ROM Hack [Save Edit] Fire Emblem: Awakening (with Ironhax/SDM)

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: royr719

Squirtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
I successfully edited the gold in my FE: Awakening savefile.

You need:
Latest Ironhax (2.1)/Tubehax
Latest boot.3dsx
Save data manager
Fire Emblem: Awakening Save Tool
A Hex Editor (like HxD)
  1. Dump the save from your cartridge/digital via Save Data Manager.
  2. Decompress the save with Fire Emblem: Awakening Save Tool.
  3. Open the save you want to edit in the hex editor (Chapter0-2 = overworld saveslots, map0-1 = battle saveslots, Global = global game settings).
  4. Search for the value you want to edit (search -> hex value).
    I.E, you have 5000 gold on your save, the hex value for 5000 is 13 88 (converter here), reverse the value (88 13) to find it in the save (that is important to find the value!) and change it to your liking (like 3F 42 0F = 999999 max gold).
  5. Save and compress the save again with Fire Emblem: Awakening Save Tool.
  6. Copy back with Save data manager.

Enjoy your gold!

That was only one value a quickly found, post away your findings for item/level etc values.
Man I got some problems with the save manager. I did everything u said, my files were only chapter0 and map0, changed the values for gold but when I tried to input the file at my homebrew save manager appeared some strange messages too quickly, looks like its wrong because I use Pkhex and it doesnt appear.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tried again import save files that I just did back up, got same error.
You need to have your Global file in there too. And the Save Data Manager should have given it to you along with the Chapter and Map files.

And, just to be sure, in the case of Fire Emblem Awakening, you need to decompress the files that you got when backed up using the Save Data Manager. You decompress by using this tool: Fire Emblem: Awakening Save Tool. Select the directory with your Chapter and Global file (at least those two) in, and save the decompressed folder. You'll get Chapter0_dec file and Global_dec file, the one you need to edit is your Chapter0_dec file.

After editing, you need to compress back with the same tool, and copy those files back to your SD to import them.

Reactions: Squirtle

Squirtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
Olmectron thanks for answering,

I got global file too, I didn't say it on my last post, but I had chapter0,map0,global and main. When I decompressed with "save toll" I had only: chapter0_dec,map0_dec and global. I changed the hex numbers which probally reffers to my gold and saved, after this appreared chapter0_dec.bak and map0_dec.bak, seems that those archives are the same chapter0 and map0 whithout changes. I compressed everything again, with Fire Emblem: Awakening Save Tool and sent to save manager on 3ds sd card. It doesnt work. LOOKS LIKE every files that I try to import using save manager get error... EVEN the files that I just did back up(no changes) get this error when I try to import.

Last edited by Squirtle,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Olmecron thanks for answering,

I got global file too, I didnt say it on my last post, but I had chapter0,map0,global and main. When I decompressed with "save toll" I had only: chapter0_dec,map0_dec and global. I changed the hex numbers which probally reffers to my gold and saved, after this appreared chapter0_dec.bak and map0_dec.bak, seems that those archives are the same chapter0 and map0 whithout changes. I compressed everything again, with Fire Emblem: Awakening Save Tool and sent to save manager on 3ds sd card. It doesnt work. LOOKS LIKE every files that I try to import using save manager get error... EVEN the files that I just did back up(no changer) get this error when I try to import.
There's the problem: "main" is not a file from Fire Emblem: Awakening's save. You need to have only files of the game you're importing to, even if files are named different that those of the game, SDM doesn't import for them being there.

So, you only need to have Chapter files (Chapter0, Chapter1 or Chapter2), Map files (Map0 or Map1) and the Global file in the "SaveDataBackup" folder. File "main" is from another game, so SDM is not importing because you have a file from another game when trying to.

Backing up works great even with the "main" file there, because SDM is not reading anything, just adding files to SaveDataBackup. Importing goes bad if you have other files than the game you are importing to, cause SDM encounters them, and see they are not for that game.

Squirtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
Do you get a file "Main" when u back up? Probaly this file (pokemon file) is the problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, we got the same answer tyyyyy:D

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you get a file "Main" when u back up? Probaly this file (pokemon file) is the problem

No. That's what I said in my post.

You only get Chapter, Map and Global files from backing up FE:A

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, we got the same answer tyyyyy:D

Good! If it works, then you can try this editor (uses Java) with your Chapter_dec (decompressed) files: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-fireeditor-fe-a-save-editor.397493/

Squirtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
Hey, Olmectron do you know if we can have access to DLCs content changing the hex values? I dont want to update my system and lose homebrew access ( I use themehax) but I'm so curious about those content.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, Olmectron do you know if we can have access to DLCs content changing the hex values? I dont want to update my system and lose homebrew access ( I use themehax) but I'm so curious about those content.
You can do that with DLC skills. If you equip a DLC skill which you don't have, your unit gets the effects of the skill, but the skill's name remains as "Outrealm Skill".

I don't know if it works the same with DLC classes or items.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is a way to know the hex for color?I try too understand but at the moment for me is impossibile >-< i think i found the hax for the name but im not sure.
The hex for character's name is there only for DLC and Spotpass characters. If you are using HxD, you should see Strings represented by the hex values far to the right, so you can see if it's a name or not.

The color hex uses 3 bytes, and is around 10 bytes (not sure how many right now) after a large FF block.

Last edited by Olmectron,

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
The hex for character's name is there only for DLC and Spotpass characters. If you are using HxD, you should see Strings represented by the hex values far to the right, so you can see if it's a name or not.

The color hex uses 3 bytes, and is around 10 bytes (not sure how many right now) after a large FF block.

Ok tomorrow i checked ;)

Reactions: Olmectron

dFour

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wanna ask if someone can edit me all items i used 2 hours of my live to understand this but i failed! XD If someone can edit me some of this data i post i would be happy! Here is a mega link to the zip data (i am using a EUR game): https://mega.nz/#!tEZnGKAA
Key: !MMdP6qOfCfl0Hl-MmxnS8TlXwCWwCMP4laaDM7x1PyY

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That would be something, or I could see them doing abracadabra together as a finale