guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks,

I'm getting super pissed with SanDisk lately, i bought a SanDisk Ultra A1 128GB last week and was bad, it worked fine for only like 2 minutes, it was giving around 80MB\s continuous read and on 2nd test it get stuck on around 20MBs no matter what format type or allocation size I chose its stuck at 20MB\s 4 ever...

Went into the store today, got a new replacement and its the same exact crap.

Can anyone with this M-SD do 2 full runs of CrystalDiskMark benchmark and post the results here.

Also can you check if the bottom part where the contacts are if the plastic is kinda greenish (On the SD adapter mine says 2018-04-11, so the M-SD is manufactured very recently)

Captura de Ecrã (17).png

PS: I tested my old SanDisk Extreme 32GB A1 and it gives ~80MB\s 4 ever and my old Samsung pro 32GB gives above 80MBs and above 70MBs write all the time too...

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any chance your SD card not being original? Theres a lot of fake ones being sold as original on sites like amazon, ebay and etc...
I got a 64GB same brand, A1 class10, it's coming over mail service, when it arive i can test the speeds and post here.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its original it has true 128GB (0 errors by h2testW) and the local store I bought is listed as official SanDisk seller for my country, so I don't think they are fake, specially when the 200GB M-SD cost 130€, the 256 = 160€ and the 400GB = only 300€ when I paid 250 4 my brand new Switch in a promotion on the same store LOL...

I bought my 128GB in last promotion for 40€, but now its 60€ (the replacement I brought is already one of the 60€, but off course I didnt pay more).
Sounds like a bad card, I have a sandisk ultra a1 200gb and read/write speeds are the same since I got it.
Problem is this is already the 2nd one and I have to do a trip of around 80KM just to get a new SD. Also this 2nd one must be from a different branch since when I bought the 1st one a bit more than a week ago, there was only 1 available, so this one was already that they received from factory and its manufactured pretty recently from this year.

Last edited by guily6669,

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its original it has true 128GB (0 errors by h2testW) and the local store I bought is listed as official SanDisk seller for my country, so I don't think they are fake, specially when the 200GB M-SD cost 130€, the 256 = 160€ and the 400GB = only 300€ when I paid 250 4 my brand new Switch in a promotion on the same store LOL...

I bought my 128GB in last promotion for 40€, but now its 60€ (the replacement I brought is already one of the 60€, but off course I didnt pay more).
I got my 200gb on amazon for 45€ (Directly from amazon just to be sure it was legit) . Anyway, go back to the store and show them the problem, they should help you out .

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just do a speed test on the sd card. Use Crystal Disk Mark for the PC. I'm sure there are apps for android too.

edit: oops. nvm. I see you've posted a speed test. I guess that gives you enough info on the performance of the sd card.

Last edited by ov3rkill,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrystalDiskMark have been used on a PC lol, check the pic that I had already uploaded when making the thread, the desktop as you can see is from Wind10, I used my laptop PCI-E built-in Card reader and the windows was just installed not much long ago it has almost nothing installed in it.

Also all my other SD or M-SD cards are working perfectly, even my old kingston class 10 16GB SD bigger card is getting 60MB\s read all the time and its even the SD with my main emunand from 3DS and even has only 500MB free and still has almost the same speed as years ago all the time.

My Sandisk Extreme A1 32GB is also working fine and I have it for maybe 2 years in my Nvidia Shield Tablet.

ps: I contacted SanDisk, but they just blahblahblah whats your usb port 2.0, 3.0 when I stated I was using the built-in PCIE reader from my laptop and was achieving around 80MB\s for like 2 minutes until the card is locked at 20MBs after, no matter if I quick format it to any format or even a Full format. NEVER USED both the 1st Sandisk M-SD or this replacement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Can you also check if the bottom is green?

Check the photos, also, please note that the card is not even like half green in real life, I used a hi powerful white led and my phone camera changes color a lot, but I don't remember if my last SanDisk M-SD was also green or black.

Last edited by guily6669,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but this is exclusively for Switch that I want and its also probably the most bought brand generally on all this Switch forum too, at least the majority reports buying those SanDisk A1 of "XYZ GB"...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: