rest. As if to dig it up from its peaceful slumber, Nintendo PR has recently been seen requesting to refeature review content for advertising material.

With a Nintendo Direct more than likely right around the corner, what could this mean for the game? The easiest conclusion to jump to would be a Switch remaster; the game being more than suitable with its lack of reliance on specific 3DS features. Other possibilities could include 3DS Virtual Console on the Switch, or even a sequel.

What do you think? Would you buy a HD remaster?

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking the same thing. But then again, wind waker HD set the bar pretty low as far as remasters go.

Audience: why would people want a remake of wind waker? Tons of people got a gamecube or wii to play it.
Nintendo: here's the remake. It has 0.1% new content and looks 2% better! :D
Audience: OVER HERE! OVER HERE!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!

(edit: I've gotta be honest: I would be interested in this. :shy: )

And yet.. No one seems to have had a problem with Last of Us, or Prototype 1 and 2 or similar games being ported to the PS4/Xbone.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And yet.. No one seems to have had a problem with Last of Us, or Prototype 1 and 2 or similar games being ported to the PS4/Xbone.
I don't have a problem with remakes, remasters or reboots either. They're relatively cheap, sell well, increase brand awareness and probably come within grasp of someone not owning the earlier console.

It doesn't make it less pointless, but with so many games coming out I've got better things to do than having a problem with the fact that some of these games are clones of each other. :P

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a problem with remakes, remasters or reboots either. They're relatively cheap, sell well, increase brand awareness and probably come within grasp of someone not owning the earlier console.

It doesn't make it less pointless, but with so many games coming out I've got better things to do than having a problem with the fact that some of these games are clones of each other. :P

Well to be fair, with my eyes having problems on the DS screen, I want full screen Link between worlds! :D

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be better if they could do sprites or something for it. As nice as the game seems, I'm a bit turned off by the 3D models. They aren't bad, but the sprites look way better in my opinion.

Reactions: DarthDub
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who have not played 3ds in this game is not such a bad idea.
This is an incredibly dangerous slippery slope though, because if Nintendo starts porting all the big 3DS titles to the switch, the hell is the point of owning the 3DS? Nintendo even openly stated the Switch wouldn't compete with the 3DS so I'm hoping they won't do anything ridiculous like that with it, but you never know.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
lol, Portendo Switch.
While the Wii U to Switch ports are fine because those games didn't reach as many people (and that way I could find acceptable to sell my Wii U to afford a Switch someday, maybe).
3DS to Switch let us see that they are really struggling to get new games out but at least they don't want to repeat the same "game desert" situation that the Wii U had between releases.

If their SD to HD ports are handled well it can be really profitable and convenient for their users, Sony and Microsoft have proven that with their HD remasters/collections.
I only hope they handle them the same way as they did with Twilight Princess on Wii U, not many people liked that they went the straight port but in HD route, but that was the only correct way to do it as 6th gen games have already good enough assets and all to look gorgeous with a simple resolution bump (and some new higher res textures in some cases).

D

Deleted User

zelda link between worlds is an avrage game. i agree with the review. it doesn't deserve more than 7. i want games like super princess peach 2, wario land 5, monster tale 2 on the switch. enough with all those remakes. Nintendo if you want remakes please let the fans do it. did you seen the amazing donkey kong country 2 hd remake someone has made?

Last edited by ,
Reactions: mario5555

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hear the cows mooing as Nintendo starts up the milking machine on the cows. The game was ok way too short imo for a remake.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch should really be named ''Nintendo Port-em-all''

Yep.. Cause PS4 has no Ports....

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition

Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection

Baja: Edge of Control HD

Batman: Return to Arkham

BioShock: The Collection

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition

CastleStorm: Definitive Edition

Cel Damage HD

Constructor HD

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Dishonored: Definitive Edition

DmC: Definitive Edition

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

God of War III Remastered

Gravity Rush Remastered

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix

Legend of Kay Anniversary

Ōkami HD

Sleepings Dogs: Definitive Edition

Star Ocean: The Last Hope – 4K & Full HD Remaster

The Last of Us Remastered

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep.. Cause PS4 has no Ports....
snipping all that anger
Literally who was talking about the PS4? No one in the thread even mentioned it at all, let alone positively. 5$ have been deposited in your bank account. Thank you for your valiant contributions to the Nintendo Internet Defense Force. Mario will arrive at your house shortly to congratulate you.

Rudy69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I played through it twice on my 3ds and I'll gladly buy it again for Switch. I personally really hate playing games on the 3DS, they look dated and the screens are the worst. Given an alternative on the Vita or Switch I never play the 3DS version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol